If Jesus......

BDV

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 06:40 pm
.........came to the good old USA today, how long would he last? I believe he would last about 3 seconds before he gets arrested and deported back to the middle east for having outrageous anti-government and anti-establishment ideas. (Of course after being tortured and interned for several years in cuba without trial or evidence.), but it would still take 400 years before someone to compile a book on his deeds which by then would become magical and mysterious, instead of flying in on a chartered flight he will fly in on his magic cross and then save everyone in his prison block. God knows what would happen if he or a reborn mohammed (Be)headed to Iran to spread their word....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,728 • Replies: 61
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 06:49 pm
...or perhaps he'd be shot for partisan in Northern Ireland?
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:47 pm
nope we would be too drunk to notice him, and anyway theres a peace process, so no more shooting, we would probably stone him to death, like in the good old days Smile

Ragman wrote:
...or perhaps he'd be shot for partisan in Northern Ireland?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 08:21 pm
^5 ..for the light-hearted humor
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 11:18 am
The Bible tells you what WILL happen when Jesus comes again. No need to speculate. :wink:
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 12:59 pm
Yes it does, thats right, how did i miss that over these years, i feel enlightened, must go protest against something now as the power of the lord has just filled me with ignorant, self centered, gibberish and the ability to make a sentence sound any way i want it too. Oh! Sorry did abit of sarcasm sneaked in there.. me bad

Arella Mae wrote:
The Bible tells you what WILL happen when Jesus comes again. No need to speculate. :wink:
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 01:26 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 02:01 pm
You can't believe what crap is around, can you? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:03 pm
Geesh! No need to become snippy is there? You have your beliefs and I have mind. It's called life and freedom of speech, etc.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:16 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
..and I have mind.

Do you? Really?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:21 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Geesh! No need to become snippy is there? You have your beliefs and I have mind. It's called life and freedom of speech, etc.

You'll get lots of snippy comments when you come on A2K and attempt to evangelize. Some people don't buy into religion. Do you recognize there are Muslims, Jews, non-Christians...atheists and agnostics amongst other thinking caring people? Don't stick your beliefs in our faces and wonder why you get snippy comments back.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:11 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

I do believe it was you who presented the bible as "FACT", if its so factual then plz present this to us, and why do christians all drivel on about "freedom of speech" when there is in fact no such thing, you may only speak when the government finds your thoughts unoffensive... which i may add would be quite alot if you happen to be from a middle-east country, why not use your freedom of speach to help your fellow book worshipper find their feet.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:43 pm
Oh I see. I should not come to a Spirituality and Religion forum and expect to say what I believe and why? Seems to me, if someone has a problem with others talking about God, perhaps they should re-evalute the reason they visit this particular forum?

I don't see any reason why we can't discuss religion and spirituality without getting snippy at each other. We are, afterall, all adults.

I made one simple comment about the Bible says what will happen when Jesus comes back and yes, the Bible tells that, whether you believe what it says or not, or can understand it fully or not, it does state what is going to happen.

One simple statement and then I'm shoving this in your face and evangelizing? C'mon! It's merely a discussion! I even used the :wink: ! Laughing

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:02 pm
What was snippy, the rolling eyeballs? You call that snippy? You're pretty sensitive.

Or was it Francis' comment about crap? Well, to those of us who don't believe in the Bible etc, it IS crap.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:12 pm
Mame..exactly right. Right on.

and..it's crap that has caused more wars and human strife than any other thing in man's history.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:42 pm
It may be crap to you but it is not to me. I have enough respect for you as a human being to not make derogatory remarks to you. I was brought up to respect others and treat them with respect whether I felt they deserved it or not.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 09:26 pm
I never made derogatory remarks about you or attacked you. What I did do was disagree with your beliefs and express my opinion about religion. Try to go back, open your mind and read what I wrote - not what you think I wrote. You seem rather sensitive, especially for someone who wants to debate religion and philosophy.

Once more..I'll say it again. Religion is crap and its killed more people than plagues or disease ever did!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:09 am
Ragman,

Calling my beliefs crap is, at least to me, a derogatory remark. Religion doesn't kill. People kill in the name of religion, which is wrong. Just as you cannot blame every single German for what Hitler did you cannot blame every single believer for what others have done or do in the name of God.

I know many atrocities have been committed in the name of God, under the guise of many different religions. And I honestly cannot blame people for some of the views they may hold because of these things, but those views need to be held to the person that comitted them and not religion as a whole. I think it's important, that when dealing with a person in a discussion, you deal with that person and their behavior, and not what others have done and your views because of that. Lots of atheists have committed atrocities also but I cannot go around and say all atheists are the same, etc., because that is not right.

Jesus didn't tell us to go around killing people in his name. He told us to love one another. Unfortunately, human beings stretch, often to extreme limits, what was originally taught.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:23 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Calling my beliefs crap is, at least to me, a derogatory remark. Religion doesn't kill.

You don't know what else you can make up to back your beliefs.

As such, your beliefs are crap.

Religion DOES kill.

You cited the bible, in which you believe.

Can't you see it's full of revengeful comments, full of hatred?

All your crap above is intended to evangilize..
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 05:58 am
I beleive in the fact that humans for the rest of our existance will continue to fill their heads with thoughts and beleifs of floating, imaginary utopian societies up in the sky, where in stead of being physically burried in the ground when the die rise into the heavens with billions of other people from the past where time, physics, Math, reason, mass, weight, evolution, gravity and every other thing our entire lives are built around and the way we govern our societies and life as we know it is thrown out the window. Tons and tons of different groups of people will continue to beleive in this bed time story fairy tale land and will argue with not a singal bit of real factual evidence, and will point facts simply by stating an exact question on how can you prove,"that" guy didnt see a bright light and the gates when he passed out, or was dead for 2 min and brought back to life. Thats there defense, thats there faith, thats there facts. Dont even let it get to you man. We all know there are too many wacked out mentally ill people in this world who will just make up pretty much any story and stick to it with there life, and there are always tons of weak minded individuals who cant deal with the realness of life and how things really are that will follow suit and argue against your factual information with statements made by a half mental handicap that simply wants some attention. The fact is that more people have been killed, or died in wars, and more money has been lost and made throught fear driven religous beleifs than any other thing in the history of our existance. It is truly the downfall of our existance.

I rest my case
0 Replies