Dealership scratched up my car!!?

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 02:19 am
I just bought a used mini cooper from bmw here in canada last week. It never got a chance to get detailed really well so they asked me to bring it in again for a better one free of charge. So..I brought it in and when I got it home I realised there are 5 big scratch marks on the drivers door that weren't there before. I haven't got a chance to talk to them yet and plan to in the morning. But for a little piece of mind...what are my options here in dealing with this issue. There is no warranty on the car itself, but it had no scratches anywhere at all before I brought it in to their shop....a simple "detail" job turned out to ruin my car!!

Thanks for any advise.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,264 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 02:34 am
Do you have photos of the area from prior to the damage? If not your probably dependant on the dealerships good will. So dont go off half cocked when you speak with them. Be reasonable, not aggressive with your tone and demeanor. You will catch more flies with honey than vinegar
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 10:16 am
Thanks for the reply....I have one picture that shows the area, but not sure if it shows the area "good enough". They made me get a package policy on the car when I signed the finance agreement. I'm pretty sure the insurer wouldn't have let me purchase one if the car was all scratched up...but not sure....I just can't belive this happened at their own shop and I haven't even had the car a week...I feel really ripped off at this point.
0 Replies