Why is everyone upset up the pink hats?

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:11 am
And just to irratate people like slappy, when I get a dog (hopefully within the next), I will adorn him/her with this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414K6S0QESL._SS500_.jpg

And this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YG4KH3NYL._SS500_.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:42 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Pink hat, blue hat -- let's face it: ALL Red Sox fans are jerks.

There.

Controversy settled.

http://www.j-o-e.net/images/cubs-funny/bigimages/agony.jpg

i can understand your hostility, joe.
hey, maybe this is the year your cubbies FINALLY go all the way?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:15 am
Oh, is this thread about baseball? Who knew?

I was born in the Bronx. They have a professional baseball team there. They're called the New York Yankees. Do they have any professional baseball teams where you guys come from?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 12:15 pm
And how many world series has the yankees won this century?

Hmmmm - ZERO!

And in Boston how many?

Wonder which team is professional?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 12:18 pm
The Pinks?

Confused
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 01:04 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
Pink hat, blue hat -- let's face it: ALL Red Sox fans are jerks.

There.

Controversy settled.

http://www.j-o-e.net/images/cubs-funny/bigimages/agony.jpg

i can understand your hostility, joe.
hey, maybe this is the year your cubbies FINALLY go all the way?

That's the best you could come up with? I've seen lots better:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/bobwaters/failure.jpg

http://www.cubssuckclub.com/images/gallery/Cubs_1908.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 02:10 pm
joefromchicago wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/bobwaters/failure.jpg

http://www.cubssuckclub.com/images/gallery/Cubs_1908.jpg

All I can say Joe is we know your pain (not any more of course).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 03:29 pm
Linkat wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
If you've been going to Fenway for years, and have seen how the "fan" base has changed, you'd know why the pink hat crowd is lumped into a stereotype.

Fenway has gone from a place where red sox fans went to watch the sox play, to a fashionable summer drinking fest for anyone who can drop the $$ to go see a game, including annoying girls who have no f'n clue what the hell is going on in the game, are not baseball fans, can only name 2 players on the team, and tell guys they're huge sox fans hoping it makes them more attractive.

Those wearing pink hats usually fit into the bandwagon-jumping stereotype. You can even ask a chick who's a real red sox fan if she has a pink hat, and see the dirty look you'll get.

That's why.

My daughter knows about baseballs - plays too and has attended a Big Papi batting clinic and Papi adored her. He even remembered her name at the end of the session - and everyone knows that Papi doesn't remember most names.

She sports a pink cap and she is a true red sox and baseball fan - we even attend many of the minor games in the area (because the red sox cost so damn much)! So blah to you, slappy do you know Papi on a first name basis?

That's great. I wasn't picking on your daughter. You asked why people hate the pink hats, and I told you. It's a stereotype, obviously not all pink hat wearers fit into it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 04:09 pm
Linkat wrote:
(not any more of course).

five truer words have never been spoken...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 07:07 pm
Linkat wrote:

Hmmmm - ZERO!

And in Boston how many?

Cute, referring the "this century." The first world series was in 1903, so referring to the seven series which have taken place in "this century" is hardly conclusive.

Obviously, the New York team are the professionals. The Yankees have won 26 world series titles, and 39 league pennants. How many world series titles have the Red Sox won? Oh yeah, six . . . and how long was their drought? Oh year, 1918--2004.

Definitely, the New York team are the real professionals.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
Oh, is this thread about baseball? Who knew?

I was born in the Bronx. They have a professional baseball team there. They're called the New York Yankees. Do they have any professional baseball teams where you guys come from?

Baseball? Professional? Nope!

we play cricket here. Baseball is the very poor relative! And hardly any other country plays it.

Still wanna pink 'at, though! I could wear it at tennis. It looks pretty generic. No-one needs to know where it came from Razz

and SOCKS!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:25 pm
Setanta wrote:
Linkat wrote:

Hmmmm - ZERO!

And in Boston how many?

Cute, referring the "this century." The first world series was in 1903, so referring to the seven series which have taken place in "this century" is hardly conclusive.

Obviously, the New York team are the professionals. The Yankees have won 26 world series titles, and 39 league pennants. How many world series titles have the Red Sox won? Oh yeah, six . . . and how long was their drought? Oh year, 1918--2004.

Definitely, the New York team are the real professionals.

wow, i never really got team sports. it's almost as if people were talking about something they are personally responsible for or was part of their immediate family...and not this money making conglomerate... weird stuff.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 10:29 pm
i mean... i presume you two are joking or at least semi joking, but there are tons of people who are deadly serious about this.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:52 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
i mean... i presume you two are joking or at least semi joking, but there are tons of people who are deadly serious about this.

There is no joke. I once killed a child with my own bare hands after hearing him say the words "I want a yankees hat."

No, baseball fans are pussies here. Go over to Europe for "futbol" games and people are murdered left and right at games. Silly Europeans.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:00 am
this is totally serious.

like the sawx fan construction worker who put a curse on NY by burying an ortiz jersey in the concrete of the new yankee stadium.

they bull-dozed that bad boy out of there lickity-split...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:03 am
It's SOCKS
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:05 am
No, honey, it isn't.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:09 am
Linkat wrote:
All I can say Joe is we know your pain (not any more of course).

No you don't.

Between 1945 and 2004 the Red Sox went to the World Series four times: 1946, 1967, 1975, and 1986. Granted, they lost in the seventh game on each occasion, but the Red Sox were at least permitted to see the promised land. The Cubs, meanwhile, were left wandering around in the desert, asking passing Bedouins for directions.

So you may know a kind of pain, but you don't know my pain.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:10 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I once killed a child with my own bare hands after hearing him say the words "I want a yankees hat."

Perfectly justifiable.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:59 am
Shocked oh my, that severe? complete with bedouins and probably snakes and scorpions and near death of starvation along the way? Laughing

As for Europe: it's the Brits. (we go wild over ice hockey...well, "we"...not me, but czechs, slovaks. ice hockey is da shiznit.).
0 Replies