Fantasty Football 2008

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@jespah,
Thanks. Its moot since by the time somebody told me to push the button there wasn't any button because the offer had been withdrawn. Smile

It's very confusing looking for a button that isn't there by the way.
jespah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:54 pm
@Foxfyre,
That seems very zen.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
So realistically, do you think QBs and WRs will make less points now, or more? It seems that there is a de-emphasis on passing touchdowns, and a much greater emphasis on passing yardage; but the reduction of rushing yardage point scoring to 10 yards should give a real advantage to RBs now.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 03:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
QBs who pass for big yards but not as many TDs will have higher points. Less points for those who throw red zone primarily. Yes, I think RBs are definitely worth more in this scoring scheme.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:19 am
The Fighting Gerbils have a problem........cannot access Fantasy Football. Message states cannot open the page as we are not members of the league. Then has (Error #152). Any suggestions?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:20 am
@ElStudHoncho,
Are you logged into yahoo as the correct user?
ElStudHoncho

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:36 am
@Rockhead,
The Fighting Gerbils once again have conquered hardship..........we backed into it. All is ok now......hopefully. Thanks
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:42 am
Sigh. Nearly everybody in the Yahoo network has dumped Phil Johnson but he is still listed probable for today and he is the only kicker I have. What to do. (And how do I do it?) There is nobody else of his caliber available. (And no, I'm not trading Westbrook for a kicker Smile) I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope he can play.

But I could use a tip for how I do dump a player and choose another from the available list. Or do we have to do trades with each other from this point on?

Fox (I'm still learning how to do this stuff too) fyre
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 09:57 am
@Foxfyre,
Who is Phil Johnson? Didn't he play in the NBA?

Last I heard, Dawson was limited in practice, but will start.

As far as picking up another kicker, find an available kicker you want out in the Free Agent pool, click on the little "plus" symbol by their name. Then you just select the player on your current roster you want to drop.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@Ticomaya,
Oh yeah---brain fart Embarrassed

I mean Phil Dawson.

But thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. But I think I'll take my chances with Dawson today.

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:16 am
@Foxfyre,
I think you're stuck with Dawson, in any case.

I'll trade you Josh Brown for Brandon Marshall.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:20 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

I think you're stuck with Dawson, in any case.

I'll trade you Josh Brown for Brandon Marshall.

Hmmm. Considering Marshall's propensity to get in trouble, and with no guarantees that he won't be on the NA list quite a bit, that is tempting. But for now. . . .I think I'll hold tight for a bit. Thanks anyway.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:51 pm
Currently being creamed by the Turf Monkeys.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:06 pm
Exciting close matchup between the Puppies and the Gerbils.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:09 pm
@jespah,
I can't even look, I expect to lose big this week. But, you'll all be sorry, somehow, some way.

Where are the hot dogs, anyway?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:23 pm
My Owls still have three more chances to score all tomorrow night, and the Biznitches just one more chance to improve their score, but I don't think they're worried a whole big bunch. Smile
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:44 am
All I wanted was mediocrity. To be in the middle of the pack.
I'm in the lead for the lowest amount of points.
My kicker had more points than my quarterback, two wide reeivers, tight end and one running back combined. My actual point percentage was less than fifty percent of projected.
My hats off to San Francisco running back, Frank Gore, and to the Turf Monkeys. They left the gates blazing.
Good day.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:04 am
@alex240101,
Certainly did better then I expected. We have some heavy hitters, I certainly hope my team continues this trend.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:48 pm
So the 'Necks are down by 14 and my QB - the untested Aaron Rodgers - has projected FP's of 14. I probably won't win the week; just hoping to keep it close.
Bummer for George losing Tom Brady for the season.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 09:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

So the 'Necks are down by 14 and my QB - the untested Aaron Rodgers - has projected FP's of 14. I probably won't win the week; just hoping to keep it close.
Bummer for George losing Tom Brady for the season.

No kidding re Brady. What do you do in a case like that?

Question: Those players that didn't get picked in the initial draft - can we go get one of those now?