Let's moan & groan about seasonable summer weather

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:44 am
Tai Chai--

In the last few years there have been several very inept, very brutal drug murders in this area. In at least three cases the corpses have been "concealed" in piles of dirty laundry and then ignored for several days.

Since reading of this slovenly housekeeping I've had several opportunities to congratulate myself on my timely approach to clean clothes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:49 am
shewolfnm wrote:
bitch whine moan

humidity so high you can drink the water

Ditto here... when I am thirsty, I just run through the parking lot with my mouth open.

And it has been HOT and there are 200,000 people without power in Michigan now since Sunday night due to the severe weather we had.

Today it will be cooler, only getting to 80.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:53 am
That sounds horribly unpleasant, Thomas...! My sympathies.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:54 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Tai Chai--

In the last few years there have been several very inept, very brutal drug murders in this area. In at least three cases the corpses have been "concealed" in piles of dirty laundry and then ignored for several days.

Since reading of this slovenly housekeeping I've had several opportunities to congratulate myself on my timely approach to clean clothes.

Hang on...I'm gonna check...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 09:54 am
Tai Chai--

You lose even more points if the murder weapon was an axe and the basement floor isn't sealed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 09:58 am
It's grey-in-grey here and drizzling, cool too. Tomorrow however, they're expecting an oncoming heat wave Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 10:00 am
http://www.wunderground.com/satellite/vis/1k/US/MI/Grand_Rapids.html

Lookie here. Clear out over the lake, with cooler air coming in. Should be a really nice day to help dry us out.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:26 pm
FOR THOMAS !

http://www.sharpsburg-arsenal.com/Arsenal_s_Attic/Black_fan_w_floral.jpg

let's all chip in and forward one to thomas !

or would this be more appreciated ? :wink:

http://www.appleappliances.com/images/items/ai_mbd5l.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:30 pm
Boston Public Schools has been holding classes although some schools in the state had early release today. BPS spokesperson suggested letting the kids run around in the gym instead of outside to keep them cooler. I laughed out loud. Our gym hit 99 degrees with doors open and ceiling fans at full speed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:50 pm
We blew through the last record high (1984) and knocked at the previous high (1950s). It hit 98 in the suburb I work in and is still 90 in Boston now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:18 pm
My life's most pleasant living place was in Venice in an early CA bungalow. Open the windows, cross ventilation. We threw away the screens early on, ugly web between us and outside (no bugs to speak of but we once had a neighbor's duck fly in. "C'mon, Foxy, time to leave...") And we had a roofed porch across the whole front of the house.. or most of it, the remainder being a massive overhead trellis structure. Admittedly Venice wasn't the warmest place in LA but it could get up there, though never approach the torrid humidity of other places.

Here I'm trying to simply get used to that the hottest part of the day can be at 4 or 5 pm. What? I've slight memories of hot and humid nights in Chicago and New York, sans air conditioning, but that was a long time ago.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:28 pm
OMG! OMG! It's global warming! Vote for Obama to save us all from ourselves!!!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:29 pm
Finally! We just got hit by a thunderstorm! It's beautiful! Violent, but beautiful. I love it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:35 pm
Tappity tap tap.... <waiting for storms>
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:39 pm
Hamburger, thanks! I appreciate both the beer and the fan very much. That was very considerate of you.

Littlek, I'm wondering what your school ended up doing instead of gym class. Certainly you didn't make your kids run around in this heat. It must be not just inconvenient for them, but dangerous! If your school had a pool, on the other hand ....
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:39 pm
littlek wrote:
Tappity tap tap.... <waiting for storms>

Believe me, it's worth the wait. You're in for a treat.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:41 pm
My son, his cousin, and I saw a lightning strike the other day as we tried to get off a golf course. It's no treat.....and wind is the worst.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 07:46 pm
You've got a point cjhsa. Lightning can't be fun when you're holding a bag of metal golf clubs. Still, from inside, it's a treat.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 08:23 pm
Thomas wrote:
Hamburger, thanks! I appreciate both the beer and the fan very much. That was very considerate of you.

Littlek, I'm wondering what your school ended up doing instead of gym class. Certainly you didn't make your kids run around in this heat. It must be not just inconvenient for them, but dangerous! If your school had a pool, on the other hand ....

They had gym. It has been ridiculous. I Am guessing that the super isn't familiar with heat-brain conflicts.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 08:24 pm
groan whine bitch moan

my car today said 104

my ac got slightly warmer, then stopped blowing anything even resembling cold air.

groan whine bitch bitch moaaaaannnnnnnn Mad
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 08:04:32