H2O MAN
 
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 10:21 am
Replacement windows can be an excellent home improvement.

I just had the last set of original cheap aluminum single hung builder windows replaced in my home.
The seals between the panes failed years ago, the balancers were worn out and they quickly transfered hot & cold into the room.

Here is the before picture:

http://www.athenswater.com/images/WINDOW001.jpg


I chose a picture window for the opening to enhance my view of the back 40.
1" double pane with LOW-E and Argon gas. Immediate results include a cooler, cleaner room and a clear view.
I used WindowWorld to do the job.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/WINDOW2.jpg


Anyone need a bed liner for an Xtra cab Toyota T100?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 12
No top replies

 
Joeblow
 
  1  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 04:28 pm
Wow! Gorgeous!
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 04:35 pm
Niiiice!
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  2  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 04:56 pm
I have this bedroom window that's really pretty large but it looks out to the neighbors who are fascists/republican dickwads, is there a replacement window that will block them out and still let in the sunshine?
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 05:02 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I have this bedroom window that's really pretty large but it looks out to the neighbors who are fascists/republican dickwads, is there a replacement window that will block them out and still let in the sunshine?


LOL !! That's some funny **** D - have you considered a dickwad filter? Cool




Here another look from a tight angle.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/window_reflected.jpg
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  2  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 05:35 pm
h2oman wrote:
have you considered a dickwad filter? Cool
yes i have but as shiksa constantly notes, it's unfortunately still illegal to shoot scum sucking pigs just because they are republicans, freakin' liberals and their gun laws drive me crazy!
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 05:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
h2oman wrote:
have you considered a dickwad filter? Cool
yes i have but as shiksa constantly notes, it's unfortunately still illegal to shoot scum sucking pigs just because they are republicans, freakin' liberals and their gun laws drive me crazy!


I'll drink to that!
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 05:43 pm
Nice windows H2O. I personally like ones with muttons, more cozy and cottage like.

(Come on Dys, stop being so cranky, common ground is the only hope for salvation of the world. We all need windows, even if we don't see the same thing out of them.)
0 Replies
 
Wy
 
  1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 03:57 pm
Mullions, GW, not muttons. And I agree, they are more homey. Sometimes the window is a single pane and the mullions are a separate grid that pops out so you can clean the window more easily. Close up, you can tell, but they add that old-time look.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 04:50 pm
You are both correct except muttons is spelled muntins.

Those things go by many names: grilles, grills, mullions, grids, muntins, grates, inserts and bars.

No matter what you call them, I can't stand them!
I prefer a clear, unobstructed view Cool
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 05:54 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
You are both correct except muttons is spelled muntins.


Muttons is also correct as a spelling, not that I don't do my share of malapropisms around here. I worked for an architect once and I think all the above spellings were used and accepted.

I think the all glass window works best in a modern style house, but I like the little panes in older style homes. I'm a hobbit at heart.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 06:15 pm
Green Witch wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
You are both correct except muttons is spelled muntins.


Muttons is also correct as a spelling, not that I don't do my share of malapropisms around here. I worked for an architect once and I think all the above spellings were used and accepted.

I think the all glass window works best in a modern style house, but I like the little panes in older style homes. I'm a hobbit at heart.


You are not alone, most folks prefer the look of little window pains.

I should have said muttons can also be spelled muntins :wink:
0 Replies
 
Wy
 
  1  
Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 02:12 pm
Thank you both, GW and H2O! I have learned something new, so it's a good day!

And it depends on the style of the house. I like older houses, so I like whatever you call 'ems. But in a modern home, or even an older one with a great view, a picture window can add a lot.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Poo-tee-weet? - Question by boomerang
Let's just rename them "Rapeublicans" - Discussion by DrewDad
Which wood laminate flooring? - Question by Buffalo
Metal Roofs pros & con s - Question by Swimpy
Buying a new entry door - Question by sozobe
Need water help - Question by richierich
Lifesource Water versus a 'salt' system - Discussion by USBound
Rainsoft - Discussion by richb1
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Replacement windows
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/28/2021 at 09:45:58