So.......they can ressurect people now? WTF.

curtis73

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 03:55 pm
Chai wrote:

there you go vikkor, proof positive.

basically, she just wanted to fill up space.

Geez, Chai. You're driving me to defend Arella. Don't make me do it. Smile

So, we did it again. We have a thread about a dead grandmother, and the Christians, pagans, agnostics, atheists, and spiritualists have made it into another debate over the semantics of god.

Yay us.

PS.. Barak Obama all the way :wink:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t264/curtis73/hillarycunt.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 04:16 pm
Ok Curtis, I don't care much for Hillary either but that was sooooo unnecessary! Shocked
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 04:37 pm
Quote:
Why is saying this in the context of a religious matter any different?

Chai, it is an attack because there are other ways to express disagreement that don't require the use of a negative label against a person.

-ie. you can express disagreement/disappointment without negatively labelling someone.

Once all self/deceptions are removed regarding the 'necessity' of negatively labelling a person, for which no necessity exists, all that is left is an intent by the labeller to lessen the other persons viewpoint/belief - not through reasoned argument against the viewpoint/belief itself, but through the attachment of a negative label to the actual person, which becomes and is a personal attack (often argued by the attacking person as 'just telling the truth').
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 06:09 pm
Thank you Professor Etiquette.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:02 pm
You did insist on arguing that you weren't attacking. The forums are much more fun and productive when we don't. Very Happy
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 05:38 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Ok Curtis, I don't care much for Hillary either but that was sooooo unnecessary! Shocked

That was an Associated Press photo taken at a "your vote counts" rally. She just happened to step in front of the "O".
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 10:11 am
curtis73 wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
curtis73 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the act is, everything done in the interest of christian faith is intensely caustic to the fabric of humanity on the spiritual level.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Sure... although most religious people don't believe this truth.

The soul has a purpose on earth; to experience. I won't get into details, just know that it is to experience. The person and the soul are on a journey, and one of the main points of that journey is to know the soul... and I don't mean learn about your inner feelings, I mean to literally KNOW the soul and communicate with it. The whole point of your existence is to learn to communicate with your higher self; to re-member with your godly self.

Another thing is that all souls are one; part of a singular energy plane. Hurting one person hurts everyone in the same way. By hurting, I mean damaging to the soul or body. For instance, causing death is as damaging to the murderer's soul as it is the deceased's soul. That origin of damage affects the entire soul plane.

Religion (some more than others) teach the exact opposite of that. They teach individuality, removal from god and our souls, retribution, and repentance. By religion's standards we are all alone individuals striving to win the favor of a vengeful god. If we "sin" all we have to do jump through some symbolic hoops and we're clear. This is the single most caustic action one can do for the soul plane. You can't kill someone and then just say, "oops I messed up" and be done with it. You have to repair it on the soul level. We are taught that communion with the saints is a good thing, but communion with our soul is consorting with some mythical being named satan, or at the very least a mental illness.

Prayer is also a heavily caustic and damaging ritual. Our thoughts are creative. If you had but the faith of a mustard seed you could move mountains, right? That's true. Christianity has used that phrase to make its followers feel unworthy. "If I just had that mustard seed of faith, I could be so cool in the eyes of god, but I don't so I need to be a better Christian." That passage is SO true. The trinity of thought word and deed are INTENSELY creative. Do you think that these hurricanes and typhoons are god punishing us? They are the direct result of everyone's creative thoughts. Prayers go out saying, "I'm so afraid of a hurricane, please save us god." The energy you just sent out into the universe is fear which is equally powerful and opposite to love. Millions of prayers fearing hurricanes make a hurricane. You are using the faith in your mustard seed with a misplaced sponsoring thought. Don't fear it, have faith that your prayer can change it and it will. Then re-word your prayer so that it isn't begging for alleviation from fear, pray in thanks for your ability to choose it not to happen.

... Which also brings up a great paradox. If you met someone who moved a mountain with the faith of a mustard seed, you would call him a satanist for conjuring. You would fear him instead of applauding his ability.

The cycle of thought, word, and deed is the basis for experience; your soul's entire purpose on earth. Sometimes for the spiritually advanced it means literally moving a mountain. It starts small, though. Right now I'm hungry. My sponsoring thought is, "I should make something to eat." I form the words in my brain and physically speak them; "I'm going to make something to eat." Then I actually will get up and make a meal. I have created the reality of fixing my hunger by preparing and eating a meal. Now, contrast that with the less-effective sponsoring thought of "I'm hungry." Then you speak it. "I'm hungry, but there probably isn't anything to eat in the fridge." You have now created the reality of being hungry and your chances of fixing the problem have diminished greatly. You might eat, or eat poorly, or not be as happy about your task.

The religious would say, "I have to/want to do this to win god's favor." The spiritually enlightened would say, "god is happy, and I will do things so I can know him." Totally different sponsoring thoughts. The first creates the experience of having to or wanting to. The second sponsoring thought creates the experience of accomplishing it.

In this way, religion makes sour, unhappy people who are always at a deficit; which is right where they want you. I can preach at you all day and never make a dent because religion has done such a fantastic and complete job of locking you in to your beliefs that its hard to break free. Religious people have spent their lives chanting sponsoring thoughts, words, and deeds that have turned their lives into one big unbalanced, fear-driven mode. Religious people pray for hope and that's all they get; hope. Enlightened folks dictate their results and get them.

Religious people are constantly told that they are earthly and they have this trepidatious and tenuous connection with god if they humble themselves adequately. In truth, every single thing you think, say, and do is directly transmitted to the soul plane. Religion teaches you that you shouldn't "sin" but they still do. You think you're operating under the radar, but you aren't - you can't. You can't just apologize for it and think that the damage is undone.
Drivel
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 10:16 am
curtis73 wrote:
. . . I am prepared for very few of you to understand or believe what I know. . . ..
I know you think you understand what you believe I wrote, but I wonder if you realize that those words are not what I meant.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 12:45 pm
In case you guys haven't heard...

There is a case before the courts wherein two parents stand charged of negligent homicide of their daughter because while she was dying of type-I diabetes, the parents elected to pray for her cure rather than consult a physician. Several days this child was very ill but the parents had faith in their god. Fluids and some insulin would have saved this girl's life.

Apparently the mother still thinks the girl will be resurrected.

http://www.propeller.com/viewstory/2008/03/26/girl-dies-from-diabetes-after-parents-pray-for-healing/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwcco.com%2Flocal%2Fpraying.parents.arrested.2.684930.html&frame=true

and

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/683587/parents_pray_as_daughter_dies_of_treatable.html
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:21 am
Nowhere in the Bible, that I know of, does it say we ccannot seek treatment from physicians. Luke was a physician.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 09:18 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Nowhere in the Bible, that I know of, does it say we ccannot seek treatment from physicians. Luke was a physician.

True, but the stand being taken by these fundamentalists is often that medicine requires science which is an afront to god. They believe that if they place enough faith in god through jesus (or mother mary, or their priest, bishop, cardinal, pope, preacher, whatever) that they don't need medicine to cure their heart attack or severed leg.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 05:53 am
I also don't know of anywhere in the Bible it says to throw common sense totally out of your life and in the case of not seeking treatment for ailments, I'm afraid that is what many do.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 01:25 am
Laughing

I think we're all a little guilty of forgetting common sense from time to time Smile
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 01:28 am
Quote:
They believe that if they place enough faith in god through jesus (or mother mary, or their priest, bishop, cardinal, pope, preacher, whatever) that they don't need medicine to cure their heart attack or severed leg.

That's true enough.

So long as you don't expect your odds of recovery to be any greater than the norm.
0 Replies