DNA Was Designed By A Mind

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:35 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
So is FM's opinion worthless, in your view?

So is Shapiro's opinion worthless in your view?

I've already stated that I agree with Shapiro on some points and disagree on others.

As I said, I've no interest in discussing black holes, I only answered because you had persistently shown an interest.

Perhaps you should ask someone who is interested in them.
You don't agree with any "evidence" that Shapiro presents.

It sounds as if you don't think he's presented any.

Are you more qualified in chemistry than he?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:36 am
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

I've already stated that I agree with Shapiro on some points and disagree on others.

As I said, I've no interest in discussing black holes, I only answered because you had persistently shown an interest. And it certainly doesnt relate to the topic here at all.

There is a reason you won't discuss black holes. If you admit they exist and you can't tell us how matter works in them then it destroys your argument about the singularity. If you claim they don't exist then you are forced to explain what happens with light in the universe and the only other possible explanation is dark matter which can't be explained by the physics you keep using to prove natural vs supernatural. No matter how you try to explain the observed phenomena it means your definition of "supernatural" and your claim that the supernatural can't be investigated by natural means comes into question.

You have become adept at changing the subject whenever your logic becomes flawed. One small problem. Your logic is still flawed. Your changing the subject doesn't rescue your flawed logic. It only means we have to run after you as you run away. Denial seems to be your only recourse real life.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:41 am
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

As I said, I've no interest in discussing black holes, I only answered because you had persistently shown an interest.

So, Shapiro did present evidence?
Oh... that's right, you are more qualified than Shapiro in chemistry which is why you reject what you don't agree with which is EVERYTHING that he says about "chemistry."

And you are more qualified than just about everyone on every subject which is why you can claim there is "no evidence".

There is another possibility. You are just a stupid putz that wants to ignore anything that doesn't fit into your manufactured reality. I think that is the most likely possibility based on the "lack of evidence."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
real life wrote:
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:
You don't want to even to begin discussing dna, Set.

I know you don't, because you've avoided discussing the topic of the thread consistently.

I'm content to show that it didn't happen by chance, Set.

You haven't shown any such thing. If you say that you have, it makes you a liar.

I've not claimed to have physical evidence of the existence of God. Never have.

Asking for natural evidence of the supernatural is absurd, IMHO.[/quote]

No one here has asked you to prove that. However, if you are going to allege the existence of your imaginary friend, you will have made a claim which puts the burden of proof for your claim on you. That you personally are unable to reconcile your personal (and rhetorically convenient) definition of "supernatural" with naturalistic and empirical proof is not the fault of anyone other than you. Failing to provide evidence for any claim you make is your problem and not the problem of anyone who refuses to believe you, absent plausible evidence.

Quote:
And assuming that natural (scientific) evidence is the only type of evidence is absurd as well.

If you can provide any other form of evidence which is sufficiently plausible and verifiable, the scientific community will beat a path to your door.

Quote:
Most events of history, indeed of ordinary life, cannot be 'scientifically' proven.

Most events of everyday life or of history do not entail an assault on the teaching of science in public schools, which is what the whole bullshit dog and pony show of "arguments from design" is all about.

Nevertheless, most events of history and of ordinary life can be demonstrated by inference, and this is exactly the sort of evidence to which you object--but you only object when it is advanced in opposition to your inerrant scripture and poofism arguments. You have long attempted to advance inferential arguments when you have claimed that the evidence for your creationist poofism is the same as the evidence for evolution.

But to return to the significant remark you attempted to slip in there at the beginning. To say that you have provided evidence that life did not arise by chance is a flat lie. You have provided no such evidence.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

As I said, I've no interest in discussing black holes, I only answered because you had persistently shown an interest. And it certainly doesnt relate to the topic here at all.

There is a reason you won't discuss black holes. If you admit they exist and you can't tell us how matter works in them then it destroys your argument about the singularity. If you claim they don't exist then you are forced to explain what happens with light in the universe and the only other possible explanation is dark matter which can't be explained by the physics you keep using to prove natural vs supernatural. No matter how you try to explain the observed phenomena it means your definition of "supernatural" and your claim that the supernatural can't be investigated by natural means comes into question.

You have become adept at changing the subject whenever your logic becomes flawed. One small problem. Your logic is still flawed. Your changing the subject doesn't rescue your flawed logic. It only means we have to run after you as you run away. Denial seems to be your only recourse real life.

Well, this is really off topic but I'll respond briefly.

The 'singularity' preceding BB is commonly described as being of unknown composition (i.e. not composed of matter) and not subject to the physical laws of our universe.

Black holes are usually described as being composed of densely packed matter and subject to physical law.

So your comparison is not a good one.

Moreover, to say that :

'the only other possible explanation is (fill in the blank)....................'

is to assume omniscience.

How do you know that there is only one other possible explanation?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

you reject what you don't agree with which is EVERYTHING that he says about "chemistry."

This is incorrect.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:
I've not claimed to have physical evidence of the existence of God. Never have.

Asking for natural evidence of the supernatural is absurd, IMHO.

That you personally are unable to reconcile your personal (and rhetorically convenient) definition of "supernatural" with naturalistic and empirical proof is not the fault of anyone other than you.

Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:04 am
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:
You don't want to even to begin discussing dna, Set.

I know you don't, because you've avoided discussing the topic of the thread consistently.

I'm content to show that it didn't happen by chance, Set.

You haven't shown any such thing. If you say that you have, it makes you a liar.

You sound like a broken record.

You can't reasonably discuss the origin of dna, so you simply say 'liar, liar, liar'

You're really getting pitiful.

DNA could not have originated in the open environment, even as a successor to earlier replicators.

So where do you think that it 'evolved' ? In an already living organism?

Shapiro has advanced some significant objections regarding the concentration and availability of the needed components of rna, before you even get to dna. These become even more pronounced when you try to place them in a microorganism.

But you'll honestly face none of these issues. All you can due is deny, deny, deny.

Go ahead clap your hands over your ears and sing la la lala la la lala
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:08 am
real life wrote:

Well, this is really off topic but I'll respond briefly.

The 'singularity' preceding BB is commonly described as being of unknown composition (i.e. not composed of matter) and not subject to the physical laws of our universe.

Black holes are usually described as being composed of densely packed matter and subject to physical law.
So then mass can be infinite? and space can be zero? Interesting concept, don't you think? And how is that possible under your view of the physical laws of the universe.

Quote:

So your comparison is not a good one.

Moreover, to say that :

'the only other possible explanation is (fill in the blank)....................'

I haven't done that. You do it all the time. Thanks for playing. Even you admit your arguments are crap.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:10 am
real life wrote:

Quote:

you reject what you don't agree with which is EVERYTHING that he says about "chemistry."

This is incorrect.

yet when asked what you agreed with, you provided nothing.

Please provide some "chemistry" from Shapiro that you agree with.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

Moreover, to say that :

I haven't done that. You do it all the time. Thanks for playing. Even you admit your arguments are crap.

oh ok

it must've been a DIFFERENT parados that wrote:

some other parados wrote:
If you claim they don't exist then you are forced to explain what happens with light in the universe and the only other possible explanation is dark matter which can't be explained by the physics you keep using to prove natural vs supernatural.

funny, he uses your avatar too

Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:13 am
real life wrote:

You can't reasonably discuss the origin of dna, so you simply say 'liar, liar, liar'

DNA could not have originated in the open environment, even as a successor to earlier replicators.

Shapiro has advanced some significant objections regarding the concentration and availability of the needed components of rna, before you even get to dna.

But you'll honestly face none of these issues. All you can due is deny, deny, deny.

I have repeatedly pointed out that Shapiro does not at any time support your claim that (as you have most recently articulated it), ". . . it didn't happen by chance." I have repeatedly quoted for you Shapiro's remark that:

Quote:
Once independent units were established, they could evolve in different ways and compete with one another for raw materials; we would have made the transition from life that emerges from nonliving matter through the action of an available energy source to life that adapts to its environment by Darwinian evolution. (emphasis added)

That in no way authorizes a statement to the effect that "it didn't happen by chance."

So what evidence do you have that "it didn't happen by chance?" Shapiro provides you no evidence to that effect.

What evidence do you have that DNA was "designed" by a mind?

You're the one in denial. You have shown no evidence for either the proposition that life did not "happen by chance," nor have you shown any evidence that DNA was "designed" by a mind. Yet you are willing to lie outright and say that you are " . . . content to show that it didn't happen by chance." You haven't shown that it didn't happen by chance. Shapiro has said nothing remotely resembling that.

Liar

Moron
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:15 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

Quote:

This is incorrect.

Please provide some proof that you've followed the thread.

This is pitiful. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:18 am
Yes, it certainly is pitiful how you lie so consistently. Please quote the post in which you have shown that "it didn't happen by chance."

Liar.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
real life wrote:

Perhaps you could provide some evidence to support your statement of it not possibly happening. Even Shapiro doesn't say that. He only states it is "improbable."
Quote:

Shapiro has advanced some significant objections regarding the concentration and availability of the needed components of rna, before you even get to dna. These become even more pronounced when you try to place them in a microorganism.
Based on what? I guess you fail to realize that microorganisms actually CONTAIN urea and it becomes concentrated if not removed. Shapiro knows that. Shapiro does NOT say what you just claimed. It is your made up crap, not Shapiro. You lie about what Shapiro said and then claim "no evidence" when presented with what he actually said.

Quote:

Run away real life.. run away..

It is YOU that is getting pitiful real life. You are now lying about what Shapiro said. "No evidence" seems to be what you can provide. You can't even tell us honestly what Shapiro said.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:24 am
real life wrote:
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

Quote:

This is incorrect.

Please provide some proof that you've followed the thread.

This is pitiful. Rolling Eyes

Yep, no evidence from you. NONE..

Pitiful indeed real life. I can think of a lot of other words to call your actions beyond pitiful. But "pitiful" means someone might have pity on you. Maybe you do deserve pity.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:24 am
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:

Shapiro has advanced some significant objections regarding the concentration and availability of the needed components of rna, before you even get to dna.

I have repeatedly pointed out that Shapiro does not at any time support your claim that (as you have most recently articulated it), ". . . it didn't happen by chance."

And I never said he agreed with me on each and every point, nor that I agreed with him on every point.

It's hard to believe that your comprehension could be so poor.

Shapiro certainly is adamant about stating that NO rna molecule nor rna substitute could've developed in the open environment.

Can you honestly admit that?

dna certainly could not.

Can you honestly admit that ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
What possible difference does that make? That in no way authorizes a contention that life, or RNA or DNA could not have arisen by chance. That in no way authorizes a claim that DNA was "designed" by a mind.

Apparently, you can't honestly admit that, because you keep lying about it.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:28 am
This thread is so much fun. Smile
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 11:29 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

Perhaps you could provide some evidence to support your statement of it not possibly happening. Even Shapiro doesn't say that. He only states it is "improbable."

DNA and even some of the compounds necessary to produce it are easily destroyed by water.

DNA wouldn't stand a chance in the open environment.

You hang on the word 'improbable' with great hope.

Yeah I guess it is possible if, as one of the scientists Shapiro cited says, you believe in miracles.

Your faith is greater than mine, parados.
0 Replies