OK or not

Montana

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 03:50 pm
I'm with you cypher. Hugs to ((((((Osso and Rock))))))
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 04:58 pm
Well, I've been out of the loop as per bloody usual. Work it out you two --preferably by PM -- but work it out. I like you both and I'm not gonna take sides. <sigh>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 05:20 pm
Cypher, your lovely post descrubes I'm sure, what most of us are feeling.

Both Rockhead and Osso are great people. Osso is one of my all time favorite friends and I love her dearly. Do we have disagreements--oh yeah. We are both strong-minded women and we can b!tch at each other with the best of them, but in the long run, she is the kind of friend that we all treasure having in our life. So is Rocky.

So this will be gone in a few days and we will go back to our friendships and be grateful we have them.

Bella Dea--oh man, your post was a treasure:
Guess we suck ladies. Or, er, we don't suck. Whatever.

My opinion there is that I'm so old that referring to myself as sexy or sucky would be akin to describing a ship that sailed quite a while ago. Sigh. Now, young men think of me as MOM or Auntie Molotov Cocktail...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 05:23 pm
Well, I'm glad we are getting past this. It has had me conflicted since it started.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 05:24 pm
Yeah, and now they call me Uncle Flamethrower of Benevolence, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 05:27 pm
Diane wrote:
Now, young men think of me as [sic] Auntie Molotov Cocktail...

THAT is perfect!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 05:31 pm
huh? what's this all about. talk about creepy... Confused
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 06:10 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Rockhead seems to be the protective type, sure -- but I can recall plenty of times where he did the "Hey, buddy, knock that off" thing in defense of guys, too. I just get the feeling that he's somebody who likes to help smooth things over and keep the peace where he can....

I dunno, I'm just gonna send some hugs to *both* Osso and Rocky Smile

I'm with ya cypher! Rock has been an awesome friend and he is always there for anyone that he can help. That is just the kind of person he is. But like you said.....he does the same thing for males. Plus, I have been on threads where he was protective of Osso, too. Rock has a pretty keen sense about him. I can't tell you how many times he has pm'd me and asked if I'm ok. He's just a damn nice guy, really. And very respectful in any conversation him and I have ever had.

I hope whatever sparked this thread....it can be overcome. Because, truly, Rock has always said nothing but kind things about Osso and had a great deal of respect for her. I hope you guys can get that back. Life's too short to lose even ONE friend.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 06:49 pm
One last thing.........

I don't think it was nice to accuse Osso of being drunk when she started this thread. But I understand your anger, Rock.

Just.....well, that really wasn't cool. Not like you were there when she posted. So there is no way you could know that.

So think about it. What you said wasn't any cooler than what she said. So let's call it even and kiss and make up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:12 pm
I do drink and I do get tired, and post stupidly on booze or water. On that occasion, I was off on Pellegrino. I remember, I looked at my glass.

I gather I was inflammatory, and to the extent it was defamatory, I back off.

However..

This guy watched a2k for a year and a half before posting, and then zeroed in on his most admired, let's say, or those he could most help. Now he is working everybody else.

I have already said I like Rocky. I want him to like him for himself. I don't want him to get off on help city to those who don't ask for that.

I gather there is a lot of buzzing going on in pms, and I gather I am evil queen, not that I can see the pms, but I can guess.

OK, all go ahead and send the planes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:28 pm
please... can we leave this alone?

If rockhead does need help for anything in his life.. it shouldnt be aired for all to read.

That would be like someone posting about me during my drug addiction days.
i would have been devastated even if it was true.

There are certain things you just dont tell others.

If something he does bothers you.. and maybe you can see his target? Speak to them.

Let him have his privacy. After all.. even though we all bare our souls here sometimes, we still hope for that shred of silence between us that gives us comfort in knowing that we will not be discussed in our most embarrassing moments openly on a thread where any one and anything can happen

A lot of women I know, speak to, pm with.. and some I even meet with.. dont feel as though he is a threat at all. In fact.. he is rather well liked. As are you Osso... more then you may think Wink

But.. put the shoes on your foot for a second.. and in your mind open a2k and fantasize about reading something about you... posted by me.. that is truly personal... and then read as I tell the world that you need help for what ever it is I wrote. And these were things you told me in confidence.

Of course, I would not do that to you.. and I am simply creating a fantasy..

But.. imagine..

Even if I had the full intention of simply pointing out to you that you needed help and my reasoning was really from pure love of a friend...

you. would. be. devistated.

No matter my intent.. you would be devastated.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 07:56 pm
shewolf,

Well said!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:39 pm
Shewolf, you say it better than anyone I've read, and there have been some excellent posts.

Your's is the voice of reason and truth whether the people involved can see it or not. You are a breath of fresh air.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:53 pm
One of the stranger threads and though I am somewhat confused...... I too find Shewolf's post to be a solid voice of reason. Nice people should remain nice people in the eyes of those who consider them online friends.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 11:56 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I do drink and I do get tired, and post stupidly on booze or water. On that occasion, I was off on Pellegrino. I remember, I looked at my glass.

I gather I was inflammatory, and to the extent it was defamatory, I back off.

However..

This guy watched a2k for a year and a half before posting, and then zeroed in on his most admired, let's say, or those he could most help. Now he is working everybody else.

I have already said I like Rocky. I want him to like him for himself. I don't want him to get off on help city to those who don't ask for that.

I gather there is a lot of buzzing going on in pms, and I gather I am evil queen, not that I can see the pms, but I can guess.

OK, all go ahead and send the planes.

My god, osso, that's unfair and inaccurate and you know it. So much for backing off from being defamatory. He watched for a year and a half and then zeroed in? Please... How 'bout he played fantasy baseball with a bunch of A2Kers as Tico's friend and heard a lot about A2K from the rest of the folks there and was invited to check it out here? How 'bout someone who is very private in his own doings not being comfortable being part of an internet forum being cautious before joining (and then doing so only because he was invited and encouraged by those who wanted him to join the upcoming football league? How 'bout during that time of watching and deciding he read a lot and got to know folks before they got to know him?

Now he's working everybody else? Again... what the hell? Working? get over it... Whatever it is that you've got up your craw, let it go. I have no idea what it is precisely that set you down this merry path but it's cruel, inaccurate and most definitely defamatory.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 12:18 am
I'm just finding this thread and that response by RH on page three.

I never got that Jack Black he spoke of. I like good booze but get to drink it rarely.

I'll be back after I see the pages.

I'll see if I can be quiet.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 01:18 am
Ah, craw is it.

I do agree my posted thread here was unwise..
I probably should have waited a year or two.

It seemed snarly and vicious. (I would explain, but I'll skip it.)

I take it people think I was drunk. No, I was doing Pellegrino.
I did drink a few hours earlier. Make of that what you will.
And, RH, your leftover bottle stayed where it was, not that I would have minded having it.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 01:26 am
Jack Black?

Johnnie Walker Black Label?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 01:33 am
Yes, that was it... Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:27 am
waited a year or two? would that make it more fair and less hurtful?

osso, you have no right to either meddle in rockhead's problems in public (weather real or imagined by you), nor to "defend" the womankind of a2k, which in my humble opinion does not need any defense and certainly didn't ask for it. i don't think it's rockhead who crossed the line. sorry if i sound harsh, but you yourself are a staunch defender of being straightforward, so i'm telling you how i feel. this thread makes me cringe and i wish it just wasn't here at all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » OK or not
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 03:47:43