givent2

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 07:21 pm
I have a rainsoft "EC4 50 T" system, with an under-the-counter water filter in my kitchen. The EC4 unit has an alarm that notifies (i.e. beeps annoyingly) when it thinks the filter upstairs needs to be replaced. This must be a simple timer, as the EC4 is not electronically connected to the filter.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to change the timer, aside from a 7-day snooze. Is there a way to access this timer feature of the info center without a service call?

Thanks!

http://members.cox.net/taylormcd/rainsoft_ec4.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 14,911 • Replies: 11
No top replies

RedCat

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
@givent2,
Did you ever find out how to reset the timer?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 05:29 am
@givent2,
Try http://www.rainsoft.com/customer-service/warranty.cfm
0 Replies

ponydawg

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2008 02:55 pm
@givent2,
hello, i am also a rainsoft ec4 owner and had to write a report to bbb.com in order to get the answer to reseting the alarms and the answer is:
1: press a button to get the console to light up
2: press the far left key and hold it down until ti says alarm review
3: go through the settings and reset all the alarms and you should be good to go

Ponydawg
rain soft user

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 09:05 pm
@ponydawg,
OMG!!! Thank you so much, I'm so happy I found this post.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 03:21 pm
Does this help?

http://www.rainsoftofhouston.com/manuals/EC4.pdf
0 Replies

Haga41

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 06:37 pm
@ponydawg,
Hello ponydawg,
I was looking for the same answer as a lot of people about the Rain Soft alarm.
Thanks for the info. My system is quite again. Not suprised you had to go to the BBB.
Haga41.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2011 05:29 am
@ponydawg,
Thank you!
0 Replies

Stevebo

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 08:37 pm
@givent2,
Settings can be changed without requiring a technician, but you need to be able to get into the settings as an "installer" to do it. Personally, I think Rainsoft should supply this information to the owner in the owner's manual since they bought it, and it's now theirs. If nothing else, show the info, and tell them they can always call a Rainsoft service center to do it for them if they aren't technical enough to make changes.

To make changes, you may want to plug in an outlet strip with an on/off power switch to the power receptacle, then plug your Rainsoft unit into the outlet strip. Only one setting can be changed at a time, and once the system saves the changes, you will need to turn the power strip back off, and then on again if you need to change more than one setting.

Start by turning off the power strip. Then hold down the Menu < button and the Customer Settings ^ button and while keeping these buttons pressed in, turn the power strip on. When the system boots up it will ask you for a password and you can stop pressing the two buttons. The "password" will be two button presses and it depends on the password chosen by the installer. But, what I found, and others too, is that the password is usually entered by pressing the Customer Settings ^ button twice. Once you do this, you will see that it will now accept changes to menu items.

To enter the installation mode which is where all the settings can be changed, first press the Menu > button which will display "Installer Setup" and then press the Enter button. Once you do this it will take a few seconds and show something like "entering installer setup" where each setting can be changed.

To change a setting you will want to pick which setting you want to change by pressing the Menu > button to go through the list. In your case, keep pressing the Menu > button until you see "Accessory Alarms Setup." Then press the Customer Settings ^ button to change the setting to "Yes" (which means you want to change the accessory alarms settings) and press Enter.

You can look at each alarm type such as Filter and if it shows "On" press the Enter key to change its value and then press the Customer Settings ^ button to change the value to "Off" followed by the Enter key again to save the setting change.

Once you do this the system will save the value you changed and will go back to its normal mode. Unfortunately you can't just change another setting without having to turn off the power strip, hold down the two buttons mentioned above, let it boot up, enter the password (that I indicated above for my case, and probably yours), get back into the "Installer Setup" mode as described above, navigate to Accessory Alarm Settings, find the next alarm type, change its value, save it, etc.

In my case not only did I want to turn off the alarms since I don't even use the filter and carbon tank, but I also needed to increase my water hardness from what the previous owner had set up for his house by the installer. As in everything else, there's a setting for hardness that can be changed as well. I knew what the hardness level was because I had an older system where Rainsoft tested the water hardness and indicated what it was (which was different than the EC4 water hardness setting that I bought on Craig's List).

Once you try these steps you'll be able to change anything in the system, but it will be annoying to turn off the power, hold two buttons down while turning it back on, enter the "password," navigate to the menu item, make changes, then after they are saved restart the whole dopey process again. Unless you only have one thing to change of course.

If you wait too long to make changes once in the Installer Setup mode, the system will revert back to its normal mode.
arlon adkinson

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 07:04 am
@Stevebo,
I have the manuals if you need them in .pdf format. it would be nice if I could just post them up for download! my email is [email protected]
0 Replies

arlon adkinson

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 07:06 am
I have the manuals in .pdf format if anyone needs them. i have both the owners and most important the installation manual. you can finally get rid of these annoying alarms! send email if you need them to [email protected]
0 Replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 12:05 am
Quote:
hello, i am also a rainsoft ec4 owner and had to write a report to bbb.com in order to get the answer to reseting the alarms and the answer is:
1: press a button to get the console to light up
2: press the far left key and hold it down until ti says alarm review
3: go through the settings and reset all the alarms and you should be good to go

Yes, these steps are helpful for you. Check it out once...!!!!
0 Replies