Remembering Noddy24, Always

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 07:58 pm
AWwwwwwwww, OUWwwwwwwooooooooo, ARARARWwwwwwwwOoooooooooooooooo........................................................
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:10 am
It will be a perigee moon tonight. I think they should rename it the Noddy moon.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28581233/
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:40 am
@Swimpy,
The moon just arose here ...

http://i43.tinypic.com/ml1csp.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:33 pm
sheeeeesh. I miss her wonderful way.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:39 pm
@Izzie,
http://www.astronomy2009.org/

Thought of the Nodster on Saturday night at a concert about ^^^

lots of amazing photos/videos of the night sky
Izzie

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:47 pm
@ehBeth,
tonite.... wish she were here... x
JPB

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:53 pm
@Izzie,
amazing --- I just had a wave of noddy thoughts. Came here to write something and here you are, Iz. She's here.
sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:58 pm
@JPB,
Weird!

Came to this thread to write that I was away from the computer and came to A2K to write something about Noddy only to find that this had been recently updated...

Anyway, one thing she told me (I think privately) was that she thought it was very possible that sozlet's big big eyes would mean glasses before long. (A link, she said, between big eyes and myopia.) Today I was watching a bit of Top Chef with sozlet on the couch and she kept scooting closer to the TV. I thought it was about hearing, but then she said that she could hear it fine actually but she likes to read the captions and she couldn't see them from the couch. Um. It's pretty easy to see them from the couch.

So I went and printed an at-home eye test and she didn't do so great. Sigh. Will have her officially checked out and go from there, but I immediately thought of Noddy.
dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:55 pm
@sozobe,
That's interesting...I have big eyes and am blind as a mole.

: (

Hope Soz's eyes are fine, though.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 02:40 am
@JPB,
at times...... I look around me and, at my darkest, feel a slight poke in the back reminding me to get it together. Tough timing - a little scared low right now, wishing next week away. I do miss her terribly - you know ... kinda flying at half mast. The moon is out day and nite... always thinking about her...

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6448/dsc03628so1.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/dsc03628so1.jpg/1/w800.png
McTag

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 04:31 am

I met Noddy once, at a diner near to where she lived. I had pancakes and bacon and syrup, she had coffee I think. I was passing through, on vacation, from Penn to Ct.
I gave her a magazine I thought she would like, and we had a pleasant conversation for an hour. She was good company, who would listen as well as talk. I liked her.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:23 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
... The moon is out day and nite...

That way she's always with us.

Moon equals Noddy
Wisdom, intelligence and
a sense of humor
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 06:10 am
I'll always remember the time when we were together in NY.
Her (snail mail) letters and cards are a treasure, too.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:24 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Wisdom, intelligence, Sense, Humor

W.I.S.H...

That's lovely. Wish upon a star...

yep.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:56 am
@Izzie,
A great spin! Serendipity!
Izzie

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 08:31 pm
@jespah,
Jill. x
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 01:57 am
what?? just reading the terrible news of Noddy's passing.

I have never met her but she was really really special to me. And I'm so indebted to her for her wisdom and advice....

Feeling terrible Sad.
Izzie

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:47 pm
@sakhi,
yep. miss Noddy x
ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:54 pm
@Izzie,
I feel lucky to have such funny memories of Miss Dotty Very Happy

We disagreed on many things, but there was humour in the disagreement. As we walked and talked in New York there was always humour - and the Staten Island Ferry. I really was honoured that she finally asked The Empress and me to take the back and forth and back and forth ride with her. Being with the Nodster while she cast demons into the river was quite something.
jespah

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 07:14 pm
@ehBeth,
We went into Allston yesterday to pick up new glasses for me. Coming home on the bus, this woman who reminds me a little of Jill came and sat nearby and chatted with me. Made me happy.