Racing?

Tyrius

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:13 pm
Does any one race? Any interesting racing stories?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,288 • Replies: 15
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 05:57 pm
Used to ... when I was quite a bit younger, drag, oval, and road course, with a little street thrown in. Dunno what sort of stories you'd consider interesting. I had some wins, I had some wrecks, I trashed a helluva lot of machinery, spent a whole bunch of money. One thing I remember quite clearly is how quiet it is between bone-jarring, eardrum-shattering crunches as the car flips end-over-end ... and how stuff tears loose inside and beats hell outta ya. Quite a ride.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:54 pm
That was quite interesting. Did you street races often? What type of cars you race?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 09:54 pm
Nah, didn't do a whole lotta street racin ... some, not much. My "Street Machine" was a '69 Camaro, SS350. which had a bunch of work done to it. It was "Street Legal", since it had bumpers and lights and mirrors and a horn and plates and so forth, but it really was a B-Pro-Stock strip machine, which turned consistent low 9s in strip trim. I had over the years a couple of USAC midgets, and a couple of SCCA A Production 'Vettes, along with a short relationship with a C Production 911 Porsche and a longer association with a D Production TR6. For a while in the early '70s, my brother and I campaigned a AA Fuel Rail, which was a huge money hole.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:07 am
Awesome, did you wreck that Camaro? if not what did you wreck and how?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 08:33 am
Never did wreck the Camaro .. it was pretty much my daily driver for several years. Blew the engine a couple times, tore up trannies, pretzled u-joints, twisted drive axles, scattered clutches from time to time, but never hit anything with it. The rest of 'em, 'cept for the rail, got a bit of bangin'up in the normal course of racin'. The one I flipped end-over-end most spectacularly was one of the 'Vettes ... pretty much destroyed it; about all that was left was the rollcage. The USAC midgets flipped, tumbled, and rolled numerous times, but they were built for it ... usually ready to race again the next week. Blew the rail up several times, but never did any real structural damage to it other than scattering mechanicals all over the place and mebbe a little resultant fire damage..
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 09:33 am
Wow, glad yer safe Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 11:41 am
LOL ... believe me, kid, so am I. Mr. Green

Some great memories there, but now I think I'd rather have the money :wink:
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 12:07 pm
heh yeah
I was thinking of doing some legal racing for some side money. Thats after i get my license
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 07:43 pm
Partner, the only folks who make real money from racin' are the folks who sell stuff to racers.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 07:56 pm
hahahah
i just wanna make some side cash for a comp or somethin
0 Replies

427stroker

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:38 pm
I've done a little street racing now and again with a variety of cars. a supra...comaro....300z.....f-150 and my buddies rx-7...got a couple stories for all of them. lemme know what you wanna hear
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
All of them
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
All of them
0 Replies

427stroker

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
dude i think the best storie i know i left out. This kid i know has..excuse me had a eagle talon. Completely built..massive turbo pushing like 25 pounds of boost. complete suspension,6 speed and all wheel drive.well last febuary vacation him a buddy decided to go up to this local turnpike that runs through our state and mess around. well he's racing everything he could find and being that it's such a lite car he's smoking like everything he could find. well in the process of racing he races right through radar at 150mph. at least that's what the ticket said.dude no lie he kept the entire towns highway patrol busy for like an hour. blasting down the breakdown lane right . finally he decide's he's had enough so he decides to get off the next exit. well unfortunitly that next exit was a dui checkpoint. busted. still doing well over a buck he hits a friggin speed bump and totaly smashes the whole front end. there all right until the cops drag him out of the car at gunpoint his a$$ gets arrested and fined a couple of grand and he can't get his license until he's like 21 .... dude i got more but i'm heading to bed cause i got work i'll check back in tommorow
0 Replies

doda

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:28 pm
427stroker wrote:
dude i think the best storie i know i left out. This kid i know has..excuse me had a eagle talon. Completely built..massive turbo pushing like 25 pounds of boost. complete suspension,6 speed and all wheel drive.well last febuary vacation him a buddy decided to go up to this local turnpike that runs through our state and mess around. well he's racing everything he could find and being that it's such a lite car he's smoking like everything he could find. well in the process of racing he races right through radar at 150mph. at least that's what the ticket said.dude no lie he kept the entire towns highway patrol busy for like an hour. blasting down the breakdown lane right . finally he decide's he's had enough so he decides to get off the next exit. well unfortunitly that next exit was a dui checkpoint. busted. still doing well over a buck he hits a friggin speed bump and totaly smashes the whole front end. there all right until the cops drag him out of the car at gunpoint his a$$ gets arrested and fined a couple of grand and he can't get his license until he's like 21 .... dude i got more but i'm heading to bed cause i got work i'll check back in tommorow
wow i like that one have u ever owned any muscel cars in ur days
0 Replies