C-Sharp??

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 08:03 am
Anybody on A2K have any experience with or opinions of C#?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,193 • Replies: 6
No top replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 08:14 am
You won't be able to use it since the syntax doesn't allow for "KKK".
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 10:55 am
Trying to determine whether the language itself is basically fubar or just the idiots responsible for a particular piece of code I'm looking at. I suspect it's the language...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:00 am
I am not sure how you can determine if the language has problems if you don't understand the language.

If the code doesn't do what was intended then the problem is with the coder and not the language.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:34 am
The codes does what it was meant to do but is the closest thing I've ever seen to hieroglyphics in computer code and is totally unmaintainable. I'd like to convert it to Java if possible.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:19 pm
C is a computer language. Versions of C like several other languages are hard to read if you don't know the language. C is certainly easier to read than assembly language. If the code is well documented then it would be easy to maintain by someone familiar with C#.

If you want it in Java, then write it in java. Why spend the time whining about C# when you could be done with the code already? To my knowledge there isn't a "conversion" that will translate one higher level language to another. You need to write the java code using the logic used to write the C# code. C tends to be more efficient than java after it is compiled.

What is the purpose and placement of this code that you think you can convert it to java? Java tends to be for html pages and is compiled as the java program is run. C tends to be used for programming other than web pages and is compiled to assembly language before running.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:37 pm
gungasnake wrote:
The codes does what it was meant to do but is the closest thing I've ever seen to hieroglyphics in computer code and is totally unmaintainable. I'd like to convert it to Java if possible.

Funny, since Java and C# are quite similar.

Wikipedia: Comparison of Java and C#
0 Replies