I ate a chicken salad sandwich today.

Gala

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:16 am
Stray Cat wrote:
I'm not saying rudeness doesn't exist, but I hate to see NYer's stereotyped that way. And..... I've never thought rudeness automatically = cool. :wink:

Stray Cat, there's a big difference between visiting a place and living in it. True, not all major city-dwellers are rude and you do find pockets of kindness, consideration, and even humor. But...when living there you tend to see pretty much all of it--from the rats to the throw-up on the street, to the poverty, to the anononymity. The Midwest, it's not.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:55 pm
I can see that this is true. Not to mention...when I go to New York - I just get to see the touristy parts...not like I'm living it. It is a vacation. But I do love it...don't know that I could live in that pace though. Would do better in L.A. though where I am now, as far as living - suits fine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 02:06 pm
Diebenkorn has more a2k fans, yay. He is one of my favorite painters, and I believe JLNobody regards him very highly as well. His studio was, natch, near where I used to live. Hmm, he also painted in New Mexico.

(I was born in Los Angeles, and I'm a bitch...)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 09:10 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Margo is my hero...

(in a sing song voice, over and over)

Laughing

Embarrassed Razz
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:46 am
ossobuco wrote:
Diebenkorn has more a2k fans, yay. He is one of my favorite painters, and I believe JLNobody regards him very highly as well. His studio was, natch, near where I used to live. Hmm, he also painted in New Mexico.

(I was born in Los Angeles, and I'm a bitch...)

Hey, we're all bitches once in a while osso, even the men folks. I'd much prefer to be around a someone who's honest than some of those phony sunny types. That was one of my big beefs about being there--the people I met wanted to hug all the time. Pshaw.

I don't think I know of anyone who dislikes R. Diebenkorn. Hey, he's a great icebreaker if you're in the company of people who know a thing or two about art.
0 Replies