Concept art versus designing? help me out guys!

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:34 pm
I was pretty sure i was an "artist" where i should be drawing things i see, ut its to easy, i can draw anything i see already, i just need to master some textures and techniques and just draw more, but its not what i thought i loved, i like drawing things from my mind, not from sight, and anyways this is confusing for me cuz i dont know alot about art, but if i have "parameters" or a "goal" that the device will be used fopr,t hen i can draw it constantly and i can vary it alot.

but i don't like just creating creatures out ofm my imagination either, basically i like to design machinery an **** i guess, like an inventore slash designer.

I just want some advice on what kind of jobs are between art and design and inventing?

what is there?

Edit: Moderator: Moved from Art to Original Art and Photography
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,222 • Replies: 2
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:40 pm
it might sound bad but what im best at designing is weaponry, like real weaponry... not blades or medieval; stuff even though i like making miniature swords that was fun.

uhh well ****, i built a rail gun, but its sucks so far, i mean like yeah but thats prolly illegal so lets not talk about it. even though it barely even moves the projectile, but once i learn electronics and i can like pulse electricity how i want it i think ill have it.

it sucks its basically like a tennis ball launcher, i just put a iron thing in a tube and the magnets are setup to pull it and they never stop "rolling"but its really manual i dont have materials (or the knowledge) to perfect it.(trust me its not as "sci-fi as u think! its basically manually switching electromagnets in a treadmill fashion, lik the contact is manually cutioff and switched to the next magnet)

i think at higher speeds the magnetic field wont grip the projectile actually and i gave up on it but yeah thats stuff i do.

what job am i looking for?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:59 pm
Bellamy.

The lab technician from Maxwell Smart.
0 Replies