Actor John Ritter dead at 54

caramel

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:26 am
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030912.writter0912_ent/BNStory/Entertainment/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,465 • Replies: 19
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:43 am
My husband heard this on Howard Stern this morning, I didn't know if it was ture. Wow. It's been a helluva week to be a celebrity.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:22 am
I had seen his new sitcom, "8 Simple Rules", a few times and thought it clever and cute.

Men, even if we're feeling good (and especially if we're not), go to the doctor once a year.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:38 am
Amen.

Man, an undiagnosed flaw in his heart. Wow.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:15 am
2's company now, I suppose....seriously, I can't imagine anything worse than an undetected flaw in your system. Makes you wonder about the medical profession. Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:22 am
Wow. So sad.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 09:53 am
I saw him in The Dinner Party a couple of years ago. He was really marvelous - great timing.

His death is shocking. He was in his prime.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:08 am
I was looking forward to him doing more roles in independant films and such. How sad. I was really shocked.

His death will bring more knowledge to screening for aortic aneurisms. It's a silent killer and could have been prevented. This is excactly how my mother died.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:10 am
Wasn't he great in Sling Blade? Just his appearance cracked me up.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:12 am
Yeah. I was really hoping for more from him. He was really becoming a respected actor and had a great futue ahead.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:18 am
awe....such a big part of my teenage TV years and finally becomming such a valued actor...he'll be missed
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:07 pm
He had everything going for him. Renewed stardom. A hit tv show. A couple of new movies coming out. Relatively young. Had lost weight, looked to be in pretty good shape.
This kind of thing shows us just how fleeting it all is.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
I believe his father died young of heart failure and John was likely over his prescribed weight. However, I think that particular malady is difficult to detect and doesn't have a lot to do with cholesterol problems. I always liked his personality and characterizations -- he will be missed.

Just an anecdote but about 1989 or so, I was standing in line behind someone in a pink polo shirt at the ATM at Bank of Newport. When he turned around, it was John Ritter.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
(No I didn't think to have him autograph a twenty dollar bill).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:59 pm
How sad :-(
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:18 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I believe his father died young of heart failure and John was likely over his prescribed weight. However, I think that particular malady is difficult to detect and doesn't have a lot to do with cholesterol problems. I always liked his personality and characterizations -- he will be missed.

Just an anecdote but about 1989 or so, I was standing in line behind someone in a pink polo shirt at the ATM at Bank of Newport. When he turned around, it was John Ritter.

I wonder why lots of people think Tex died young? 3rd time I heard that, I think he was like 70 something.
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:36 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I believe his father died young of heart failure

His father Tex Ritter was a few days short of 69 when he died of a heart attack.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0728811/
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 07:59 pm
Ritter died of an aortic aneurysm. If he would have been intubated and anaesthetized in an OR with the team standing by, knife in hand, it still wouldn't have been easy. Intense pain, and the patients know something is really wrong. What a way to go. Sad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 02:51 pm
And are you sick of it yet?
Has the media milked this poor mans' untimely death to within an inch?
Do you think Mr. Ritter would approve of it all?
0 Replies

Chenrontom

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 12:41 pm
No offense, but i didn't really like Ritter. I just didn't find him as a good actor. Especially Threes company.
0 Replies