Based on a true story??

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm
Some of the best movies in history have all been based on true happenings and events. But I think the last good movie that I saw that was based on a true story was Sea Biscuit. Does anyone know of any good ones?? Anything new coming out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,025 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:35 pm
The most recent I saw that I liked was 'Charlie Wilson's War'.
0 Replies

YellowMustard

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:48 pm
I havent seen a good one in a while but I read an article recently about a movie being made about this girl who was found by her mother like 5 years after her abduction by randomly being at a party. she thought it was her daugher so she put gum in her hair so she could cut it off and get a dna test. lot more to the story but it sounded pretty interesting
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 05:39 pm
My experience of the claim that a film is "based on a true story" is that in fact, the motion picture is based on actual fiction, but that those promoting it want you to believe that there is some truth in it, as a draw to plunking down your money at the theater.

My experience of "historical" motion pictures is that they bear exactly that relationship to history which Christian Science does to science.
0 Replies

GhostSong

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:44 pm
I think there are films that are actually based on a true story like the one YellowMustard mentioned. It's called Little Girl Lost and is based on the story of Delimar Cuevas... the littler girl who was kidnapped. Really compelling story. Should make for a good movie.
0 Replies