Linkat

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 01:25 pm
Re: Bull
Ticomaya wrote:
goguenm wrote:

Quote:
... but it is environment in which they are brought up in that creates a "monster" as with any dog.

Not true, as has been shown. Environment has a part to play, but so does their breeding.

The pit bull attack I personally know of was of a pit bull who was raised in an environment without any violence. In a home where the woman loved him completely. The only issue was she was capable of controlling such a strong dog. He had never acted violently and always seemed loveable. Until the day he attacked and bit an elderly neighbor that was simply walking past.

I'm not saying that another breed of dog would never attack unprovoked just that pit bull definately have been known to attack unprovoked.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:01 pm
u retards, if it were their breed then they would ALL ******* do it. holy **** use logic.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:14 pm
Interesting theory, OGIONIK.

Meanwhile ...

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:14 pm
Quote:
Violent pit bull attack under investigation
, Assistant Editor
05-30-2008

LACASSINE - A 38-year-old man is in the hospital with severe wounds after he was allegedly attacked by pit bulls in a Constance Road neighborhood just south of here Saturday night, according to Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff Ricky Edwards.
Richard Woods, of La. 101 near Lacassine, told detectives he was jumped by a pair of pit bulls while riding his bike down a gravel road at around 10 p.m.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:17 pm
u know they have a locking jaw on them - utter bs. period. since your article actually has that written in it im going to totally disregard the whole thing.

a young man didnt train his dog enough, thats what i got out of it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:17 pm
Quote:
05/29/08 - Abilene
Two People Arrested In Dog Attack That Killed 7-Year-Old

Two people face second-degree felony charges in the dog-mauling death of a 7-year-old Breckenridge child who was killed by their pit bulls.

The Stephens County Sheriff's Office arrested 45-year-old Jack Smith and 27-year-old Crystal Watson. They each face a felony charge of a dog attack resulting in a death, which is punishable by 20 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine.

Bail for each person was set at $250,000 each. Both remain in custody.

7-year-old Tanner Joshua Monk of Breckenridge died May 18 after he was attacked by pit bulls while playing outside near his rural home.

2 of the put bulls were shot on site, while two more remain at an animal shelter. A hearing is scheduled for tomorrow at which the dogs' fate will be decided.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:19 pm
I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding ...

Quote:
FENTON: Two boys survive dog attack
Pit Bull mixed breed will be put down

By Sarah AuBuchon
Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:10 PM CDT

Two 12-year-old boys sustained minor injuries after being attacked by a Pit Bull mixed breed dog in two separate incidents Wednesday in the 700 block of Shangri-La in Fenton.

Police said the dog had apparently escaped its fenced yard and attacked the first boy on his way to the bus stop. A parent who witnessed the attack threw rocks at the dog and fended him off.

The second victim also was on his way to a bus stop when he was attacked. A maintenance man in a nearby apartment complex pulled the dog from the boy and was able to subdue it until animal control officers arrived.The boys sustained non life-threatening injuries and were treated by emergency service personnel.

Jefferson County Animal Control Director Jim Wilcox said the dog is being held for observation and will be euthanized at the request of its owner.

Police said the owner claims she didn't know the dog had escaped. However, a copy of the incident is being sent to the prosecuting attorney's office for review.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:19 pm
how the hell do u get jumped by pitbulls on a bike. thats pure stupidity.

anyways im sure black people are really more prone to crime, cuz their black

i read lots of stories about black men robbing and stealing cars jeez! ban black people!

i mean, they are so big! and they come from africa! from the jungles! omgz! they are criminally prone!

ban them allz! they r so violent and big! and scary! omgz!

If u accept it or not, your using the same logic.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:23 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
how the hell do u get jumped by pitbulls on a bike. thats pure stupidity.

I'm sure you know best, OGIONIK.

So you probably have a snappy response to the story of the 10-year old boy who was riding his bike outside his home about 8 years ago, when he was attacked by a roving pit bull who knocked him down and proceeded to rip the boys face down from his left ear to his chin. I can probably track those pics down if you are interested. After several plastic surgeries, and many years of recovery, he actually doesn't look too bad nowadays. The psychological scars remain, of course.

Yep ... let's not blame the pit. Must have been the kid's fault for riding his bike in front of his house, huh?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:25 pm
ok you win. pitbulls are terrible dogs that do nothing but bite people.

your right.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 02:27 pm
"gangsta" style black people and Pittbulls a absolutely a bad mix. I grew up with them and have seen extreme violence.

The same violence I have seen in white skinheads.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 10:16 pm
"... these dogs were his pets. They had no previous history of aggression."

Quote:
June 4, 2008, 11:55PM
Ex-Texans player Foley indicted in pit bull attack
He's accused of failing to secure dogs that attacked a neighbor and her puppy
but these dogs were his pets. They had no previous history of aggression," Nugent said.

The indictment, a third-degree felony, was unsealed Wednesday. Foley is accused of failing to secure the dogs, which made an unprovoked attack on a neighbor on the afternoon of March 26, according to court documents. The neighbor, Twana Schulz, suffered serious bodily injury when she was bitten on the arms and face, the indictment said.

Schulz, 36, was attacked outside her house on Bees Creek Court.

The dogs were seized by animal control officers and later destroyed by authorities.

Schulz was carrying the puppy, named Schinckers, when a neighbor yelled that the pit bulls were loose. Schulz headed back toward her house.

"I got to almost our sidewalk when they attacked us," she said shortly after the attack.

Schulz tried to hold onto the puppy, but the pit bulls jerked it from her hands and killed it.

If convicted, a third-degree felony carries a punishment of as many as 10 years in prison.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 10:19 pm
Quote:
Wednesday, 11 June 2008
Permission given to destroy dog after attack

A Wanganui woman mauled by a pit bull terrier has given police permission to destroy the dog.

The 33-year-old was attacked about 5pm on Monday at her Cornfoot St home and was taken to Wanganui Hospital with serious arm injuries.

It was the second pit bull attack in less than a week.

The woman, from Castlecliff, underwent surgery yesterday. The tan pit bull she owned with her partner - believed to be in prison - was seized by dog control officers.

Senior Sergeant Shane Wainhouse said the woman gave permission for the dog to be destroyed and it was put down yesterday.

Last Thursday, a two-year- old Auckland toddler was attacked by a pit bull. The boy is in a stable condition in Starship hospital in Auckland with a broken jaw and severe facial injuries.

The dog was on a chain in the backyard and savaged the boy as he walked into its area.

It was destroyed on Saturday. The toddler's father who owned the dog will not face charges as it was on private property and restrained.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 12:51 am
Tico, what's your story with attack dogs?

(I don't like them either)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 07:01 am
McTag wrote:
Tico, what's your story with attack dogs?

From my days as a prosecutor ...

Ticomaya wrote:
And I have dealt personally with cases of innocent children being seriously maimed by marauding packs of pit bulls. They are more dangerous when they are running loose, several of them together.

Ticomaya wrote:
So you probably have a snappy response to the story of the 10-year old boy who was riding his bike outside his home about 8 years ago, when he was attacked by a roving pit bull who knocked him down and proceeded to rip the boys face down from his left ear to his chin. I can probably track those pics down if you are interested. After several plastic surgeries, and many years of recovery, he actually doesn't look too bad nowadays. The psychological scars remain, of course.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 09:15 am
Oh.

Fair enough, then.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:19 am
We should no more be allowed to have pitt-bulls than we can have tigers for pets. Both SOMETIMES kill.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 02:03 pm
... and they are both inherently dangerous.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 02:07 pm
I agree. The other day when I drove my kid to school, there was this
guy walking by the school with 2 pittbulls. I couldn't believe my eyes,
here are tons of school kids, and that #$#%@ has to walk those two
ticking time bombs right in front of the school - and that's the problem:
the owners are just as dangerous as the dogs themselves. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 03:50 pm
Walking out of a small market yesterday, I found myself rubbing against the incredibly strong head of a large pitt-bull. At least he was on a leash, but the owner seemed to be having trouble controlling him. I looked at the owner and upon seeing his "type" I said to myself "Of course."
0 Replies