Trying not to be a bore but I have another Jesus question

aperson

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:26 pm
Christian beliefs don't make much sense.

On one hand, you have the "Jesus loves you" side.

On the other, you have the "Obey me or go to Hell" side.

Bit of a mixed message.

If I were you I'd tell him,

"It's in the Bible - it doesn't have to make sense!"
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 09:28 pm
Oh and by the way, and I'm assuming "Mo" is a young child here, I don't think you should be indoctrinating children into religion. Teach them how to think critically, and then let them decide for themselves. It's unfair on kids if they grow up with the roots of religion so deep in their minds that it's impossible to remove them.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 10:07 pm
Hey A!
0 Replies

Kira

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 11:40 pm
hi i am new here but i reply to your post i would say that hell is kind of an padlock on the backdoor of cristianity "god" gave us free will but we have to do what the bible says we go to hell so pretty much its to stop cristians from opting out so really we have no freewill if we go by the bible it is ultimately forcing your hand
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:00 am
aperson wrote:
Oh and by the way, and I'm assuming "Mo" is a young child here, I don't think you should be indoctrinating children into religion. Teach them how to think critically, and then let them decide for themselves. It's unfair on kids if they grow up with the roots of religion so deep in their minds that it's impossible to remove them.

Ummm...... errrr...... Thanks?

Oh and by the way, it is sometimes helpful to read what people have written before you respond.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:06 am
boomerang wrote:
aperson wrote:

Ummm...... errrr...... Thanks?

Oh and by the way, it is sometimes helpful to read what people have written before you respond.

No!!!!!!!!! Really??? :wink:
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 12:37 pm
Pfft! Who has the time for that?!
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 03:43 pm
Yea, 6 pages worth of posts...

No offense was intended, by the way.

Hey C! Long time no c!
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 03:48 pm
Kira wrote:
hi i am new here but i reply to your post i would say that hell is kind of an padlock on the backdoor of cristianity "god" gave us free will but we have to do what the bible says we go to hell so pretty much its to stop cristians from opting out so really we have no freewill if we go by the bible it is ultimately forcing your hand

Ouch. It hurts my head to read one sentence paragraphs.

Well anyway:

Welcome to a2k. I hope you had a pleasant flight. Please leave you seatbelts on until the seatbelt sign has been turned off.
0 Replies