ehBeth

Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:12 pm
I'll just have a small handful of roasted garlic cloves. I don't need to fancy them up at all. NUM NUM!
0 Replies

quinn1

Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:48 pm
bruschetta.....my absolute love of all time....and soooo simple, and dangit can I just say..pretty darn healthy <considering> Smile

timber....my oh my oh my....thinking I have some really really good recipies piling up here...Thanks for the input, and I dont think my breath bothers anyone around here, if it does, they better start eating the same dang thing! Garlic is WONDERFUL!!
0 Replies

mckenzie

Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:03 pm
RoTel dip is the favourite in our house with taco chips.

Dill dip is the favourite with veggies. A container of sour cream, a little mayonnaise, pressed garlic, Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste, with lots of chopped fresh dill.
0 Replies

quinn1

Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:08 pm
Dill dip, now this may be why I like to dip my pickles but, I just never put the two together before.

I love so many dips with tacos, nachos, any old corn chip will do.
0 Replies

JerryR

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 08:39 am
My mom used to make this crab dip for her Christmas party,..every year Very Happy

I still love it!!

Mom's Crab Dip

1 cup fresh crabmeat
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup scallions, minced
Freshly ground black pepper

Mix the crabmeat, mayonnaise and grated cheese in the top of a double boiler. Cook over medium heat until melted through. Stir in scallions and black pepper. Spoon onto toasted french bread or crackers. Serve hot.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 08:53 am
Joanne's Bean Dip

I can refried beans
1 brick cream cheese
1 small can chopped jalepeno
1/4 cup picante sauce

Mix the above and let set for a couple of hours

Tortilla chips for dipping
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 11:48 am
hmmmmmmmm MarleyFrances d'Abuzz made that crab dip when we visited her in 2001 - we served it in avocados flown in from California by another Abuzzin' friend

and i've got the ingredients for Joanne's Dip at home - and i like having a reason to buy more crunchy things that need to be dipped
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 11:58 am
All these dips is getting me hungry

I am however consuming Cheese Nips dipped in tomato soup, so I guess that counts
0 Replies

Piffka

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 12:09 pm
Yummm, crab dip. Yummm, bean dip. Yummm cheese nips & tomato soup!

How 'bout the easy shrimp "dip". Take a rectangle of cream cheese, pour cleaned fresh baby shrimp over that and cover nicely with a spicy tomato seafood sauce (spice it up with horseradish or garlic or ???). Can't really dip it, you need a knife to spread it over crackers or bread, but ..... it's amazingly GOOD!
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 12:11 pm
Anything that includes shrimp is very good.
0 Replies

Piffka

Tue 19 Nov, 2002 12:18 pm
What is it about shrimp that tastes so good? Though, I admit I sometimes have a hard time eating extremely large shrimp... I get to thinking I'm eating bugs. Go figure. But from the itsy-bitsy shrimp to the 25 per/lb. size? No problem!
0 Replies