0
   

So.......they can ressurect people now? WTF.

 
 
mrhunt
 
Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 04:52 pm
http://www.nbc10.com/family/16223575/detail.html

Yet another reason im an athiest......this Woman Subjected Her 2 young children To Leave the decaying corpse of their 90year old grandmother In their bathroom For Several months Because she beleived that the power of prayer would Ressurect the dead body....

what in the hell is wrong with people? Religious Fanatics make me ******* sick.These poor Kids shoulndt of been subjected to such extreme Mental Abuse such as this......

**** her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,705 • Replies: 53
No top replies

 
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 06:10 pm
Mute-worthy
That was one of those sordid stories that made me pretty angry. Once I read or heard beyond the superficial details, I had to shut it off and reach for the mute button. So, this story was mute-worthy. Wish that I could've had a time machine and put those young victims in it and rescued those children from having to live through that.

Unfortunately, whether or not someone is an atheist or deist, insanity abounds on this whacky planet.
0 Replies
 
Pauligirl
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 08:40 pm
But wait, there's more...


Two Arrested in Juneau Co. Death Investigation
Posted: May 9, 2008 03:46 PM EDT
Updated: May 11, 2008 03:36 PM EDT

The Juneau County Sheriff's Department and Coroner's Office are investigating the death of a 90-year-old woman in Necedah.
Sheriff Brent Oleson says a deputy was called to the home of Alvina Middlesworth in Necedah Wednesday night at 4:45pm for a welfare check. Family of the elderly woman had told deputies she had not made contact with them in about two months.
The deputy found Middlesworth's dead and decaying body in a bathroom at the home. According to Oleson, Middlesworth had been dead for a long time, possibly two months. The sheriff's department says Middlesworth may have died of natural causes, but they are waiting on results of an autopsy that was performed.
There were also three people living at the home, 35-year-old Tammy Lewis, a.k.a Sister Mary Bernadett, a 15-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy. Deputies arrested Lewis and 57-year-old Alan Bushey, a.k.a Bishop John Peter, after investigating the death.
Lewis was charged Friday in Juneau County Court with two counts of causing mental harm to a child and one count of obstructing an officer. Bushey is charged with two counts of causing mental harm to a child.
District Attorney Scott Southworth says Bushey and Lewis are self-proclaimed leaders of their own religious order, which they claim is connected to the Catholic Church before Vatican II. During court proceedings, Southworth said there is information that Bushey and Lewis were collecting Middlesworth's social security checks and an annuity.
Southworth also says Bushey and Lewis had gotten possession of Middlesworth's will, which lays out who gets her money. Neither Lewis, nor Bushey is a recipient.
Southworth says more charges will likely be filed , but authorities need to collect more information. If further investigation shows Bushey and Lewis were collecting the annuity after Middlesworth's death, Southworth says the two will be charged with hiding a corpse. Southworth also says Bushey and Lewis could face federal charges for collecting Middlesworth's social security checks.
Authorities have given no indication of how any of the people involved in the investigation - Lewis, Bushey, the two children and the elderly woman - are connected.

http://wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=8301601
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:45 am
I've known a couple of cases of partners leaving their loved ones in the bed where they died.

Don't think an attempted resurrection was involved in those two though.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 11:16 am
Some of you act like the only people in the world that commit insane acts are those you would call "religious". Many people claim they do things in the name of God. However, one only has to go to the Bible to find out if this is the case or not.

I didn't look at the clip. I don't need to. Perhaps the woman was so overcome with grief she was not able to make a clear decision?
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 11:18 am
After 2 months?

No. I think ( forgive me for saying this) that she was just a weak minded PERSON.
They are every where.. we all know wht I am talking about.

ANyone who would put aside COMMON SENSE , and VISUAL SENSE ( she was decaying for goodness sake!!) is much more disturbed and not only a product of a religion.
She needs help. In many ways.
0 Replies
 
Mame
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 12:48 pm
Well, from that article, I don't think it was resurrection they hoped for so much as the cheques, and therefore not crazy so much as criminal.
0 Replies
 
curtis73
 
  1  
Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:50 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Some of you act like the only people in the world that commit insane acts are those you would call "religious". Many people claim they do things in the name of God. However, one only has to go to the Bible to find out if this is the case or not.

I didn't look at the clip. I don't need to. Perhaps the woman was so overcome with grief she was not able to make a clear decision?


Either way, religion is a delusional belief in a set of contradictory notions. It doesn't matter if its the ritual of communion or letting your grandmother rot with the kids, its all because of a skewed faith in a god who's inaccurately portrayed by a politically-motivated publication.

It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.
0 Replies
 
mrhunt
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 02:38 am
Thank you curtis.
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:45 am
curtis73 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.


Can you explain what you mean by this?
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:50 am
Very Happy , Im wit you Teek.
0 Replies
 
curtis73
 
  0  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:10 am
Ticomaya wrote:
curtis73 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.


Can you explain what you mean by this?


Sure... although most religious people don't believe this truth.

The soul has a purpose on earth; to experience. I won't get into details, just know that it is to experience. The person and the soul are on a journey, and one of the main points of that journey is to know the soul... and I don't mean learn about your inner feelings, I mean to literally KNOW the soul and communicate with it. The whole point of your existence is to learn to communicate with your higher self; to re-member with your godly self.

Another thing is that all souls are one; part of a singular energy plane. Hurting one person hurts everyone in the same way. By hurting, I mean damaging to the soul or body. For instance, causing death is as damaging to the murderer's soul as it is the deceased's soul. That origin of damage affects the entire soul plane.

Religion (some more than others) teach the exact opposite of that. They teach individuality, removal from god and our souls, retribution, and repentance. By religion's standards we are all alone individuals striving to win the favor of a vengeful god. If we "sin" all we have to do jump through some symbolic hoops and we're clear. This is the single most caustic action one can do for the soul plane. You can't kill someone and then just say, "oops I messed up" and be done with it. You have to repair it on the soul level. We are taught that communion with the saints is a good thing, but communion with our soul is consorting with some mythical being named satan, or at the very least a mental illness.

Prayer is also a heavily caustic and damaging ritual. Our thoughts are creative. If you had but the faith of a mustard seed you could move mountains, right? That's true. Christianity has used that phrase to make its followers feel unworthy. "If I just had that mustard seed of faith, I could be so cool in the eyes of god, but I don't so I need to be a better Christian." That passage is SO true. The trinity of thought word and deed are INTENSELY creative. Do you think that these hurricanes and typhoons are god punishing us? They are the direct result of everyone's creative thoughts. Prayers go out saying, "I'm so afraid of a hurricane, please save us god." The energy you just sent out into the universe is fear which is equally powerful and opposite to love. Millions of prayers fearing hurricanes make a hurricane. You are using the faith in your mustard seed with a misplaced sponsoring thought. Don't fear it, have faith that your prayer can change it and it will. Then re-word your prayer so that it isn't begging for alleviation from fear, pray in thanks for your ability to choose it not to happen.

... Which also brings up a great paradox. If you met someone who moved a mountain with the faith of a mustard seed, you would call him a satanist for conjuring. You would fear him instead of applauding his ability.

The cycle of thought, word, and deed is the basis for experience; your soul's entire purpose on earth. Sometimes for the spiritually advanced it means literally moving a mountain. It starts small, though. Right now I'm hungry. My sponsoring thought is, "I should make something to eat." I form the words in my brain and physically speak them; "I'm going to make something to eat." Then I actually will get up and make a meal. I have created the reality of fixing my hunger by preparing and eating a meal. Now, contrast that with the less-effective sponsoring thought of "I'm hungry." Then you speak it. "I'm hungry, but there probably isn't anything to eat in the fridge." You have now created the reality of being hungry and your chances of fixing the problem have diminished greatly. You might eat, or eat poorly, or not be as happy about your task.

The religious would say, "I have to/want to do this to win god's favor." The spiritually enlightened would say, "god is happy, and I will do things so I can know him." Totally different sponsoring thoughts. The first creates the experience of having to or wanting to. The second sponsoring thought creates the experience of accomplishing it.

In this way, religion makes sour, unhappy people who are always at a deficit; which is right where they want you. I can preach at you all day and never make a dent because religion has done such a fantastic and complete job of locking you in to your beliefs that its hard to break free. Religious people have spent their lives chanting sponsoring thoughts, words, and deeds that have turned their lives into one big unbalanced, fear-driven mode. Religious people pray for hope and that's all they get; hope. Enlightened folks dictate their results and get them.

Religious people are constantly told that they are earthly and they have this trepidatious and tenuous connection with god if they humble themselves adequately. In truth, every single thing you think, say, and do is directly transmitted to the soul plane. Religion teaches you that you shouldn't "sin" but they still do. You think you're operating under the radar, but you aren't - you can't. You can't just apologize for it and think that the damage is undone.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  2  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:02 pm
curtis73 wrote:
....Do you think that these hurricanes and typhoons are god punishing us? They are the direct result of everyone's creative thoughts. Prayers go out saying, "I'm so afraid of a hurricane, please save us god." The energy you just sent out into the universe is fear which is equally powerful and opposite to love. Millions of prayers fearing hurricanes make a hurricane. You are using the faith in your mustard seed with a misplaced sponsoring thought. Don't fear it, have faith that your prayer can change it and it will. Then re-word your prayer so that it isn't begging for alleviation from fear, pray in thanks for your ability to choose it not to happen.


You seem to put an awful lot of stock in the "creation" being able to control things. You and others call those that believe "deluded" (if you haven't personally called anyone that, I apologize) but seem to think our energy sent out into the univserse.......etc. Shocked

The whole problem, as I see it, is people want to be as gods themselves. People don't seem to want to put faith or authority into the hands of anyone else. Satan's biggest lie I'd say, is you can become gods! Seems like a lot of people have bought into that lie.
0 Replies
 
Ragman
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:26 pm
Ever hear of global warming? Why should the recent increases in natural disasters have anything to do with some sort of mystical thing or being? Global warming is real..and it'll be getting worse as long as man keeps burning gasoline and petrol-based products in internal combustion engined vehicles.

Man keeps tearing up vegetation in the wrong places and not replanting. Those massive storms will cause erosions and floods and wipe out areas. Man's doing this stuff to himself...not any hoodoo voodoo in the sky.
0 Replies
 
fishin
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:50 pm
curtis73 wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
curtis73 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.


Can you explain what you mean by this?


Sure... although most religious people don't believe this truth.

The soul has a purpose on earth; to experience. I won't get into details, just know that it is to experience. The person and the soul are on a journey, and one of the main points of that journey is to know the soul... and I don't mean learn about your inner feelings, I mean to literally KNOW the soul and communicate with it. The whole point of your existence is to learn to communicate with your higher self; to re-member with your godly self.

Another thing is that all souls are one; part of a singular energy plane. Hurting one person hurts everyone in the same way. By hurting, I mean damaging to the soul or body. For instance, causing death is as damaging to the murderer's soul as it is the deceased's soul. That origin of damage affects the entire soul plane.

Religion (some more than others) teach the exact opposite of that. They teach individuality, removal from god and our souls, retribution, and repentance. By religion's standards we are all alone individuals striving to win the favor of a vengeful god. If we "sin" all we have to do jump through some symbolic hoops and we're clear. This is the single most caustic action one can do for the soul plane. You can't kill someone and then just say, "oops I messed up" and be done with it. You have to repair it on the soul level. We are taught that communion with the saints is a good thing, but communion with our soul is consorting with some mythical being named satan, or at the very least a mental illness.


You do realize that you just contradicted yourself here right?

All of your nonsense about "the soul" is religion so your claim that "Religion teaches the exact opposite of that." in effect, shoots down your opening garbage.

What you are arguing here is that your delusions are "better" than other people's delusions. There is no "soul".
0 Replies
 
curtis73
 
  0  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:59 pm
fishin wrote:


You do realize that you just contradicted yourself here right?

All of your nonsense about "the soul" is religion so your claim that "Religion teaches the exact opposite of that." in effect, shoots down your opening garbage.

What you are arguing here is that your delusions are "better" than other people's delusions. There is no "soul".


If you believe that speaking of the soul denotes religion, then we have no intellect in common. Speaking of the soul has nothing to do with organized religion.

I am prepared for very few of you to understand or believe what I know. That is why these discussions are here in the first place.

Arella: I certainly didn't expect you to understand, but trust me; your beliefs are just as crazy to me as mine are to you. Its just that yours are backed by years of people accepting the brainwashing that its become common. Mine are relatively new so people think they can't possibly be factual. We have agreed to disagree in the past with respect and that's all I'm doing here.

I find it so comical that people constantly accept certain parts of our belief structure when they constantly look in the mirror and repeat to themselves something like "I'm going to get this job" before an interview but then in discussion they call it voodoo and laugh. The same people who don't believe in Karma constantly say things like "I guess I deserve what I get for sinning." Society was nicely evolving for hundreds of years but the last decade has been pretty abyssmal.

Ergo, I used the word delusional. Just because you don't cognitively believe it doesn't mean its not true.


... And just so I get the hypocrisy correct, Arella... you believe in the completely abnormal miracles in the bible like the virgin birth, the origin of life being two people that magically became several people from different areas within one generation, the mustard-seed faith to move mountains, but if that mustard seed of faith were inadvertently used to create a hurricane, that's not possible? Who's ideas are crazier? What do you think the universe IS if not god itself. God told you in the bible that your faith can literally move mountains. Is it just mountains you can move? Not anything else? I don't understand the discrimination you have. You discount it all as hooey, but it could be just as simple as a different interpretation of the very texts you hold literally dear.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:35 pm
Curtis,you have always treated me with respect and I will always do the same with you.

I'm not sure what you mean by hypocrisy though. You SEEM (and I say seem because I may be reading it wrong) to think believers think it's ok to pray for hurricanes and such? If that is what you think you are wrong. We are not to pray for calamities on others. Surely I am misunderstanding something here?

Yes, your beliefs do sound pretty out there to me. But I won't call you delusional. There are some, yes, that I would say are delusional but those are ones that do stupid things like keep a body for two months!

There is no place in the Bible that says we are to rule out common sense. There is a fine balance for which we all should strive to achieve.
0 Replies
 
Wolf ODonnell
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 01:15 pm
curtis, I'd like to point out that your viewpoint, though not religious per se, is at least vaguely spiritual and hence is no better than religion. After all, religion is a form of spirituality, the difference being that religion is a bit more set with an official stance with which you can deviate from.

Take for example the following post from Arella Mae.

Arella Mae wrote:
Some of you act like the only people in the world that commit insane acts are those you would call "religious". Many people claim they do things in the name of God. However, one only has to go to the Bible to find out if this is the case or not.


Right there, Arella has invoked the official stance. The Bible.

Thing is, I'd like to point out to Arella that the people who do these insane acts usually use the Bible as justifaction for their insane acts. Take for example the man interviewed in Tony Robinson's documentary The Doomsday Code who believed that he had to give Israel a source of oil, in order to start the Apocalypse.

Where do you think he got this idea from?

The Bible. I forget exactly what part he quoted, but he did quote from the Bible and said it had to refer to some kind of source of crude oil.

In fact, many of the Rapture believers can't wait for the Rapture. It's something absolutely awful, yet they can't wait for it, because they latch onto the idea of God and Jesus coming down to make things right again. And it's all Biblically sanctioned, or least mentioned in the Bible. Nevermind the fact that Revelation is one of the most iffy canonical books in existence.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 02:07 pm
Very good point Wolfie. I have to give you that. Unfortunately, scripture can be twisted to pretty much justify anything. I've seen it happen. Christian chatrooms are notorious for hearing all sorts of "spins" on scripture.

I don't pretend to know it all. What I do know is no believer is supposed to hurt another one PERIOD. If whatever it is someone is contemplating doing is going to hurt someone in some way, then it's wrong and I'd say the scripture someone is using to justify the behavior has been twisted horribly.

Jesus made it pretty clear how we are to treat others. Shamefully, a lot of people put more emphasis on Peter's and Paul's words and Jesus' words kind of get left out there in space.
0 Replies
 
vikorr
 
  1  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 03:04 pm
What a fascinating post

Quote:
Either way, religion is a delusional belief in a set of contradictory notions. It doesn't matter if its the ritual of communion or letting your grandmother rot with the kids, its all because of a skewed faith in a god who's inaccurately portrayed by a politically-motivated publication.


So if it didn't have contradictions, and accurately portrayed god, then it would be okay?

Quote:
It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.


That seems a rather blanket remark? Do you truly think there not one aspect that helps spirituality?

Quote:
The person and the soul are on a journey, and one of the main points of that journey is to know the soul... and I don't mean learn about your inner feelings, I mean to literally KNOW the soul and communicate with it. The whole point of your existence is to learn to communicate with your higher self; to re-member with your godly self.


Put that way, I would disagree. The point of life is simply to be happy. Because we are human we will know joy, sadness, love, anger, pleasure, peace, pain etc - the range of human emotions that is our inheritance on this earth, and yet - the simple essence of life is to be happy.

Of course, that in itself requires that you get to know/understand yourself, and engage in some form of what is known as spirituality, but it also requires authentic /genuine /compassionate /centered /consistent /congruent (can't think of the correct word at the moment) action.

Quote:
Another thing is that all souls are one; part of a singular energy plane. Hurting one person hurts everyone in the same way. By hurting, I mean damaging to the soul or body. For instance, causing death is as damaging to the murderer's soul as it is the deceased's soul. That origin of damage affects the entire soul plane.


The last two quotes would seem pure religion - unless you have an actual way of touching and experiencing every soul? And of seeing the effects of actions on each other living person?

Quote:
I find it so comical that people constantly accept certain parts of our belief structure when they constantly look in the mirror and repeat to themselves something like "I'm going to get this job" before an interview but then in discussion they call it voodoo and laugh. The same people who don't believe in Karma constantly say things like "I guess I deserve what I get for sinning."


That part is comical, I'll agree. Just as are people who don't believe in spirituality yet say "Get into the team spirit", "I could feel him staring daggers at the back of my head", "It was almost like a sixth sense", "you can see the life in his/her eyes", and those that know of twins who know when the other dies (like how?) or very close couples who know when the other dies (like how?), or see mob mentality and not wonder why it happens, or why when faced with great emotion we too are moved by itÂ…of course for some of these there are physiological contributions, and mental contributionsÂ…but for others, there's no other explanation other than a spiritual one, and people who don't believe in spirituality plain ignore what doesn't fit their beliefs.

Christianity does seem to think that all spirituality comes from God (if you don't define God then there is no problem with the concept, but Christianity does define God), and thereby ignores what's in front of their faces - and the greater depth of spirituality that exists, and the richer possibilities for human existence on this planet.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » So.......they can ressurect people now? WTF.
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/26/2022 at 08:34:05