Need information on applying for an Australian visa!

Willard

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:00 am
Hi! I want to know about how to get the Australian visa for the higher studies purpose as I am interested in doing my post graduation from there? If anyone has any information about this please let me know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,164 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:49 am
Your country of origen may affect your visa application.

start looking here. click on Higher education

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/chooser/index.htm

Visa Application Charge $450.00 non refundable.

Your assessment level is determined by your nationality and course of study. For more information about assessment levels, please read Information form 1219i, Overseas Student Program - Assessment Levels.

You must meet the following specific requirements to be eligible for this visa.

Accepted in full-time study

You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your spouse and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia. You must also have enough money to support your spouse and dependent children, even if they do not travel with you to Australia.

You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination. The requirements vary based on:

* your length of stay in Australia
* other health risks in your home country or countries you have visited for more than three months within the last five years.

You must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance.

Contact your Australian education provider who will advise you about the level of English you need and the evidence you must provide.

Your Australian education provider will advise you of the academic results you need and the evidence you must provide.

You must be of good character to enter Australia.

To enter Australia you must:

* have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government
or
* have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.

If you are aged 18 years or over, you must declare that you will respect Australian values and obey the laws of Australia.

I encourage you to contact your local Australian diplomatic mission. Your education provider in Australia may be able to assist with visa applications.

if you do not feel confident in lodging an application, or if your case is complex, you may wish to use a migration agent to help you. If you do decide to use a migration agent, use a registered migration agent.

When searching for a migration agent in your country, you should:

* consider using an agent in your country who is registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) in Australia, if available
and
* make sure that the agent that you use meets any local laws or registration requirements in your country.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:50 am
thanks for that dadpad!

No problems Willard. anytime you want me to spend half an hour researching for you just ask. I have nothing better to do with my time.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:21 pm
dadpad Laughing

This is why (long ago) I sort of gave up responding to these enquiries & instead posted government links containing the wanted information.

I'm sure Willard is very grateful indeed for the information you've provided. I'm impressed, anyway!:wink:
0 Replies