Does your cat snore?

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:05 pm
You know I hate to sit hear working and having her big ol fat behind stretched out on the couch snoring.

It's such a cat thing really as the person who runs the house that she is but I have not had a cat snore before.
She's also a very vocal cat.

Is this normal? You know, for a cat?

She gets louder as she gets older as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,516 • Replies: 48
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:09 pm
I don't have a cat. But my girlfriend... Yeash! Razz
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:09 pm
my kitty snores too Smile

she is 10

I only started noticing it in the last 2 or 3 years.. and I dont truly remember her doing it before..
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:11 pm
fishin wrote:

You should talk lumberjack. Wink
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:12 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
my kitty snores too Smile

she is 10

I only started noticing it in the last 2 or 3 years.. and I dont truly remember her doing it before..

Shewolfnm you know I've only noticed for the last few years as well and she's like 13. Maybe it's an age thing?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:20 pm
Maybe. Both mine are 10 and younger. Neither snores. One of them would suffocate me in the night if I let him, but no snores.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:20 pm
My kitty is 9 - SNORES all the time - quite loudly too Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:23 pm
LOL Roger - I guess you have some snoring up coming as well then??

Izzie - wonderful - I am not alone!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:33 pm
Oh no no no... you're not alone

BOZ (that is the cat who owns the house and turns his nose up to all who enter the room, lives for himself and loves me for his food supply, brings me baby rabbits as presents and would as soon as steal my food from my plate if he had half a chance) has snored for years - he's not overweight or particularly large - just a regular kitty - but boy - he's SO loud - to the point where he does have to be put out!!!!!!!! Love him, can't bear his snoring!

(He is the best kitty in the world tho!) Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:37 pm
Zoey is a cat of her own but does fall into the will take all food if given the option as well. Can't put her out - inside cat. Just have to deal with the snoring. (Kinda like I do with fishin Wink )

Thank goodness they are cute, eh?
She snores more and more and louder and louder as she gets older so, I'm just wondering if it's age, comfort level, or what as far as anyone knows.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 06:59 pm
my kitty , named Kitten, has put on some weight lately.

In fact, I am worried about her belly.. but that is another thread entirely.. Sad

Anyway.. the more I think about it, the more I realize that her snoring has only begun to show after she started to pudge out..

Maybe.. like humans.. they snore when their throats are too fat as well?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:09 pm
If that were true my other cat would snore ALOT. Just saying. She's like 20 pounds (at least).

Could be weight related though - you never know they are each individuals.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:18 pm
Hey hey...

this could be my kitty ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq1CP4txMX8

(as for fishin' - k, not gonna suggest putting him out a?

Ex-hubby has sleep apnoea (seriously bad) and wore a breathing machine each nite - like sleeping with Darth Maul!)

Now, just the kitty to contend with - no worries - he has his own room! Very Happy
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:19 pm
Long ago I had a kitten whose mom was killed in traffic. I bottle-fed him, and he thrived. He was so small that he'd climb up my nylons when I got home from work -- but he couldn't figure out how to get past the hem of my skirt?

Anyhow, re snoring: He fell into a bubble bath I was taking. he went under and bobbed up, shook his head and started to swim. He was doing fine until he hit a clump of bubbles. It must have disoriented him, because he went under again and started to flail around. We rescued him and dried him off, but some of the tiny bones in his nose were broken.

From then on his purr and his breathing while he slept sounded like a buzz saw (only a bit quieter!). We called him Motornose...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:23 pm
man, those were some tough bubbles!

The late Dr. Lulu Abromowitz snored so loudly she'd wake me up out of a dead sleep.

Dr. A. was pudgy and lived to be 21.

Her work kept her young.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:26 pm
Wy-
that is how I met my cat Kitten.
Her mom was killed by a car, and a friend of mine and myself took on feeding her new litter. I guess they were less then a week old, maybe a bit more but I doubt it.

Kitten.. no matter what was going on, found her way to me, or would constantly cry if she heard my voice until I picked her up.
After she opened her eyes, she would follow me to be best of her little pudge abilities ..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:31 pm
fishin wrote:

Very Happy

Scritchercat snores. Sometimes.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:36 pm
Izzie - mine sounds more like this one:
Snoring Cat You Tube
and um...no, never put out fishin. Sometimes I go sleep with the dog but you know - thats good too. Wink

Wy - funny mine was a little barn cat rescue and she had all kinds of respiratory problems when I got her so, maybe just issues related to that. Sounds like you had a fun one!

Chai --- woke you up?? I'd kill her. Or kick her into another room at least. I do that now when she fights with her fat sister in the middle of the night so, she's used to it. 21 years!! Fabulous. My Great Aunt's Cat just passed at over 22 years. Long wonderful lives the old ones have, eh?

shewolfnm - Zoey is sooo vocal. If I don't pick her up and put her on the bed at night she cries and cries and cries. She does the same thing when I leave the house for any reason. I guess I spoiled the crap out of her.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:36 pm
littlek wrote:

Scritchercat snores. Sometimes.

REALLY?

kewl.

Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 07:39 pm
Actually, he sounds a little like a small child snoring.
0 Replies