Roger, Cyclo, Bear, other bicycle people..

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 09:09 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,288 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:10 pm
I think she's pretty accurate on the pricing. For the rest, I don't train - I ride. So far as hills go, though, I've noticed that places that don't have hills have wind. Think eastern Colorado. Flatter 'en a fritter, but, oh my.

You might get better input from Cyclo, Dag, or blueflame.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:16 pm
Maybe I'm thinking of Infrablue. I'm forever forgetting which one I'm thinking of. Love 'em both, of course, but all those "blues" look alike.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 10:43 pm
We got hills, I like hills (when I'm in shape). I cannot fathom a reason why one would willingly skip them when training for a race...but then the manager says they are using the wind to simulate hill climbing.... so long story short, hill climbing is good and when you can't get it, use wind.

i myself find hardly anything more satisfying then a climbed mother of a hill. i used to train with two racers (didn't join the race, but trained to the end), and hills were a big part of the training. at least twice a week.

these days, i'm not in top shape, but i always like a challenge.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:27 am
Hills are okay... but I don't really train either... I just like to ride... and in order to I have to encounter hills.... wind... heat... rain.... asll that stuff I can take... it's obnoxious drivers yelling at me to get the hell off the road and almost killing me because they pay no attention that I dislike... I thing Rog will back me up on that one...
0 Replies