Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:31 pm
In the movie Wall Street, Michael Douglas said "lunch is for wimps"

well that's as maybe. but sustenance is required or the afternoon can go belly up

if you do eat and oil the wheels of industry at the same time -------------
do you prefer

#1 hotdogs
#2 burgers
#3 deli sandwich
#4 pizza
#5 baked potato with special filling
#6 kentucky fried chicken
#7 anything no one else want/rejects
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,124 • Replies: 21
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:33 pm
Moon pies and R.C. Cola
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:36 pm
watza moon pie ? not what they feed horses on is it ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:40 pm
gummi bears and Moxie
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:42 pm
I'd go deli sandwich. I haven't eaten a burger from McDonalds/Burger King(maybe a couple of the small hamburgers), or fried chicked from Kentucky Fried Pigeon in about 5 years. Not a huge pizza eater either. I'll eat fried stuff on the weekends sometimes, but in general stay away from fast food crap.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:52 pm
The MoonPie hit the markets of Chattanooga Tennessee in 1917 and R.C. Cola arrived in 1934. They were an instant success when they combined forces in the 1950's. You could buy a RC (Royal Crown) Cola and MoonPie special for 10 cents, back then, that was a full 16 ounces of soda and the MoonPies' weighed about near (that's southern for Approximate size) a half pound.

This combo was soon labeled as the instant fast food lunch of the fifties. Although it's never been acknowledged that the merging of the two was a planned marketing strategy or just plain luck.

This combination has inspired many to write, read and celebrate in its existence. Songs such as the 1950s hit "Gimm'e an RC Cola and a Moonpie" from Big Bill Liston in the 1950's to today's version from NRBQ called "RC and Moonpie" and "Moonpie" by Edwin Hubbard As well as the popular children's musical version by Bill Harley called "Weezie and the Moon Pies". Along with several books "The Great American Moon Pie Handbook" by Ron Dickson in 1985 and the somewhat new children's book "Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon Pie Adventure" written by Tony DiTerlizzi and released in 2000.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:04 pm
(For OaK...it's like two big, soft cookies with marshmallow filling in between them, then covered with chocolate...about 4-5 inches across.)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:06 pm
Dys ------------ Now I bet that was some good old boys that have written the songs & played 'em in those mens bars, deserves a few bucks for it as well
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:38 pm
If it's really on the run, a deli sandwich, low-fat turkey or something like that, whole wheat or multi-grain bread, and non-mayonnaise based condiments. The occasional burger or hot dog isn't a crime though.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:41 pm
Cav, sounds almost healthy. burger or a dog is fine in moderation. they can't shoot you for it, can they ?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:51 pm
Nah....moderation is the key.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
"too much of a good thing is wonderful" mae west
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:22 pm
We're moving to a new part of the downtown maze this weekend. That is, the office is moving. We're all worried about what the new food courts will offer. I'd been eating at a little Tamil place where I can get baked chicken and green salad and fruit salad for $4. It was more economical to have my main meal of the day there - salad for a single person can get expensive very quickly. Now, I'm probably going to have to go back to packing a lunch and occasionally organizing a salad for myself at home. I try to avoid street meat, though it's fun a few times a year.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:57 am
For some reason, my roomate prefers his hot dogs frozen.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Smile Smile))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:22 am
PIZZA!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 11:01 am
Eva --------- are those morsals you mentioned fattening or merely waist enhancing ? the R C Cola musy be pre diet drink days.
Still sounds
kindalipsmackingthirstquenchingtoothrottinggutgassinggood,
to coin a phrase
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:13 pm
Moon Pies?

Of course they're fattening. They're delicious, in an old-vending-machine sorta way.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:44 pm
goodness gracious Eva, and I'm on a diet. so if i were to eat moon pies, I'd have to smoking twice as much to keep my poundage down.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:16 pm
Well, if it's a choice of how to go...I believe I'll take the food!

Wink
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:26 pm
Hi Eva, assuming this is not main meal of the day I would go for

#7 anything no one else want/rejects

I am the fridge's dustbin. :wink:
0 Replies