Dem Candidates to duke it out with Dean tonight -PBS 8pm EST

jjorge

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 02:29 pm
The nine democratic presidential aspirants will debate tonight (8pm EST on most PBS stations)

The betting is that Howard Dean as the surging front-runner will be the target of the others. It could get very interesting.
Kerry's campaign in particular seems especially desperate after having a meltdown in New hampshire where Dean has surged to 38% to Kerry's 17% in recent polls.

NOTE: If you want to listen to the audio feed while doing other things on your 'puter (like A2K) you can get it at:

http://www.wnyc.org/asx/wnycam.asx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 944 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fealola

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 02:40 pm
Thanks! Didn't know!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 02:55 pm
So, I guess dem udder candidates don't?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 03:07 pm
8 pm eastern? I thought it was 9. Damn, it will compete with the Redskins' game.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 12:45 am
Just thought I would bump this topic.

Dean is really putting himself into a commanding lead.

Wesley Clark's appeal was mostly about the fact that most generals are conservative, and that Republicans try to maintain a macho aura. He doesn't make much of a dent himself-it's the fact that he's a general that counts.

Kerry was the early favorite, but just doesn't seem to get himself moving.

If there is anyone to challenge Dean, I would think that Gephardt has the best chance. He can be a good speaker. He hasn't really gotten himself moving yet, but if he ever does, he can make it tough.

But Dean definitely has the momentum, and that momentum is building. For their own sakes, one or two of the others had better do something soon, or Dean will cruise right in.
0 Replies