it was the tomato not an apple that did in Eve

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:37 pm
McDonald' s Corp. said Monday it has temporarily pulled tomatoes from its sandwiches in in the United States, a precautionary move in the wake of a salmonella outbreak.

Since mid-April, 145 people in at least 16 states have been infected with the bacteria known as Salmonella Saintpaul, which has been linked to raw tomatoes. The bulk of the cases have been in Texas and New Mexico, and 23 of them have required hospitalization.

In response, Oak Brook-based McDonald's, the nation's largest restaurant company, pulled tomatoes from its premium chicken sandwiches and the Big N' Tasty burger Friday. The company has not detected salmonella bacteria in any of its tomato supplies, said McDonald's spokesman Bill Whitman.

"But with an abundance of caution, we want to make sure our food items containing tomatoes are absolutely safe," he said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,827 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:49 pm
The suspect tomatoes were removed from HEB. WE bought some of those that were left and had one last night. I think MacDonald's was smart to pull them from the menu, however.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:56 pm
This is the reason you ought to only eat those tomatos from your next door neighbor's garden.

Joe(wait till he takes the dog in and then belllycrawl from bush to bush.)Nation
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:25 pm
in another week I will have fresh tomatos for the picking in my own garden. This year I have Better boy/Sweet 100 and grape tomatos.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 07:39 pm
Quote:
Salmonella Saintpaul

Damn catholics

gotta have a saint for everything dont they
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 08:58 pm
Quote:
Salmonella Saintpaul

The Republican Convention is going to be in Saint Paul. Coincidence??
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:31 pm
Doubtful...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:42 am
dyslexia wrote:
in another week I will have fresh tomatos for the picking in my own garden. This year I have Better boy/Sweet 100 and grape tomatos.

'bout when you take that dog of yours in?

Joe(checks to see if he has his salt shaker with him.) Nation
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:18 am
http://i25.tinypic.com/wbywia.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:22 am
I live right near the tomato capital of the US. Just bought two humongous tomatoes from a local farm stand. I would hate to throw them out.....................
0 Replies