DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 12:28 pm
OK, I'm about ready to stop my daily Diet Coke binges.

My hands shake at lunch time....

What sippin' drink do you folks keep at your desk?

No coffee. Can't stand the crap.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,805 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 12:50 pm
I quick drinking coke about 9 months ago. I drink water - plain boring water at my desk.

Another alternative if you want something with more flavor, I will also drink seltzer water with a little cranberry juice - you could probably use any of juice. I think it is great for soda addicts as it has the fizz.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:43 pm
Water for me. Boring, I know, but maybe you could keep seltzer or something a little more fizzy. If you need caffeine but can't stand coffee you might like a good strong breakfast strength tea.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:53 pm
I pretty much dropped the coke like drinks 25 years ago. Now, it's iced tea with meals and for sipping. Oh, and coffee with breakfast and sometimes at work. Worked for me, not sure about thee.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
I weaned myself from cokes and other soft drinks not so much from virtue but that I got sick of the sweet taste. I still have one once in a while when I want to excoriate my esophagus with acid to wash down whatever food, maybe BBQ.

I like plain very cold water with ice, and love mineral water 'con gas' as they say in Italy. The bubbles are sort of an extra kick. I pour it on ice and sometimes squeeze a lemon or lime or orange slice, or a tad of fruit juice - but mostly just the bubbly water and ice cubes.

Also like iced tea, both caffeine type and herbal, and am interested in some green tea mixes and want to drink more of them, as usual on ice, maybe this summer...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:05 pm
Well, that's what did it for me, osso. That sweet taste. Work in a broiling hot machine shop and get all your fluids from coke, you will end up with your mouth feeling like it's stuck shut.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:15 pm
Or even an unairconditioned landscape architect's office at the height of summer while drawing very large shadow plans over a light table all day while dripping sweat off not only your forehead but your nose, chin, even your drawing fingers.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:17 pm
green tea.

I order Gyokuro green tea from this website, a pound of it lasts me a little less than a year, maybe 9 months.

It's a subtle taste to get used to, but for me, it's much refreshing than water.

Also, it tastes nothing like the crap you get in tea bags at the grocery store. Don't get me started.

I enjoy the ritual of making green tea, making sure the water doesn't come to a boil, enjoying how the leaves have expanded when I pour the tea through the strainer, waming my hands when it's cold out.

It's also very good iced. pour the hot brewed tea in a container with just a drop or two of honey, and refridgerate. Drink it all that day though.

There's a tiny bit of caffeine in it, but not like soda. the health benefits far outweigh any caffeine.

I also like white tea, but not as much.

Not fond of the black teas.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:24 pm
DD, if you were really binging, you might want to wean yourself gradually.

I went caffeine-free a few years ago, because it bugged me to have caffeine withdrawal symptoms on days that I didn't have diet coke around. Now I drink room-temperature water all day.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 02:41 pm
mac11 wrote:
DD, if you were really binging, you might want to wean yourself gradually.

I went caffeine-free a few years ago, because it bugged me to have caffeine withdrawal symptoms on days that I didn't have diet coke

I'm definitely wary of the termination effects.

mac11 wrote:
around. Now I drink room-temperature water all day.

Ew....
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 03:03 pm
Why wean yourself off coke.

If you really want to stop drinking coke it might be best to go old turkey

of course your employer may not like having this sitting on your desk
http://images.findgift.com/Graphics/Gifts/PR_100127.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:07 am
I might take a shot at that.... Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 08:08 am
It might have to be the fifth thing I try, though.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 09:59 am
groan
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:18 am
We have carbonated water - Perrier, in the office and everyone seems
to like it. In fact, the die hard coke drinkers switched to Perrier after a while.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:20 am
I'm hooked on Arizona blueberry no carbs tea. Can't get enough of the stuff. It's probably not a whole lot better, but at least it has no aspartame or sacharin.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 11:58 am
Emergen-c packages get rid of the coke withdrawing shakes..
They also help with the headache.

Pour one into a small glass of orange juice. Swallow 2 ibuprofen in the morning, then have another package sometime around 11-12

it works.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:49 pm
Re: Soft drink junkie wants to get clean.
DrewDad wrote:
OK, I'm about ready to stop my daily Diet Coke binges.

My hands shake at lunch time....

What sippin' drink do you folks keep at your desk?

No coffee. Can't stand the crap.

green tea, well tea in general. yeah any tea. lots of tea.

im starting to believe it when people say i look like im british. I just found out they are like tea fiends like me.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:49 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
I'm hooked on Arizona blueberry no carbs tea. Can't get enough of the stuff. It's probably not a whole lot better, but at least it has no aspartame or sacharin.

arizona ROCKS! 1 dollar 1 dolla!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:51 pm
Carbonated water mixed with frozen orange juice..........yum!
0 Replies