Curb Your Enthusiasm

Sofia

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 10:48 pm
Can you imagine? Mom died, but we didn't want to bother you...
0 Replies

toucansofguinness

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:02 am
Hey there. I'm new to this forum, but I've been a fan of Curb since episode 1. I just wanted to say a few things. First of all, every episode is so amazingly funny I would never be able to list all of my favorite parts. I would be here for days going on and on about each episode. Second, I just wanted to make a small correction for Swimpy regarding their statement that Larry's mother dies in the Crazy Eyez Killah episode. I'm sure that Swimpy has already noted this, but Larry's mother's death is the basis for the episode called The Special Section which aired two show before Crazy Eyez. However, both episodes are fabulous. And finally, I just wanted to point out something I only recently noticed about the very first episode of Curb. In that episode, Jeff's wife runs into the room saying that their kid Sammy has fallen asleep with HIS arm around some other kid. Does that sound funny to anyone? She full on suggests that their child, Sammy, is a boy! This is the same Sammy who in all other episodes is this adorable little girl! Has anybody else ever noticed this, or have I become that big dork who notices every little mistake ever made in their favorite TV shows?(ie: Most Star Trek fans) Anyway, I guess that's the only draw back to the brilliant idea of not having a script, but rather actors who are amazing at improv. Take care.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:23 am
Hey toucansofguinness, welcome! I love Curb as well, although we are behind in the episodes. Can't wait to see the restaurant one, being a chef and all. Toucan, love yer handle, 'two cans' of Guinness, and presumabley also referencing the use of a toucan in the old Guinness posters. Nice!
0 Replies

Jer7280

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 10:11 pm
Premiere
I have looked at HBO's website and cannot find anything about when the first episode of the season is. Does anybody happen to know when it is? Also, I would like to say that it is a crime that Tony Shalhoub won best actor in a comedy series in the Emmys tonight over Larry David. Not only that, he won for a show that NOBODY has ever heard of or likes.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
There must have been some really strange splitting of the votes for Tony Shalhoub to win. Larry David is carrying on the tradition of Seinfeld and an even more incredible format. The restaurant plotline is outrageously funny -- the final segment culminating in one of the most extraordinary events of comic invention I've seen since the Marx Bros.
0 Replies