Interested in any information regarding the Hague Water System
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,085 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 10:58 am
They are very proprietary meaning no one but their dealers can get parts for them and their softeners are very unique/different meaning they are hard to work on. Both those things mean they are expensive to fix when needed.

A softener with a Clack WS-1 control valve is very inexpensive and can be fixed by any DIYer with the desire and a pair of channel lock type pliers. They can totally rebuild one and have the water on in less than 30 minutes and you can get parts for one from many local or online dealers (like me).
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 11:34 am
Re: Hague Water Systems
kmhoward wrote:
Interested in any information regarding the Hague Water System

Do you own one or are you interested in purchasing one?
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:53 am
Hague is an Ohio based comapny and the inventor is still around. It has seen some innovations and has some unique qualities.

http://www.haguewater.com/

Their systems are customizable meaning tanks can be configured for your water quality issues, for example sulfur, high iron. They are very efficient and have a large number of dealers across the country.

I have known some to buy them because they were 'stylish' but that is not important to most water conscious customers. What other questions do you that are more direct?

Their RO, which is rather generic, is actually a pretty good unit with a powerful pressure pump and it produces good water at decent volumes. It's not the highest quality RO out there but works well.

Let us know more about what you are wanting to learn.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies

kmhoward

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 11:55 am
Hague Water Systems
I am looking to purchase either a Hague (eight year old system still in the box and never used) or a Hydrotech system used for six years. I don't just want a softner, I was a home filtration as well. Both of these systems have the under the sink filter as well as the unit for the garage. I am just learning about water systems, but don't want to spend $4K or $5K for a new one.
0 Replies

kmhoward

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:00 pm
Hague Water Systems
Also, if I do purchase one of these units, would it be hard to find someone to install it. I know there is a local Hague office, but not familiar with who to contact regarding the Hydrotech unit. I believe there is a company called Pure H20 in Madison that use to install the Hydrotech systems. I found a number for them which I will try to contact on Monday. Would appreciate any advise you could offer regarding these systems.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 01:02 pm
kmhoward wrote:
Also, if I do purchase one of these units, would it be hard to find someone to install it. I know there is a local Hague office, but not familiar with who to contact regarding the Hydrotech unit. I believe there is a company called Pure H20 in Madison that use to install the Hydrotech systems. I found a number for them which I will try to contact on Monday. Would appreciate any advise you could offer regarding these systems.

Details, please. What are your water issues? Any test results?
Tell us more of the history of the units, if you can.

The biggest problem with inheriting, acquiring, second-handing water equipment is that they are not a match to your water conditions,
they are damaged or 'weathered' to a point of diminishing returns or
just plain junk that need to be replaced as fast as the deal was made.

If those are your choices, I would choose the new Hague unit, which should not be too difficult to install
(it may have a built-in by-pass), or call the local dealer for a service charge and a check of the system.
That should give you some assurance. They can't offer you a warranty, but if the price is right,
the unit matches your water and it is properly set up, then you should be fine.
They will be familiar with that model, even if it is obsolete.

I have replaced a few and both these lasted about 6-8 years on well water.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u44/nalampng/IMG_0620.jpg
or
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u44/nalampng/IMG_0568.jpg

http://www.hydrotechwater.com/Water%20Softeners.htm
The Hydrotech is probably a Fleck valve.
It is well past its warranty period and may have many issues being used. If your water is important to you, get a new system or
one that has been thoroughly rebuilt by a competent service person.

I hope this helps. These forums are a very good source of help and there may be differing opinions,
but never intended to be an avenue for personal profit or business enterprises and should be avoided.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 11:15 pm
kmhoward wrote:

You can buy a new high quality softener on the internet for a delivered price of less than $700. I and other online dealers sell them every day. That would be a much better choice than an old used or old never used one.

I suggest a correctly sized softener with a Clack WS-1 control valve.

Installation is very simple plumbing and anyone with the desire and some hand tools can do it in usually under 3 hours. Or hire a plumber to do it for a few hundred dollars.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 06:20 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
A softener with a Clack WS-1 control valve is very inexpensive and can be fixed by any DIYer with the desire and a pair of channel lock type pliers. They can totally rebuild one and have the water on in less than 30 minutes and you can get parts for one from many local or online dealers (like me).

You can buy a new high quality softener on the internet for a delivered price of less than $700. I and other online dealers sell them every day. That would be a much better choice than an old used or old never used one. I suggest a correctly sized softener with a Clack WS-1 control valve.

Gary Slusser wrote:
I've been doing the same thing in Google Groups and on forums like this since Jan 1997. And I am very grateful for the tremendous business I have because of that.

Gary Slusser wrote:
Very few of my online customers have had any problems. BTW, I sold two softeners today to guys that mentioned your posts here. It was ugly!

Gary Slusser wrote:
Since I've been posting here I've been getting calls from quite a few Rainsoft owners and prospective owners and I've been able to solve their problems and save them thousands of dollars.

Gary Slusser wrote:
BTW, I sold a 1.5 cuft softener in your southern CA yesterday for a delivered price of $688.00. It includes everything needed to install it except the pipe and a few elbows and two 1" female adapters.

Gary Slusser wrote:
Then I suggest you check out my twin tank models; you'll love the prices. They use Fleck control valves with the exception of a dual Clack (not on my web site) which has many advantages

Gary Slusser wrote:
You need to learn more about this before you buy anything from anyone. You could visit my site to do that, there is a lot of free no obligation information there. You can do that by clicking the WWW button below.

Gary Slusser wrote:
I sold a softener today using a Clack WS-1 control valve that will use 55 gallons of water and 6.5 lbs of salt every 8 days for a family with 23 gpg hard water. The delivered price was <$700.

Doesn't this send you directly to your website on a Google search?
Gary Slusser wrote:
I suggest you search for "softener sizing" + SFR, and learn how to correctly size a softener.

Gary, you need to be careful. Your posts can be interpreted as spamming, and that would be a breach of forum rules. It would be nice if you just helped those with questions and concerns. Let's try to avoid relating posters needs and your availability to sell them on line by quoting prices delivered, sending them to your website, etc. That wouldn't be in the spirit of things.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 07:12 pm
Andy, I'd like to suggest that you learn how to edit the size of pictures before you post them. Without doing so takes up a lot of space and makes the text of previous and other posts, and the pictures hard to read and view.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:17 pm
Not to worry, just scroll right. It's easy.

Hope you're not spamming. It is not look upon very ncely by the moderators. Best to you.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 12:23 pm
Quit being lazy and learn how to size pictures before you post them instead of making everyone else, sometimes hundreds of members, have to scroll to be able to read each message and to view the picture.
0 Replies

djl

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:11 am
Andy
Dear Andy,

I've read a number of threads and find your answers thoughtful, comprehensive, professional, and always polite.

Could I have your personal opinion on the quality of three systems I'm considering purchasing? We live in Harrison, AR and have city (chlorinated) water that's quite hard. I don't have the stats - sorry.

We're looking at comparative quality of the systems and value your experience in the industry. The three are...

an EcoWater 3500 softener and a EOR 375 RO unit
a Culligan Medalist softener and their RO unit (not sure which one)
a Kinnetico city softener and their K5 RO unit

The EcoWater package is $2661.88 installed with 2-yrs. service (salt, etc.)
The Culligan package is $2581.20
We don't have a price on the Kinetico package yet.

Thanks very much,
DJL
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 01:48 pm
Thank you,
I have responded elsewhere.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
0 Replies