Anyone here with Maryland disability plates on their car?

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 03:00 pm
I've had disability plates and placards on my car for the last 20 years. Today I received a letter from the MVA that said,

DPS Medical Certification
The individual with a disability must complete an"Application for Maryland Parking Placards/License Plates for individuals with a disability" (VR210) and have a licensed physician, licensed chiropractor, licensed podiatrist, or licensed optometrist complete section "C." You must return the disability placard or plates for cancellation unless a new certificate is submitted.

What's going on? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 11:15 pm
some people pass disbility placards on to friends or reletives. some people keep mom or dad's placard after they die and use it at the expense of people with genuine disability.

I guess that what is going on is an attempt to refresh the credentials of disabled people in genuine need.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:22 am
Uh huh. I've got a red one in NM that expires in June. If it were blue, I would still need to get recertification in another year. Been about 4 months since I've used it, anyway.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:25 am
Nothing to add, just stopped by since I saw your name roger and felt like saying hi, so hi & now I am going to bed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:28 am
Thanks for dropping in. Well, stop by in the morning.
0 Replies