Buffy/Angel

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 12:36 am
hey,im new to the forum. any buffy the vampire slayer/angel fans? both are such great shows. anyone have the dvd sets,if so,which is your fav? angel season 2 just got released on dvd,so im pretty excited about that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,438 • Replies: 11
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:26 am
Hi angelfan, welcome!

One of our members had a Buffy avatar for a while, and I have seen a lot of fans 'round here.

What do you like best about these shows?
0 Replies

The Unholy Hypocrite

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:17 am
My two favourite shows. Although Buffy is over now.
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:45 am
Buffy over! ...GASP!!... I..CAN'T...HANDLE...IT!!! I miss her so much! And I miss spike and willow and Xander!
Oh why oh WHY?!

-ahem-Yes I do enjoy that show....
and angel is marvelous aswell, but I miss buffy...Sniff sniff
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:30 pm
And how dare they Kill Anya[/i] !!!!!!! Why didn't mousy little Andrew die? I demand a rewrite!
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 01:55 am
Buffy and Angel are my fav shows! Joss Whedon is a bloody mad genius! And thank god they recycled Spike and put him on Angel! It took the edge off his death on Buffy. Chosen was a great last episode...the final scene between Buffy and Spike was so romantic! She finally told him she loved him and it was this beautiful moment! It was perfect.....UNTIL! Spike frickin ruined it by saying "No you don't [love me]. But thanks for sayin' it." WTF??? Did this ruin anyone else's tear-jerking moment?
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 03:13 am
I'm glad someone had the nerve to say it! HEHE
I have been a huge Buffy fan since its inception.(hence the sign on name) I agree with rystall (welcome to A2K) Joss Whedon is a bloody genius!
But I have to say I miss Riley. (Although I love Spike as well!) Angel is cool but I was happy to see him get his own show....and then RILEY!!! okay so I am obsessed with Riley too...oh well...anyone wish Oz would come back too...What about favorite episodes? Would love to hear what others have to say...of course there are so many...Buffy the musical comes to mind for me....
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 10:40 pm
Oh yes! Oz! Love him! Well, actually, Oz was often a dull character but I LOVE Seth Green!

Favorite episodes? There are so many I can't live without! Absolute favorite would have to be "Restless." It's my favorite because I'm a filmmaker and have a huge appreciation for amazing writing and cinematography and Joss really pulled out all the stops for that episode. It was also the best interpretation of what dreams are like that I've ever seen. Cinematically speaking, "Hush" and "The Body" are also at the top of my list.

But then of couse, I have so many favorite Spike episodes: "Something Blue," "Fool for Love," "Intervention" (aka Buffy Bot episode), and "Crush." But who doesn't love those???????

Also love "Passion," "Band Candy," "The Zeppo," "Storyteller," "Tabula Rasa," "The Gift," "Bargaining Part 2" and the big cliche "Once More, With Feeling."

Come to think of it, all my favorite episodes are big cliches.

And am I the only Andrew fan? I just LOVE him... but more in the 'let's go try on Diesel jeans together!' sense.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 10:52 pm
My favourite line from the episode where Warren's robot girlfriend tracks him down over break:
April: Grrrrrr
Buffy: She GROWLS?!?
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 08:24 pm
Next week on Angel... YEA FOR PARTIAL NUDITY!!!!! Shocked Exclamation
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:36 pm
I love[d] Buffy. I mean, the show was perfect. It virtually had no flaws. Every Tuesday night I would settle down in my room and watch a great hour of television. I used to watch Angel, but with all the schedule changes I have since stopped. Joss Whedon is a genius, pure genius. Oh, and Sarah Michelle Gellar is really hot, too. That made the show more enjoyable! Has anyone else heard that they might be doing a spin-off on the Buffy franchise?
0 Replies

rystall79

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:49 pm
I've heard talk of something...a movie or another TV show...but I never heard anything official. A Buffy movie would be cool, but what would be the point? The episodes are like an hour long anyway and always more enjoyable than a movie.

I don't fully understand what ever became of "Ripper." They aired a few episodes in the UK, I think. It sounded like a really awesome show. Hell, I'll watch anything Joss puts out there (except Firefly...I don't know what was up with that. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. They're making a movie out of it though.) Maybe a "Ripper" movie would be cool.

Also, at one point they were going to do a Buffy cartoon series. I don't know why that never followed though. Sad

Has anyone ever been lucky enough to see an episode of "Ripper?"
0 Replies