1

Warranteed! Um, except for that. And that. And...

caribou

1  
Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:57 am
If the company doesn't have a license and they were stupid enough to write some contracty warrantee, then pointing this all out to them and asking for monetary compensation to let the matter drop, seems to be enough to get what you want, in my opinion.

At least, if I were them... I wouldn't want to deal with any legal hassels caused by my idiocy.

sozobe

1  
Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:48 am
I'm not sure if not being listed on that site = no license. After checking various permutations of their name, I entered just plain "paint" (it included partial matches, so that included "painting," "painters," etc.)
and came up with a grand total of four companies in Ohio. I think there probably are more than four licensed painters in Ohio that have some variation of the word ""paint" in their company names...

Still, there does seem to be plenty of idiocy going on, so hoping that a threat would be productive.

Not quite ready yet, want to do more research/ line up a few more duckies...

Thomas

1  
Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 08:23 pm
sozobe wrote:
caribou wrote:
Soz, I vote 4.
Threaten, then take what you can get and walk away.

I vote for 3: File your suit in a small claims court or the BBB, cc him, and let him be the one to ask you for a private settlement. It's the better position to bargain from -- and what have you got to lose? What fees do small claims courts and the BBB charge when you end up settling out of court/bureau?