Law and Order Criminal Intent

kev

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:15 pm
This just started here tonight, pretty good except for the rock music playing whilst the prog is being acted out, thats always a major irritation for me.

What makes programme makers think we all want to listen to guitars belting out tuneless music as an accompaniment to a serious drama series is something I will never fathom.

I'll give it a few weeks tryout.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 803 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:41 pm
The music thing goes away. I didn't like the "Criminal Intent" version of L&O at first but it's grown on me. The first few shows seened a bit odd but after that it settled down and is pretty close in quality to the base series.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
Hope you're right about the music thing fishin, it really spoils it for me when music bears absolutely no relation to what is on screen.

A good example of how music heightens the visual image, is the opening sequence of the film Jaws when the girl is swimming and that ominous "dum dum dum dum" starts up, you're left in no doubt about her fate.

A good example of inappropiate music is Miami Vice. I watched it once and never bothered again.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 02:23 am
<bump>

Criminal Intent, a very good duo the actors, excited cases etc. Of course,it come not really to Law & Order itself, but still a unique, great serie.
0 Replies