Tsk Tsk Such Bad Driving

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 12:28 pm
Driving around Tomball last week I saw two accidents that have me shaking my head. First, on the Kroger parking lot, I arrived immediately after a small truck ignored a stop sign and shot around the building at a high rate of speed. Going that fast he could not see the post in time: a four inch post filled with concrete and about four feet tall. He smacked into it and his truck slid up on top. The truck came to rest with the cab directly over the bent but still standing post, about three feet above the parking lot. Then the guy got out and crawled under the truck to view the damage. The second accident was equally foolish. I sat behind two elderly people who were stopped for the light. After we had sat through about two thirds of the light, the driver inexplicably drove right into the oncoming traffic. The cars in the near lane avoided them. Not so the far lane. They crashed into about a two ton truck. Now, I ain't the goodest driver in the world, but, by golly, I've never accomplished accidents like these, either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,227 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 12:49 pm
Maybe they are shooting for a Darwin Award.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 12:56 pm
Sunspots. Must be sunspots. We've had a couple of doozie local pile ups this weekend--two of them involving motorcyclists.

This weekend PA's manditory motorcycle helmet law went out of effect. Of the two accidents, one cyclist was wearing a helmet (He's scraped and bruised, but out of the hospital). The other guy was asserting his right to feel the breeze in his face and the wind under his wings. He's in intensive care.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 12:58 pm
Just testing their insurance policies, making sure they get their money's worth.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 01:15 pm
Think of it as evolution in action...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 01:27 pm
Then we put these type of creachers in big jets and tanks...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 01:41 pm
Re: motorcycle riders who refuse to wear helmets...my friend, the E.R. nurse, calls them all "organ donors."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:11 pm
I hear ya Edgar. What were they thinking???
0 Replies