Farmerman, wherefore art thou?

JTT

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 09:04 pm
Hi FM.

I couldn't find that thread on your new sunroom [didn't look all that hard actually] but I came across this nifty solution to your slave system. Even if you've already put it in I think that you could change it if need be.

I forget where I saw it and I can't remember the name of it. I'm a big help, aren't I?

Anywoo, you put an extra copper tube thru the heater above the finned one and add a solenoid valve in front of the Y, ie. before the Y going to the finned tube or the unfinned pipe.

Add a thermostat in the room that will divert the heated water to the finned tube when heat is required and when it shuts off, ie, no heat is required the water will be diverted thru the unfinned pipe, which I imagine would deliver very little heat. It could even be wrapped with insulation if need be.

I'll try to locate the site where I first came across it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 979 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 09:33 pm
Upon reflection, [dummy!!] it could simply be a solenoid valve 'cause they simply open and close. I guess that's what made this special; it was a diverter valve, which in itself is the necessary Y.

I wonder if Chumly knows of this gadget.
0 Replies