Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:52 pm
I'm just not much on drinking white wines but last night at dinner lady Osso and I had some Voga Pinot Grigio and made me write down the name so I could get some more.
http://the20bucksommelier.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/voga_pinot_grigio_2005.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,951 • Replies: 15
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 07:55 pm
That looks like a perfume bottle. Are you sure it was good?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:03 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
That looks like a perfume bottle. Are you sure it was good?
Well, I had snorted a few lines of coke before dinner but the Voga went pretty well with my scallops and scampi (bimbo from hell critiques not only the wine but the bottle it comes in!) would you like to stamp on my choice for dessert as well?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:21 pm
Pah! Who knows what you new age New Mexicans come up with next!
I never would touch a wine coming from such a bottle.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/323/schmollerzy2.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:25 pm
Hah, I didn't see the bottle, that might have made me pause. But the wine was tasty (I had a mixed green salad and a scallop appetizer that was more than an appetizer. I used the doggy package of leftover perfect scallops in a pasta tonight). Really good restaurant, the Indigo Crow...

I still have not found the exact Vernaccia di San Gimignano we liked about a year ago. Not one of the usual names, and that restaurant, Scalo, has changed chefs and probably wine staff).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:26 pm
the ultimate new mexican wine;
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/2f/320px-Thunderbirdbottlevancouver.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:28 pm
You sure about that NM wine. Looks like an import to me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:29 pm
Back to the Voga Pinot Grigio, I don't often like Pinot Grigio. Or maybe I just try poor ones. I think of it usually as "nothing". Or maybe it was the patio atmosphere.. the warm wind tapering off, the big canopy of a great cottonwood, good company, yadda yadda.

Walter got a photo of Diane's salad, a true work of art...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:30 pm
Look, at least they're honest!

http://www.coral-lab.org/~catalano/photos/SpringTraining/SpringTraining-Images/30.jpg
0 Replies

Iknownothing

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 12:33 pm
^ ha ha
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 02:35 pm
cheap wine and a 3-day growth~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:32 pm
It got a really good review in The Globe and Mail:

Voga

(I wanted to post the article about how wine labels are being designed these days to appeal to women -- there's a mention of that in the above article -- but they expected me to PAY for it! I save my disposable income for wine Very Happy .)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:55 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
It got a really good review in The Globe and Mail:

Voga

(I wanted to post the article about how wine labels are being designed these days to appeal to women -- there's a mention of that in the above article -- but they expected me to PAY for it! I save my disposable income for wine Very Happy .)
Thank you, I feel almost vindicated for my plebian tastes.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 05:18 pm
When it comes to white wine I prefer the lighter ones dismissed by snobs as "patio sippers". Anything more "complicated" tastes like paint stripper to me. (Not that I've ever knowingly imbibed paint stripper...) I only read the wine columns for ideas for drinkable wines that don't cost an arm and a leg.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 05:24 pm
I generally prefer red, but with whites I usually stick to the Sauvingon Blancs - more reliable by far than the Cardonays, which are often over hyped. I don't know much about the new breeds of Pinots, etc., but have enjoyed some - Dys may have found one. It is a strange bottle though.

Calamity is very judgemental, Dys... don't worry, it's a LaJolla/German thing.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 10:20 pm
....and I wrote the other day, that you're such a gentle soul, George.
Why, I have to see if I can still delete that post. Wink
0 Replies