What makes you Want Religion in your life?

aperson

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:53 pm
Re: What makes you Want Religion in your life?
mrhunt wrote:

Is it merely Your "hobby"? Is it because you beleive you'll go to hell if you dont? does it fill the void in your life?

Mr Hunt, you are correct in your last sentence. Have you ever heard of the "God Spot"? Scientists have found a (actually several) location(s) in the brain, which creates the need for belief and controls religious experiences. We all, religionists and atheists alike, have a God sized hole in our mind. Religionists are those who succumb to their instincts and try to fill the hole. Us atheists resist our desires and have a more logical view on life. I don't know why it is there, but I suspect it is to unite communities through belief. What we must keep in mind is that it evolved, and it isn't, as some people claim, the proof that God exists. After all, if we followed our instincts all the time, we would go around having sex with anything that moved, and so on. Hope that answers your question.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 01:58 am
Very interesting,That sounds actually very far fetched to be honest with you (the god spot?,Wtf)

You got any links on it? Not taht i dont believe what your saying.....id just be very curious to look into it further....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:34 am
Do you sk obvious ly loaded questions to purposely feel pissed off when the predictably obvious answers come over the transom?

Why not spare yourself all this pissing off and just keep this crap to yourself?

Jesus asked me to tell you that. Jesus is all loving and if you dont believe in his endless love, he will pitch your sorry ass into the searing fires of hell, along with all the other Chicago Cubs fans.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 09:29 pm
Wtf Man? Did jesus Tell you to just be a Prick To me? Go **** yourself.Im not in the goddam ******* mood Faggot. What "Crap" are you talking about Since i was asking a very sincere question originally.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:10 am
Have you ever read anything about existentialism Mrhunt?

I suggest you delve in, assuming of course if you have not already done so.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82EV4KBIsNk
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:52 pm
Nah,I dont know what that even is.I'll be sure to checkout the link,Thank you!
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:34 am
Have you checked the link out yet Mrhunt?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:40 am
I feel a lot of unresolved anger there sparky. I think that you should come oput of the closet and embrace your gayness. We arent judgemental here on the board (At least Im not, I dont know about some of these AUstralian clowns)
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 02:03 am
**** off you tiny Dicked little ****.Seriously,just leave Me the **** alone.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 05:11 am
Im guessing that you have not checked out the link yet.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 05:44 pm
Just did,didnt comprehend the entire thing and It was a tad too short but i Really liked the Overall message.Thank you for posting the video.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 07:48 pm
Re: What makes you Want Religion in your life?
mrhunt wrote:
What makes you Want Religion in your life?
Nothing.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:56 pm
Mrhunt, since you asked so nicely, here's a link I found in a Google search. I haven't read over it, but it seems kosher:

Clicky here

And by the way, this is an adult forum for sensible discussion. Please write in full sentences, and don't use profanities in capitals followed by many exclamation marks and a one at the end. Just keep your cool.

PS I request that seasoned members ignore my blatant hypocrisy.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:48 pm
depends what you mean by religion.

for me its the fact that before something there was nothing? maybe?

where did something come from? where did nothing come from?

its the inability of science to work without something there already.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:53 pm
mrhunt wrote:
real life wrote:
BDV wrote:
Futurist wrote:
I just need God and He is REAL.

This kind of blunt Ignorance Pisses Me off So **** much!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!1

If you don't like the answers. Don't pose the question. Oh, and your language is abhorrent.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:30 am
First off,Im really sorry for The "web behavior"

I Realize its childish and innapropriate but ive just been having so many problems The last few months And they just wont go away,they just keep getting worse and worse and it feels good to act like a dick Here instead of in the real world where it will pose serious consequences.

I know thats not a Very Good Excuse and im not really trying to make excuses but ....Im sorry.And i cant promise that it wont happen again but i can honestly Say i'll try my best.
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:28 am
Mrhunt wrote:
"And i cant promise that it wont happen again but i can honestly Say i'll try my best."

don't pretend like you have no control over it, when you do that you can convince yourself that you actually don't, when really you have complete control. and if you feel you can, why don't you talk about your problems, rather than just keeping them to yourself and then going mad?

just say'n is all.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:52 am
I cannot speak for others when it comes to wanting to find something holy or God. For me, the quest for spirit and God is to find and honor what is holy within myself.

Religion, in the purest form, strips away the mundane, the petty, and gives perspective.

I have not had time to read the other responses, but will try to get to them.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 02:36 am
existential potential wrote:
Mrhunt wrote:
"And i cant promise that it wont happen again but i can honestly Say i'll try my best."

don't pretend like you have no control over it, when you do that you can convince yourself that you actually don't, when really you have complete control. and if you feel you can, why don't you talk about your problems, rather than just keeping them to yourself and then going mad?

just say'n is all.

I suppose your Right....And as for talking about my problems you can just check out

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119292
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=119943

For My Sad little Sob story.So nobodys realy keeping it to themselves.....
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 07:10 pm
For God's sake man speak in English!
0 Replies