cjhsa

Mon 19 May, 2008 09:24 am
I can't really name one. I love them all! Very Happy

There used to be this Cajun place in Tahoe Vista that did a blackened prime rib that was just out of this world. I guess that gets my vote. Unfortunately it went under and is now called Spindleshanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,024 • Replies: 25
Topic Closed
No top replies

panzade

Mon 19 May, 2008 10:03 am
I like Ruth Chris a lot...but you need a lot of ducats Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

mismi

Mon 19 May, 2008 10:08 am
Ruth's Chris - absolutely my favorite hands down. We go for our anniversary each year. Flemming's is good as well.

We had a gift certificate to Logan's Steakhouse and went the other night. I thought it would not be good - but the steaks were quite yummy - a little too fatty for my taste - but if you just cut that off, no problem. Plus the kids loved shelling the peanuts and throwing them on the floor...it would drive me nuts if we went too often but as a family outing - not bad at all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 19 May, 2008 10:16 am
Kagle's steaks in (actually, just outside of) Lubbock.

Best ribeyes I've ever had. I go back every time I'm in Lubbock.
0 Replies

panzade

Tue 20 May, 2008 07:36 am
Our band plays at a restaurant in Okeechobee Fla that serves my favorite steak...a "baseball: cut sirloin. It;s about the size of a baseball but a little flatter...the best!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 21 May, 2008 07:07 am
Outback is a steakhouse in name only, but they do a good job and give a lot back to the community.

Last year my daughter's crew team and parents were treated to a Sunday meal by Outback to celebrate the end of the season. All free, just leave a good tip. They of course trained a few new employees and used a limited menu, but it was great. Recommended!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Wed 21 May, 2008 07:09 am
So far, Capital Grille.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Wed 21 May, 2008 07:11 am
I rather enjoy Rossi's and have had some memorable times there.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 21 May, 2008 07:19 am
What are you doing in Minneapolis Gus? Hanging out with Prince? I thought he was a vegan.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 21 May, 2008 07:24 am
Tom Horan's America's Top Ten Club: Folk's Folly Prime Steak House in Memphis. Chicago Chop House; Bobby Van's Steakhouse, New York; LG's Prime Steakhouse, Palm Desert, Calif.; Charley's Steak House, Orlando, Fla.; Bob's Steak & Chop House, Dallas; Metropolitan Grill, Seattle, Wash.; Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, New Orleans; RingSide, Portland, Ore. There was a tie between Plaza III, The Steakhouse, Kansas City, Mo.; and Jackson's Steakhouse, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
0 Replies

panzade

Wed 21 May, 2008 01:53 pm
just a pr ploy.IMO not an unbiased list
0 Replies

George

Wed 21 May, 2008 02:54 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
So far, Capital Grille.

I was saving up to go, but then my kid decided to go to college.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Fri 23 May, 2008 02:50 am
When in London,the number one place is Bodians BBQ,10 Portland Street,Soho,but you've gotta book ahead.If you can't get in there,a good old fall back is The Texas Embassy,just off of Trafalgar Square.
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 23 May, 2008 12:21 pm
thanks mod...reminds me of the lack of good Limey fish and chios around here...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 23 May, 2008 12:46 pm
Also, Kreutz market in Lockhart, TX.

Smoked prime rib to die for.

Houston's, in Austin, TX. Great Hawaiian ribeye, and fantastic aged prime rib. And get the tortilla soup and salad w/ honey mustard dressing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 23 May, 2008 01:38 pm
The North Star ... north of Topeka, Kansas, early 1991. I'm not exactly sure where it's at ... I may have been blindfolded to protect the secrecy of the location. It's a private club, and you must have a reservation to boot.

You enter and wait. The waiting room is as large as the dining room is small. Plenty of libations during your minimum 45 minute wait. The wait staff consisted of a couple of gentlemen who had worked at the place for 40 and 20+ years respectively. There are no menus. You have your choice of 5 main menu items. I usually ordered the Porterhouse. You tell the waiter what you want, how you want it cooked, what salad dressing you want (I recommend the homemade blue cheese), and what you want to drink. He writes nothing down, which is interesting when he goes around a table of up to 10 people. He later scribbles the orders down on a sheet of paper for the cook. The waiters never made mistakes. (I later learned the 40 year veteran was a vice-president of a large local bank. But he loved serving people. Pretty amazing, really.)

There are no steak knives. You do not need any. The steaks cut easily enough with a fork. They probably have steak sauce, but none is needed. They bring out platters of fries and bowls of gravy. This is not health food.

Best steak I've ever experienced.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Fri 23 May, 2008 03:03 pm
And the winner is (drum roll) .......... Peter Luger in Brooklyn!

They have a cool bar too:

http://www.peterluger.com/images/bar.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 23 May, 2008 04:13 pm
Turns out that Houston's is a chain. Who knew?

Even one in Kansas City.

http://www.hillstone.com/#/restaurants/houstons/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 23 May, 2008 04:25 pm
I liked Johnny's in Omaha, right by the stockyards. But that was long, long ago. I remember the Chicago Stockyard Inn, but doubt I liked it better than Johnny's.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:29 am
Best steak I ever had was at Murray's in Minneapolis.
0 Replies