As you wish.

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:03 am
Shawshank Redemption....I rarely pass it up if I run across it on cable.

A bit of odd trivia, the guy that played the "tough screw", the main guard....the big blond one with the deep voice....he does the voice for Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 09:55 am
I know this thread is on movies that the whole family can watch, but the age can make a difference.

Osso has intrduced me to several foreign films==Italian, of course= like In The Garden of the Finzi Continis. I takes place as Jews are being forced to move, leaving all their possesions behind.

It is a bittersweet story, but true, of the last of the old andly aristocratic families. Beautiful and moving.

One that I found on my own is Tosca's Kiss. This one might be my all time favorite--about the old mansion Verdi turned into a home for retired musicians, opera singers, instrument players, anyone who had been a musician of any sort.

It might be slow for some, but if you have a musical soul that include classical music, it will move you immensely. Have the tissues handy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:17 pm
Sniff...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:15 pm
Me too, osso. We needed the box of tissues positioned right between us.

Even with its bittersweet theme, it was also an impressively uplifting film. I can't recommend it highly enough.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 04:50 am
Setanta wrote:
This thread is inconceivable . . .

i don't think that word means, what you think it means
0 Replies

CoriCori

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:31 am
Francis wrote:
Never heard of TPB, I have to check that out. Sounds promising..

Same here!
0 Replies