Bid to be bridesmaid

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 09:27 pm
Izzie wrote:
but...PAPA DIXIE - how darn handsome is he a? OH MY Very Happy

Thank you Izzie!

My Daddy is a cutie pie I must say. He was quite the dream boat when he was young. He is funny too..I love it when he tells off color jokes in Sunday School at Church...you can tell nobody knows what to do. Cracks me up. Laughing I am very much like my Daddy. :wink:

Thank you Jespah...I love to look at wedding pics (sorry Chai) would love to see them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 09:57 am
Green Witch wrote:
JustBrooke wrote:
TTH wrote:
What makes her beautiful is the person she is inside.

Funny you say that. I have never met an overweight person that I did not like. What makes them so sweet, I don't know.....but they are. Oh, I'm sure there are some that aren't .......but for the most part I find myself smiling at every overweight person that I pass by on the street because I'm just pretty sure that they are one awesome person. With one huggable heart.

Really? I don't find heavy people that different than the rest of the population. Some good, some not so good. I had a really mean overweight science teacher in high school and at the same time a really wonderful overweight art teacher. They even looked a little alike. The science teacher made me cringe in fear, the art teacher I adored for being funny and encouraging. I admit I made fat jokes about the science teacher, but never, ever for a moment did I think such things about my art teacher. In todays society, I think someone has to be really overweight for me to even notice, most adults are carrying some extra weight around, it's become a norm. A business owner who insults overweight customers should find a new line of work that does not involve people - or maybe s/he should become a telemarketer.

We're all different, it's just avoirdupois that we have in common.

But yes, there are plenty of businesses that feel it's their right and duty to make overweight people feel like crap. As if I need to be reminded by some stupid ass minimum wage worker that I ate too much pizza last year.

Okay, rant over. Some day you'll hear the entire rant. Not until I'm further along.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 10:21 am
I'm a firm believer in second marriages. Very Happy

When planning our wedding, Mr B and I decided we wanted the people most dear to us to be our attendants. We each picked the one person we treasured most in the world. My mother was my M-O-H and his grandfather was his B-M. They were the only ones who stood up with us. It's still the most meaningful day of my life.
0 Replies