Something of a Revelation

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:08 pm
(It's like playing online Hearts at The Zone social tables and then switching to the tournaments).
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:00 pm
Setanta wrote:
I don't condemn you for writing it, i condemn the foolishness which leads you to write it in the manner you do, which virtually assures that it won't get a fair reading. Were you to produce your ideas in a more compact, well-written form, and leave out the rant, and the unwarranted assumptions about what your audience does or does not believe, you'd get a much better response. This is, once again, a criticism of your style as well as of the content, not an assault upon your character, a subject of which i am blissfully ignorant.

You mean it assured I wouldn't get a fair reading from you. How I write, and why I write, and why it offends you is the only thing we have been talking about. Did you read the length of the post? No? Is that why you are talking about me and not about what I am talking about?
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:02 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
He's also got to get used to the fact at A2K he's going to get a lot of ribbing about his entries which is also about what he's written, not about anything anyone could possibly know about his character or mental state. He may not want to give the impression he's giving but he better wake up and realize that we're not a bunch of dummies here like he may have run into in some endless chat room.

Chat rooms are a complete waste of time. But forums such as these are not, even though on the surface sometime the comments I receive can make it out to be.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:34 am
In fact, SD, i did write what you wrote--once again, you reply in resentment based upon an unwarranted assumption--i.e., that i hadn't read what you wrote. I commented that your contribution could be a good one, if it were presented in a more palatable form. It isn't just about what may or may not offend me. In fact, i'm not offended by your style, rather, i'm amused by it. That is why i pointed out your second or third sentence, in which you shoot yourself in the foot before anyone has a chance to get to the heart of your statement. Taking that tone is likely to assure that intelligent people who could give you thoughtful responses won't bother, because you've turned them off before they learn what it is that moves you so.

You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:35 am
By the way, you keep taking this whole thing personally, as though any criticism of your content or style were a personal affront. You really need to get over that attitude. I've not been writing about you, i've been writing about your style and tone.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:49 am
Setanta wrote:
In fact, SD, i did write what you wrote--once again, you reply in resentment based upon an unwarranted assumption--i.e., that i hadn't read what you wrote. I commented that your contribution could be a good one, if it were presented in a more palatable form. It isn't just about what may or may not offend me. In fact, i'm not offended by your style, rather, i'm amused by it. That is why i pointed out your second or third sentence, in which you shoot yourself in the foot before anyone has a chance to get to the heart of your statement. Taking that tone is likely to assure that intelligent people who could give you thoughtful responses won't bother, because you've turned them off before they learn what it is that moves you so.

You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Is it safe to say then that you don't consider yourself intelligent? Considering the fact that you did reply, and continue to do so. You even admit to reading my post, surprising I assure you, so it's a bit confusing to me unless you consider yourself to not be of the 'intelligent people'. A lot of folks have read this post, only a very few have replied. Are they all in the same class as you? I mean intelligence wise?

As fas as your amusement with my style and your comments concerning them, I suppose I understand them if you've excluded yourself from the intelligent people you say will not give thoughtful replies. It is obvious that I didn't 'turn you off', and I personally don't think your comments were very thoughtful.

I suspect then that we are in agreement. Maybe the intelligent people haven't been posting at all.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:52 am
Setanta wrote:
By the way, you keep taking this whole thing personally, as though any criticism of your content or style were a personal affront. You really need to get over that attitude. I've not been writing about you, i've been writing about your style and tone.

Now that we are in agreement, you're right. I don't have to take it personally. Thank you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 11:17 am
How very charming of you, SD--don't ever waste your money running for public office, you may as well throw it down a hole for all the chance you'll have of attracting votes . . .
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 11:40 am
I apologize. But it was too much to resist.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 03:36 pm
Don't worry about it, i'm am genuinely unconcerned with your opinion of me. And, it has a good effect as well--i'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to point out to you that you've ruined an opportunity to present a valid case by the character of the presentation.
0 Replies

souldoctor73

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 03:49 pm
lol. Took you long enough. Fare thee well.
0 Replies