Finally something new that doesn't suck: Dead Like Me

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 12:30 pm
Although this originally aired in June of this year, we JUST got the pilot here this week. I thought it was brilliant....witty, touching, thought-provoking, well-written and well-acted, not to mention an incredibly original idea (so rare these days). I hope they can keep it up. Has anyone else caught this show? What did you think?

http://www.deadlikeme.tv/home.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,620 • Replies: 21
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 12:34 pm
You have to have extra channels right? It's not on regular network??
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 12:45 pm
Oh, I think so....we saw it on a movie channel. I forget, we have digital cable Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
I suppose in the States it's on MGM Television....we have it on a Canadian movie channel.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 12:51 pm
sorry - I won't be getting it for awhile to check it out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 01:28 pm
I'm there with ya Husker...traditional network television programming sucks the big one. I'm looking forward to being able to afford a $40/month cable TV subscription again.

Thank goodness for video rental stores and libraries!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:14 am
Just read the preface Cav, this is about a woman who lives in the afterlife, and she got there when a toilet seat somehow became detached from the mir space station and fell to earth and hit her on the head?

So it's a seriously deep philosophical work then?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:28 am
It's a very well-written black comedy kev...it surprised me how deep it actually got Shocked
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:39 am
Sounds really cool, Cav. Mebbe I'll try downloading some...won't be able to get it on TV for years here.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:45 am
See if you can get the pilot Monger.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 09:29 am
Cav,

I have got to see this, problem is Phoenix said on another post on here (re law and order) that britside we are a "few" years behind with that show, so this may not get to us for yonks.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 10:43 am
Hmm....kev, we are way behind on most of the Brit shows we get here....it is possible that a DVD will come out before you get the show. I wonder where monger plans to download the episodes?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 11:35 am
You can find most popular TV shows on peer-2-peer networks, cav.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 11:40 am
Cav,

my missus has just remarked to me that by the time we get this show I'll be old and grey, I'm looking forward to that, I'm currently old and bald. silly cow.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 12:05 pm
Lol! kev, I would guess maybe 6 months to 1 year until a DVD release. My wife would know better....she works in the biz.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:42 pm
kev wrote:

So it's a seriously deep philosophical work then?

kev wrote:
Cav,

my missus has just remarked to me that by the time we get this show I'll be old and grey, I'm looking forward to that, I'm currently old and bald. silly cow.

Kev
You're in great form today!
Laughing Laughing Razz
0 Replies

kev

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 03:56 pm
Hi Margo,

I've been soaking my gums in guinness for a few days because I've had a raging toothache, once you get rid of that excruciating pain you can't help but feel good.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 08:39 pm
kev wrote:
Hi Margo,

I've been soaking my gums in guinness for a few days because I've had a raging toothache, once you get rid of that excruciating pain you can't help but feel good.

Now, there's a cure for toothache I haven't tried. Do you really apply it topically to the gums, or take it systemically? Or both?

I can recall using brandy topically some years ago - but thought it was an old wive's tail - it was told to me by an old wife! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:37 am
It's one of those miracle type cures that defy any kind of scientific principal, you take a big mouthful of guinness, hold it to the count of five and swallow, repeat sixty times and the pain is gone.

The downside is that the memory of everything you did in the prior 24 hours is gone too, but this inexplicable side effect is something I can live with.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 02:49 pm
Twisted Evil Razz Confused
0 Replies