boomerang

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:48 pm
Now see this is why I don't barbeque. We go from me wanting some easy suggestions to digging a pit and slaughtering a pig.

And I can't just do meat. I need other things to eat too. If I'm going to have to mess up my kitchen why bother with the barbeque?

Maybe it is a man thing.....

I'll look into that BBQ Bible though!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:51 pm
boomerang wrote:
And I can't just do meat.

<snicker>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 01:11 pm
Mighty hunters, go hunt pig in forest. Many warriors . Much blood. We bring pig home and share with everyone in village.

We dont need this **** from some woman who not understand what mighty hunter has to go through.

Stubbs sauce, best. Keep Petes for make sloppy joe.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:01 pm
You can roast veggies and taters on the grill, or, bring out one of your skillets/pots and saute/boil them while the meat cooks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:07 pm
farmerman wrote:
all regional moppins, Carolina Vinegar,North Carolina red, Memphis sauce, Texas Hot, and KC style, are all good but slightly different. I wouldnt refuse any of em if theyre done right .

Ain't it the truth?! I love a good mop. All kinds. And Mr. Stubbs is my fav at the moment for marinades.
An old dj in Chicago, Bill "Butterball" Crane, used to play "music to mop by" on summer barbecue holidays. This was one of his favorites.
GREEN ONIONS
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:27 pm
dj'd this seasons first pig pickin' Sunday. thank God I've gone back to eating meat. The pig cooked for 14 hours... and it was the shiznit. tater salad, mac salad, slaw, roastin' ears... mmm mmm mmm...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 07:29 pm
Green Witch wrote:
dadpad wrote:
You have lady bumps therefore you cannot bbq.

Please move away from the grill. S- l- o- w- l- y. with your hands in the air.

Turning meat into charcoal mens business.

I suggest Mo be encoraged.

Around our place we refer to this as The Fred Flintstone Gene. Men just can't resist roasting big chunks of bloody, raw meat over a blazing fire while poking it at with a giant fork. Personally, I see no harm in letting them have their fun and the results are usually quiet tasty. I just supply the salad and napkins.

Glad you understand that GW now get us another beer will ya, this bbq-ing is hot work.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 08:26 pm
dadpad wrote:

Glad you understand that GW now get us another beer will ya, this bbq-ing is hot work.

I would, but your wife told me you've had enough.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:23 am
Green Witch wrote:
dadpad wrote:

I would, but your wife told me you've had enough.

Good choice GW she's a sensible woman I always listen to what she tells me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 06:16 am
There was a show on regional barbcue. The only one that gagged me was the "Calif style". Glad them flashcooking SanDiegans are separated from the rest of the bbq world by a tudy mountain range.
They "grill" out there and cover it with some **** sauce and call it barbecue.

I remember ADA Oklahoma BBQ as being a particularly good one. There they just slow cook beef ribs and briskets and dont use NO sauce. The smoke and crust is what its about. You can add some mop at the table but first you gotta try the plain meat.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 06:33 am
farmerman wrote:
. . . first you gotta try the plain meat.

That's my attitude . . . i just likes the meat. When i eat hangburgers, i just slap that sucker on a bun, salt it and chow down. If it's good beef, i would suggest that point of the exercise is to taste the beef. The idea of demolishing a plate of beef ribs which had been cooked all by their lonesome sounds good to me . . .
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 08:04 am
If the meat is no good, the mop can't save it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 08:16 am
farmerman wrote:
There was a show on regional barbcue. The only one that gagged me was the "Calif style". Glad them flashcooking SanDiegans are separated from the rest of the bbq world by a tudy mountain range.
They "grill" out there and cover it with some **** sauce and call it barbecue.

"BBQ" in Nebraska is similar... shredded beef mixed with ketchup and vinegar.

farmerman wrote:
I remember ADA Oklahoma BBQ as being a particularly good one. There they just slow cook beef ribs and briskets and dont use NO sauce. The smoke and crust is what its about. You can add some mop at the table but first you gotta try the plain meat.

That's Texas BBQ as well. If it requires BBQ sauce, it's no good.
0 Replies