School Administrators gone wild

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 01:50 pm
Quote:
For Little Children, Grown-Up Labels As Sexual Harassers

By Brigid Schulte
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 3, 2008; Page A01
Randy is only one of many children to be dealt with harshly as schools across the country grapple with enforcing new zero-tolerance sexual harassment policies and the fear of litigation.

The Virginia Department of Education reported that 255 elementary students were suspended last year for offensive sexual touching, or "improper physical contact against a student." In Maryland, 166 elementary school children were suspended last year for sexual harassment, including three preschoolers, 16 kindergartners and 22 first-graders, according to the State Department of Education. Statistics for the District were not available.

In 2006, a kindergartner in Hagerstown, Md., was accused of sexual harassment after pinching a female classmate's buttocks. A 4-year-old in Texas was given an in-school suspension after a teacher's aide accused him of sexual harassment for pressing his face into her breasts when he hugged her.

Ted Feinberg, assistant director of the National Association of School Psychologists in Bethesda, said he had never come across a case of sexual harassment in elementary school in his three decades in the schools. To label somebody a sexual harasser at 6 "doesn't make sense to me," he said. "Kids can be exploratory in behavior, they can mimic what they see on TV."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/04/02/ST2008040203589.html?hpid=moreheadlines
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,034 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 08:07 pm
Not all school administrators belong in their jobs for lack of common sense.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 02:38 am
Re: School Administrators gone wild
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
For Little Children, Grown-Up Labels As Sexual Harassers

By Brigid Schulte
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 3, 2008; Page A01
Randy is only one of many children to be dealt with harshly as schools across the country grapple with enforcing new zero-tolerance sexual harassment policies and the fear of litigation.

The Virginia Department of Education reported that 255 elementary students were suspended last year for offensive sexual touching, or "improper physical contact against a student." In Maryland, 166 elementary school children were suspended last year for sexual harassment, including three preschoolers, 16 kindergartners and 22 first-graders, according to the State Department of Education. Statistics for the District were not available.

In 2006, a kindergartner in Hagerstown, Md., was accused of sexual harassment after pinching a female classmate's buttocks. A 4-year-old in Texas was given an in-school suspension after a teacher's aide accused him of sexual harassment for pressing his face into her breasts when he hugged her.

Ted Feinberg, assistant director of the National Association of School Psychologists in Bethesda, said he had never come across a case of sexual harassment in elementary school in his three decades in the schools. To label somebody a sexual harasser at 6 "doesn't make sense to me," he said. "Kids can be exploratory in behavior, they can mimic what they see on TV."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/04/02/ST2008040203589.html?hpid=moreheadlines

It betokens a grotesquely deformed, politically correct and perverted
state of mental health to accuse a 4 year old child of sexual harassment.

The sane citizens of America,
particularly the parents, shud concern themselves with ridding
the schools of such weirdos. Fortunately, the penalities inflicted upon
the victims only amounted to vacations that (presumably) thay welcomed with joy.

`
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 02:39 am
Is that an incentive
to sexual harassment in school ?

a way to defeat the truant officer ?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:07 am
The world is growing madder by the day. What the hell is next?

Heaven help those having children in this psychotic world today!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:14 am
Montana wrote:

Yes.
Will we degenerate into the Borg ?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:19 am
No doubt in my mind David! Sad and extremely scary, but so very true Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:28 am
The Borg r collectivisticly politically correct; thay r communists.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 04:46 am
I suppose people are easier to control if they're broken down while they're young. The younger, the better, I see.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:06 am
Montana wrote:

MY take is similar...these zero tolerance lune's are almost exactly like those who look at a drug preprescription that says "take one pill twice a day" and figure that if two a day work then four a day must work better. The more the better. They have no awareness that most drugs turn toxic when they are administered too heavy, they lack a most basic understanding of the interaction between drugs and the human.

Likewise, these school admins lack a basic understanding of what it is to be a child. I don't buy the excuse "the law made us do it", first of those who administer the law might be wise enough not to prosecute school admins that don't turn kids to into sex offenders, and if they are not it is the responsibility of the childhood experts to educate the lawyers
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:34 am
I stopped being surprised years ago when I was accused of medical neglect for refusing to drug my son with Ritalin, which is why packed my bags and my family and ran like hell across the border to Canada.

No surprises, but it still makes my blood boil Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies