Base Ball Sucks

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:31 am
Base ball sucks, first off there isnt enough action, its like watching golf, ya its a game of precision throwing and hitting the ball, but theres too much standing around. Base ball fans say that well basketball is just dumb, back and forth back and forth and only the last minute matters when somebody shoots to win. This only happens when both teams play equaly well to stay in the game with eachother, and in that case wouldnt it be much more fun to watch, a close neck and neck finish. Basketball is constant action and creativity. Who would rather watch a man wait on a base for another guy to throw a ball at him, than Vince Carter Jumping over a 7 foot 3 inch man from germany and stuffing the ball down the hoop like the guy killed his family or something. Every time down the court there is a cool play, amazing shot or pass or dunk. Its constant action and fun. No one can sit here and say that sitting watching a base ball game go 14 innings and 7 hours of standing around than a neck and neck play off game between the two bests teams in the league to win the championship, you cant argue with that!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,431 • Replies: 34
No top replies

mismi

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:35 am
Wouldn't argue about the excitement in that scenario at all.
BUt.....Baseball is very good...lovely game. Different rhythm that's all. It is a mathematical and magic game...lots of fun while you are watching.

Basketball is good too...just different.
I bet you are a adrenalin junky aren't you? :wink:
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:40 am
Yes i am, you hit it on the spot. I have respect for base ball, and all things sports, and specially other people hobies, likes/disklikes. I just dont agree that baseball is a more exciting thrilling game to watch than basketball or football. I like your post, it is a different pace, and fun to watch if your into it. Everyone has different things they love. But like i said on a scale of thrill and excitment level basketball takes the cake, and the ice cream. : )
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:48 am
I actually I find basketball boring as the scoring is so high - one basket is not exciting. The ball turns over so much, it is back and forth and back and forth.

Now a home run or even a good hit in baseball is exciting as they don't occur so frequently.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:05 am
There you go, I said people like you would say its just back and forth and back and forth.

And you kind of shot yourself in the foot with the point that a home run doesnt happen very often and that its exciting...

Therefor nothing exciting barely ever happens, its a game of time and patience. . . not of thrill and high intensity.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:15 am
I like basketball more as a TV sport, but as for going to see a game live, baseball is a blast. You're outside, you're relaxing with a beer and a hotdog, the summer breezes are caressing your skin (most of the time), and every once in a while something exciting happens and you jump up and down and cheer. It's less exciting than basketball, but it is still a really good time. Just different. Like mismi said.

Wait a minute. Mismi posted something in the SPORTS forum!? Shocked Mismi, you are really spreading your wings! I'm so proud of you. Before you know it, we'll have you posting in the political threads!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:16 am
I would add that baseball is a game of many strategies, particularly National League baseball, involving a variety of role players. To an extent, baketball has this--a traditional offense will feature a star center you're trying to get the ball too, a point guard to set up plays and shoot from the outside, a power forward to take it to the hole--but in baseball you have your speedy leadoff hitter, power-hitting cleanup guy, starting picther, middle-relief, closer; you have guys with big arms gunning out speedy leadoff hitters at the plate. To boot, baseball is far more statistics-oriented. A manager must consider which left-handed batters hit better against rightites, for example. There are times when you must pinch-hit a pitcher who has trained to be adept at laying down a sacrifice bunt, etc, etc.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:17 am
kickycan wrote:
I like basketball more as a TV sport, but as for going to see a game live, baseball is a blast. You're outside, you're relaxing with a beer and a hotdog, the summer breezes are caressing your skin (most of the time), and every once in a while something exciting happens and you jump up and down and cheer. It's less exciting than basketball, but it is still a really good time. Just different. Like mismi said.

Wait a minute. Mismi posted something in the SPORTS forum!? Shocked Mismi, you are really spreading your wings! I'm so proud of you. Before you know it, we'll have you posting in the political threads!

hell no Razz
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:26 am
This is true... i simply have never liked baseball because i am more of the adrenaline junkie type, i drive fast cars and ride fast dirt bikes and ski and wake board and jump off of bridges. Baseball can be alot of fun, an outting with friends to get drunk, eat food, and cheer for a game you know nothing about and could care less about. I think all you need is a little bit of money down on a team or sport and you become more into a game you dont like than a game you love with no money into lol

Kind of like horse racing, who would watch that if they couldnt go there to see if all the money they bet got them anything?? !! lol
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:31 am
Johnmg wrote:
This is true... i simply have never liked baseball because i am more of the adrenaline junkie type, i drive fast cars and ride fast dirt bikes and ski and wake board and jump off of bridges. Baseball can be alot of fun, an outting with friends to get drunk, eat food, and cheer for a game you know nothing about and could care less about. I think all you need is a little bit of money down on a team or sport and you become more into a game you dont like than a game you love with no money into lol

Kind of like horse racing, who would watch that if they couldnt go there to see if all the money they bet got them anything?? !! lol

Well, admitting that you could care less about any team is a pretty significant caveat, don't you think? I love baseball because I love the Milwaukee Brewers , shitty as they are. I grew up watching them with my Dad and all that other American Apple pie ****.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:34 am
Horse racing. Heh.

I went to Belmont once and this fat old cigar-chomping guy was picking horses as they were being trotted out before the races. I said to him, "How do you pick a good horse? He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "You know how to pick a good broad? It's the same thing. If you can pick a good broad, you can pick a good horse."

That was one of the most sage pieces of advice I've ever gotten. Since I'm in my forties now and still single, I guess I can't pick a good broad, and that's why I don't go to the race track.

Horse racing. Heh.

Sorry for the diversion. Carry on.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:35 am
kickycan wrote:

Kicky, you've nailed it. If you want to enjoy a hot dog and a few beers without interruption, baseball is definately your game.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:36 am
kickycan wrote:
Horse racing. Heh.

I went to Belmont once and this fat old cigar-chomping guy was picking horses as they were being trotted out before the races. I said to him, "How do you pick a good horse? He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "You know how to pick a good broad? It's the same thing. If you can pick a good broad, you can pick a good horse."

That was one of the most sage pieces of advice I've ever gotten. Since I'm in my forties now and still single, I guess I can't pick a good broad, and that's why I don't go to the race track.

Horse racing. Heh.

I always choose the horse with the biggest tits.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:37 am
One can hardly disagree that baseball is boring. I think one has to be a fan of a particular team to enjoy it, and that's why network tv doesn't broadcast many games.

With that said, I am a great Texas Rangers fan. Local tv broadcasts only two games a week and I usually watch at least part of the games. If they're losing badly, I turn it off. That there is not constant action as in other sports can be a plus: You can turn the sound down and listen to music or do another activity, glancing up occassionally when things get going. A baseball game doesn't demand constant attention, and sometimes just reading the box scores is sufficient.

I haven't gone to a live game in years, and from what I remember a baseball stadium is a gigantic tavern with live action instead of a television screen.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:37 am
Gargamel wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Horse racing. Heh.

Horse racing. Heh.

I always choose the horse with the biggest tits.

And I always choose the broad who looks most like she's been sucking down horse tranquilizers all night.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:56 am
Johnmg wrote:
There you go, I said people like you would say its just back and forth and back and forth.

And you kind of shot yourself in the foot with the point that a home run doesnt happen very often and that its exciting...

Therefor nothing exciting barely ever happens, its a game of time and patience. . . not of thrill and high intensity.

There is a difference of what some one considers exciting - seeing a great pitch - the intensity of the batter staring down the pitcher. Depends on if you are more a physical sort of person or thinking sort of person.

I am more a thinker.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 12:01 pm
ok, i respect that.. and understand completely. I just like posting offensive things so people put all their effort into explaining the other point of view. Try it some time, you'll notice that you will get much more in depth thought about answers if you dis something than if you simply post something kind asking for other peoples opinions
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 12:06 pm
Linkat wrote:
Johnmg wrote:

There is a difference of what some one considers exciting - seeing a great pitch - the intensity of the batter staring down the pitcher. Depends on if you are more a physical sort of person or thinking sort of person.

I am more a thinker.

You know, now that I think about it - when I was younger I seemed to like basketball better. It was more showy - quite flashy and of course Michael Jordin was amazing -

but the older I got the less interesting it was. I agree with you Linkat...though I am not sure about me being much of a thinker. I think the game has some amazing moments that are worth waiting for. But I do enjoy it much more in person...even minor league is fun when you have a beer and peanuts - singing Sweet Caroline and fussing at the ump. Yep...that's big fun.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 12:13 pm
Baseball - no like. I could watch but- wouldn't be thrilled.

Football - liked when I was younger - not so interesting anymore.

Never enjoyed basketball.

Hockey---Now, thats a fun filled always moving game with low scoring. And you know - the guys uniforms leave something to imagine.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 02:48 pm
Johnmg wrote:
ok, i respect that.. and understand completely. I just like posting offensive things so people put all their effort into explaining the other point of view. Try it some time, you'll notice that you will get much more in depth thought about answers if you dis something than if you simply post something kind asking for other peoples opinions

It takes quite a bit to tick me off -
0 Replies