dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:47 am
Butrflynet wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:
its probablly something retardly stupid, or an inside glithc (like fried connection, short)

dont miss the obvious especially when networking.
I just got Diane back on line, she had installed a new firewall on top on several other firewalls that was blocking our interenet connection, HOWEVER I still have no LAN link so my puter is still down.

Dys, what happens if you connect YOUR pc directly to the modem? Does it work or is there still a failure?

If it works, have you replaced the cable that runs from your PC to the router? Have you relocated the cable to a different USB port on the router? How about on your PC? Maybe one of your USB ports on the PC has bit the dust.
not using USB, all is cabled ethernet.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 12:17 pm
Any answers for these other questions?

Dys, what happens if you connect YOUR pc directly to the modem? Does it work or is there still a failure?

If it works, have you replaced the cable that runs from your PC to the router?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:03 pm
Ok, so here goes one more time; cabled driectly from modem to puter A (host) works fine, cabled to router puter B displays mesage, "lan area network unplugged, firewalled" I cannot establish connection to modem driectly from my puter (get same error message as above) I have not downloaded/installed any firewall in the past month (did install "Stopzilla" about one week berfore current problem) Next step seems to be to call a geek.
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:24 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeppers...it's geek time.

We miss you!!!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
yup - call in the geek squad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:20 pm
Dys just called - and the computer tharn is fixed, and he asked me to post that. Yayyyyyyyy!
0 Replies