How much is one's own bathroom worth?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 08:59 pm
LA, well, there ya go..

Does she sign something? Would be good to have a clause for if your landlord ever does up things..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:01 pm
Not to be too nosy, but how does a group visit work? Do they fill out a form? Does everybody drink ice tea and chatter? Is it like a real estate open house with a horde of beeves running the room Pamploma?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:32 pm
I planned to have some iced tea, but didn't make any. So, no drinks. People came from 5:30 to 6:45. The most we had at any one time was 5 people. But, even then it was hard to focus well enough to really get a sense of individuals. Live and learn...... next time we do an open house and then a second round of more intensive interviews, perhaps.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:27 am
littlek wrote:
I planned to have some iced tea, but didn't make any. So, no drinks. People came from 5:30 to 6:45. The most we had at any one time was 5 people. But, even then it was hard to focus well enough to really get a sense of individuals. Live and learn...... next time we do an open house and then a second round of more intensive interviews, perhaps.

I wouldn't like to do an open house kind of thing...I like to spend some time with prospective people and try to get to know them a bit. You could have someone come in who would make a great roommate, but then get thrown off by having 4 other people looking, and leave before you get a chance to talk to them at all. On the other hand, it builds value in your place by them seeing other interested peope checking it out...

I'd be wary of a financial consultant who isn't established...actually I wouldn't allow them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 03:07 pm
Why wouldn't you allow an established financial consultant?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 09:30 pm
littlek wrote:
Why wouldn't you allow an established financial consultant?

No, one who isn't established, as far as income...they start out making nada.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 09:47 pm
Oh. Well. We all make nada here. I'm pretty sure she has her back covered.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 10:01 pm
so they replaced me Evil or Very Mad

luckily the new girl wants ALL of my furniture, even my rug....so all i have to do is pack my six plums, as we slovaks say, and leave my room behind as is. actually that might be a bit harder.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 10:09 pm
Yeh. Take a few photos. (Why the hell didn't I take a street photo of the apartment I had over the spanish house in west LA? Now replaced by universally ugly condos.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 09:45 pm
Oh come on, Dasha, like she could replace you! Pshaw!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 09:49 pm
Dasha is well loved.

I don't want to hear any argument.

To go towards obnoxious... Dag is Us.
0 Replies

luckydriver

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 09:02 am
this thread is kinda gross, i had no idea people shared bathrooms with strangers. Must suck not to have any money for a place of your own or need help with rent that you have to share with strangers to keep your place.

even if you all are perfectly clean etc i just cant imagine a living situation like that. I'm so sheltered Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 09:20 am
littlek, if the person is too young and "cut cash" (I don't know what that means), why did you pick her?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 09:30 am
she is young, but mature... i don't know what "cut cash" means either, but i think she has more money than any of us. she seems a very nice person indeed. (and she's buying all of my furniture, so i'm happy as a clam....though i'm not sure why a clam would be happy).
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:13 am
I just bought some clamato juice.

I'm glad I'm not those clams.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:42 am
Dunno....with the heap of things to do ahead of me in the next 6 weeks, turning into clam juice is almost tempting. Only almost so far.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 12:29 pm
Cut cash? Did I say that?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 01:10 pm
[quote="littlek uttered the phrase "cut cash" (thus altering the aura of A2k forever) when she"]We didn't go with the 800/month lady. We went with an anomaly. She's in her early 20s (too young for my profile of a housemate) and is a financial consultant (too cut cash oriented for my profile). She was born in India, but her family moved to LA when she was 7. She's warm and seems to have a sense of humor.[/quote]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 01:26 pm
Curious. I have no idea what I was trying to say. Maybe cut throat?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 01:31 pm
haha. ooops, somehow that reminded me to pay NStar.
0 Replies