If Jesus......

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:59 am
Oh good grief! Stop blaming religion on what people do! Blame the people that do it. Yes, people have killed in the name of God. IT'S WRONG! Some of you act like every single person that has some kind of religious belief is a murderous lunatic, which is not true and you know it. I'd say Mother Teresa was completely opposite. So, what is wrong with her beliefs?

Should I go around blaming every atheist that goes on a spree kill that they did it because they don't believe in God? NO! I blame it on that person for not making the right decisions and correcting whatever the heck his/her problem was. I don't blame it on atheism.

Francis, no one is evangelizing to you or anyone else. And, honestly, with as much as you seem to abhor "religion" of any kind, why do you post on a forum where you know that is what will be discussed? It doesn't seem logical to me.

I am not going to argue with any of you. I have my point of view and you have yours. They don't agree. I can agree to disagree and go on.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:12 am
If you read my post close enough you would find that i did blame religious problems on messed up crazy people. They are the ones driving it. Yes there are alot of sane people that live normal lives and beleive in religion. To me in my opinion they are somewhat crazy and dumb to beleive in such a thing, that has caused normal sane accountable people in to damn near mental deffectives. I know so because my grandmother a once logical normal awesome fun person to be around lost her husband, my Grandfather 2 years ago. Started going to church and went more and more and got deeper and deeper into, and the church has literally brain washed her into this person i cant even call my grandmother any more. Everything is jesus this and that and you should act this way and do as the bible says. She has told some of her best friends to "FuckOFF" because they had different religious beliefs. She may have lost her mind some too but its people like her who are hurt and down that church members and religious freaks take advantage of and brain wash in order to have a following. My grandmother has spent more time and given more money to churches than i would ever like to know. Im not saying that all places are like this but it seems to be an across the board general happening. Its wrong
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:29 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Oh good grief! Stop blaming religion on what people do! Blame the people that do it. Yes, people have killed in the name of God. IT'S WRONG! Some of you act like every single person that has some kind of religious belief is a murderous lunatic, which is not true and you know it. I'd say Mother Teresa was completely opposite. So, what is wrong with her beliefs?

Should I go around blaming every atheist that goes on a spree kill that they did it because they don't believe in God? NO! I blame it on that person for not making the right decisions and correcting whatever the heck his/her problem was. I don't blame it on atheism.

Francis, no one is evangelizing to you or anyone else. And, honestly, with as much as you seem to abhor "religion" of any kind, why do you post on a forum where you know that is what will be discussed? It doesn't seem logical to me.

I am not going to argue with any of you. I have my point of view and you have yours. They don't agree. I can agree to disagree and go on.

I don't want to argue with you, either. With two such polarized views, neither of us will convince the other.

What I object to is your flatly stated opinion coming across as the Truth. It is only Truth to people who believe in the Bible... the Bible says so, therefore it must be true. Don't you know you can't believe everything you read? You don't think it's slightly subjective? That there was a manipulative purpose to it?
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:40 am
Very good points. I am not even stating that it truly doesnt exist. because i cant prove that it doesnt. But these people cant argue to me that it doesnt exist due to that fact, "that i cant prove it doesnt exist". As evolved problem solving sophistocated human beings is there any other thing/topic in the world that we go about solving or determining by stating that well, You cant prove that it doesnt exist so it must exist. I am a man of facts and information. Science. I am simply stating, "FACTS" surrounding this topic that we do for sure know as human beings, to argue your point come up with factual evidence and information to come back at me with, as a human being would do in any other circumstance in the world today.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 10:43 am
Basically i guess im saying you cant force and shouldnt argue to other what you , " beleive" in when it is all just your faith in an unknown realness or existance. If i have faith that the boogy man truly exists and that he lives in your closet and comes out at night do i have grounds by which to argue with you that he truly exists?? And if i really wanted to i could gather a group of probably 1 thousand people over a year period who beleive strongly in my ideas about the boogy man existing when in factual evidence he doesnt and i simply made it all up
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 11:41 am
All I said was the Bible says what will happen! Isn't that true? Doesn't the Bible tell us what will happen in the end times? Did I lie? Where did I say, "and I understand it 100% and agree with it 100% and so should you?" I didn't say any of that. All of this over a short statement with a :wink:? I could just as well have said the Qu'ran says what will happen in end times too and I highly doubt any of you would have said a thing about it because you know I don't believe in Islam, but it wouldn't change the fact whether or not the Qu'ran says how the world will end.

There are churches and preachers out there that do what they do for the wrong reason, no doubt. It's up to us as individuals to be sure we don't get involved in the wrong kind of thing. There is plenty of fault to go around for sure. No one can make you something you aren't unless you allow them to do it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 11:47 am
Once again, and please pay attention:

Mame wrote:

What I object to is your flatly stated opinion coming across as the Truth. It is only Truth to people who believe in the Bible... the Bible says so, therefore it must be true. Don't you know you can't believe everything you read? You don't think it's slightly subjective? That there was a manipulative purpose to it?

Whether it be the Bible, the Koran, the Talmud or the funny papers, you made a statement which I disagreed with. It is not The Truth, it is simply Your Truth. That's why I was rolling my eyes.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 11:53 am
Mame: It's a total waste of time to debate logically with a religious zealot. Somehow, I find that I fall into attempting it and am reminded of the saying about teaching a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it only annoys the pig.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 12:02 pm
You're right, Ragman, I give up.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 01:00 pm
I thought we were having a decent conversation but it seems you (Mame and Ragman) don't seem to think so.

So guess I don't have anymore to say.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 07:56 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
I thought we were having a decent conversation but it seems you (Mame and Ragman) don't seem to think so.

So guess I don't have anymore to say.

i think that was obvious from the beginning..... anyway i had a vision last night, a smelly hippie came to me and said "start a religion (based on some other older religions and just add me (the one who you have never met in real life)), then make loads of money and become popular, write a story about a doomed future, (just like evey religion that ever existed has done), make sure that all original copies are destroyed for at least 400 years afterwards, write it in a language that i don't speak, nor a language that any of my "REAL" followers spoke and just present it as fact, no need for evidence, as faith (The act of believing without prooving) is as much proof as anyone will ever need.

Who needs proof? haven't you got an english translated original bible? obviously with no errors, a direct copy of the book he wrote himself (What!!! he didn't???) not even the slightest change from the original. Jesus must of had a good grip of english in his day, (oh thats right, its his true language, is it not?)... is the name jesus not latin? no worries, who are we to question the truth the bible holds, its sooooooo right.

Hellllllo christian person try reading what people say before replying, skipping straight to the bottom without looking at the comment is darns right un-christian of you.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:47 pm
Haha you said that right. . fuckin religious people man, they really are all crazy and blind to the truth. And most importantly closed ton any other positions on the matter and any one elses opinions.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:44 am
I went back over and read this thread. It started out with a somewhat sarcastic and seemingly someone trying to be humorous post. A few others threw in a few quips after that.

Then I make a statement about what the Bible says and tried to be humorous about it and look what happened. Personally, I think the whole thing is silly, including my involvment in it.

I do have a serious question for anyone that would care to answer it. If you feel about religion as you do, why do you even bother with this particular forum? It honestly makes no sense to me.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:57 am
It has ALREADY been explained before...a few times..on this thread and on others.

People on A2K can and do comment wherever and whenever they see fit. Do you want all to be agreement with you? It doesn't work that way.
It seems clear to me that you can't or won't understand that some people have different opinions on spirituality and religion from you about what constitutes religion and just what religion means to them. Atheists and agnostics have their own brand of beliefs..as do Muslims...and non-Christians. It's all valid...and dissenters opinions are just as valid...but you don't see it that way.

So, it seems that you want dissenters to be gone..apparently!

One of the main purposes of A2K..is to share opinions..facts, and express oneself. Sometimes that discussion can be abrasive. You seem unable to tolerate someone discussing and arguing about it, as unfortunate as that is for you.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:03 pm
I post sometimes on religion threads in order not to let the zealots occupy all the field.

They are dangerous for humankind.

I like them eating their crap...

As AM pretending to be logical.

What a BS! If she was, she would not be citing a vengeful book with plenty incoherences..
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:07 pm
Evangelists often pretend to be participating in religious online debates when the real purpose of them being here is only to evangelize and promote their beliefs and dogmatic interpretation of their bible.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:28 pm
Ragman wrote:
It has ALREADY been explained before...a few times..on this thread and on others.

People on A2K can and do comment wherever and whenever they see fit. Do you want all to be agreement with you? It doesn't work that way.
It seems clear to me that you can't or won't understand that some people have different opinions on spirituality and religion from you about what constitutes religion and just what religion means to them. Atheists and agnostics have their own brand of beliefs..as do Muslims...and non-Christians. It's all valid...and dissenters opinions are just as valid...but you don't see it that way.

So, it seems that you want dissenters to be gone..apparently!

One of the main purposes of A2K..is to share opinions..facts, and express oneself. Sometimes that discussion can be abrasive. You seem unable to tolerate someone discussing and arguing about it, as unfortunate as that is for you.

You are totally misunderstanding my meaning here. I know there are many beliefs and many non-beliefs. That's the way life is and I don't have a problem with that at all.

I asked that question because it seems the subject actually upsets some people to the point that they get angry and frustrated. I don't understand why anyone would actually want to involve themselves in strife like that.

I mean no disrespect to any of you. I don't get upset because people don't agree with me and I don't get upset if I don't agree with them. It's the manner of the disagreement I don't understand.

There are some wonderful people here on A2K that are very compassionate and when someone is in need they are right there with encouragement and support. But, then all of a sudden they seem to become a different person when discussing religion. It is very perplexing to me.

I did not mean why don't you all leave if you don't like religion. I was honestly asking why do you come here if you don't.

Francis, thank you for your answer. I appreciate the honesty.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:31 pm
Quite clearly you didn't read or didn't grasp what I wrote. Rolling Eyes

Have a nice day!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:44 pm
I give up!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 12:45 pm