Laughing Yes He sure does. He loves you too! Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:57 pm
More crap!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:59 pm
I guess you shouldn't post such things as "Jesus loves you, " Ragman. It seems to upset Francis. Razz
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:01 pm
but he's right..it's crap
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 05:24 pm
If you think it is crap then perhaps you shouldn't be saying it to people? Yes, I completely realize you were being sarcastic. So am I. Razz
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 09:12 pm
hahahh ehehehe hahah heheh lo lololol

Funny ****.

Im not mad, in fact im not even really sure what your arguing point is. Or even how to argue back at you. I was simply stating my point of view from a step back from the big picture. Simple throwing out some proven facts and knowledge and seeing what others opinions are on the matter. Im not trying to change the believers mind and all of that non sense. im just saying look at it from a factual statistical point of view, trying standing in the non believers and athiests shoes and look at religion and god and heaven and hell. I have looked at all of that from a religious view, i have been to church plenty of times. I have read from the bible, I even attended bible school for two months one summer when i was a kid. I gave it a try, i made up my mind, but i was open minded to both points of view and both sides of the argument. All im asking of you is to do the same and look at things from our point of view, and not respond with a you hurt my feelings your mean stop being a jerk and getting so mad at me post. We arent mad, of offended or being mean, your not understanding what it is we are truly saying and asking of you. After all this is a forum, and we are all here to agree and disagree. Deal with it
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:37 am
A whole two months for one summer? Wow. Shocked It's taken me years and years of studying the Bible and I still have questions, etc. Laughing

There are plenty of believers and non-believers on these forums that have extensive knowledge of the Bible. I have learned quite a bit from many of them.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 04:24 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
If you feel about religion as you do, why do you even bother with this particular forum? It honestly makes no sense to me.

Why not? Religion is the n.1 source or misery and bloodshed in the world, it deserves to be heavily criticized and most of all policed, it had its free reign of terror throughout the world for far far too long.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 04:45 pm
Policed? And just who is going to decide how that is done? So, in essence, you are saying that these rights should be taken away from people? I am asking if that is what you are saying, not assuming.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 06:35 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Policed? And just who is going to decide how that is done? So, in essence, you are saying that these rights should be taken away from people? I am asking if that is what you are saying, not assuming.

No, I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want, but also that no one has the right to force their beliefs onto others, theres plenty of religious cults, don't think i have ever heard of an atheist or agnostic one.

Answer me this, instead of studying the bible, why not look at its history from a neutral perspective, look at who compiled it (While in his "Robe of jewels"), when it was compiled, similarities to sun god worship, missing parts from early copies, jesus' real name, gods real name (and the amount of them there is), who paul actually is, evidence of jesus having existed at all (outside the bible), etc etc, might open your mind abit and help you understand why there is so many people who doubt/disbelieve in the contents of the little black book.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 07:22 pm
What makes you think I haven't done that? I haven't only read the Bible.

I am curious about something BDV. Exactly what do you consider forcing one's beliefs? Personally, I don't believe we are supposed to force our beliefs on anyone. I'd have to find the scripture but the Bible tells us that if someone does not want to hear about the Word of God then we are to stop talking to a person about it. That is a complete paraphrase.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 12:30 am
It wasn't meant as a personal comment, but forcing beliefs is what cults get up too, brain washing kids etc etc
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 04:40 am
BDV wrote:
. . . Religion is the n.1 source or misery and bloodshed in the world, it deserves to be heavily criticized and most of all policed, it had its free reign of terror throughout the world for far far too long.
You are quite right. However, the excesses of the priesthoods are not God's fault.

The judgment of the world's religions is foretold in Chapter 17 and 18 of the Bible book of Revelation.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 07:37 am
BDV wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

No, I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want, but also that no one has the right to force their beliefs onto others, theres plenty of religious cults, don't think i have ever heard of an atheist or agnostic one.

Answer me this, instead of studying the bible, why not look at its history from a neutral perspective, look at who compiled it (While in his "Robe of jewels"), when it was compiled, similarities to sun god worship, missing parts from early copies, jesus' real name, gods real name (and the amount of them there is), who paul actually is, evidence of jesus having existed at all (outside the bible), etc etc, might open your mind abit and help you understand why there is so many people who doubt/disbelieve in the contents of the little black book.

Do you imagine yourself to have a 'neutral perspective', BDV?
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 12:04 pm
thats a very interesting question, and i would have to say yes and no, worshipping a book is in my view is just outright wrong, yes there maybe some kind and wise words held within, but we do not know the authors or their personal agendas, they are no more viable than the numerous other stories not held within its covers that got rejected. The mastermind for the book was a sun god worshipper until his death bed, yet the book is treated as fact!!! only an idiot would take such a stance.

Life is simple, be good, be helpful and do not commit acts against your fellow man which are wrong within your known wisdom. Forgivness and punishment all happen from within and kissing an alters rail and saying several hail whatevers will not remove or create an aura of forgiveness, people who commit known evil acts have essentially destroyed themselves, and only stiving to redeem yourself by balancing the evil acts with good will bring any sort of contentment.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:23 am
Who worships th3e book? I worship God.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:58 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

Christianity, islam and judaism are the religions of the book, and they all treat what is written within, no matter who the author is, as the word of god himself
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:20 pm
Well, I cannot argue that point with you because that is what I believe. It's true God did not write the Bible but I do believe the Bible was God-breathed and God-inspired.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:56 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Well, I cannot argue that point with you because that is what I believe. It's true God did not write the Bible but I do believe the Bible was God-breathed and God-inspired.

and that is your downfall
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 07:18 pm
BDV wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

Christianity, islam and judaism are the religions of the book, and they all treat what is written within, no matter who the author is, as the word of god himself
Surely your hand must ache from painting with such a huge brush.
0 Replies